translation problem OO 9.4.3

Jakub Wasielewski

Oct 6, 2014, 8:30:25 AM10/6/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I have problem with translation OO9.4.3 to my native language.

In verion 9.4.0 in package org.olat.modules.openmeetings.ui i have 99 translation keys, but in OO 9.4.3 in the same package i have only 68 translaton keys.  I can't translate to my native language this verison.

Open Meeting mogule is enabled and working propertly.

Any idea what i can do with that?

Greetings
Jakub Wasielewski

Jakub Wasielewski

Oct 6, 2014, 9:04:01 AM10/6/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello again

I forgot to say that my native langauge is polish.

Jakub Wasielewski

Florian Gnägi

Oct 9, 2014, 5:27:20 AM10/9/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jakub

Maybe you already translated some keys and it now shows you less remaining keys? I just checked: the translation files in DE and EN in that package did not change since 9.4.0.

Cheers
Florian

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOLAT".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOLAT and OLATpro
 hosting - operating - support - development - mobile - consulting

frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Hardturmstrasse 76
CH-8005 Zürich, Switzerland

skype:gnaegi  twitter:gnaegi  xing:Florian_Gnaegi

Message has been deleted

Jakub Wasielewski

Oct 10, 2014, 2:41:47 AM10/10/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Florian

I've cheked your sugesstion in translations tool > All translations. Always display in PL only 68 translations keys (all translated and non translated).

When i go to EN langauage it shows 155 translation keys, and in DE is 99 keys. In PL is only 68 keys. (always cheked all translated and non translated)

I think some keys in PL are missing. When i using inline translation tool, and want to translate form EN to PL, its redirecting me to first key in package.

In normal mode of OO non translated keys display in EN. So they exist in EN but not in PL language package.

Its possible to add this missing keys to PL package? I can send you list of missing translations keys which i don't have.

Cheers
Jakub Wasielewski

i've reedited my post - i found some errors

Cheers
Jakub Wasielewski

Jakub Wasielewski

Oct 10, 2014, 3:12:12 AM10/10/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi again

Everithing what i write above concerns to OO 9.4.3 verion. This instalaitoin is new, not upgrade from 9.4.0 version.

Cheers
Jakub Wasielewski

Jakub Wasielewski

Oct 10, 2014, 3:59:28 AM10/10/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Florian

I sending in attach comparsion of translation keys. It's for EN DE and PL language which i have on my OO 9.4.3 instalation.

Cheers
Jakub Wasielewski
comparison DE EN PL keys.txt

Florian Gnägi

Oct 10, 2014, 4:07:56 AM10/10/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jakub

Of course the keys are missing - until they are translated they will be shown as missing. Did you change the fallbacklang=de property? Note this must never be changed, this is where the keys are looked up. When you translate a language the DE keys are the reference. In all other languages the missing keys will automatically be added when you use the translation tool, there is no need to add any keys manually.

BTW: why do you not just use our translation server? You don’t have to setup things your own and we can integrate it to the release immediately.

Cheers
Florian

Florian Gnägi

Oct 10, 2014, 4:11:51 AM10/10/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
ah, does are some error messages that are not available in the german package for whatever reason. You can copy them from the en language or set en as the fallback languguage for the moment, then the translation tool will have them as well.

I’ll add them for the 10.1 release also to the german language.

Cheers
Florian

Am 10.10.2014 um 09:59 schrieb Jakub Wasielewski <wasielew...@gmail.com>:

<comparison DE EN PL keys.txt>

Jakub Wasielewski

Oct 17, 2014, 2:37:14 AM10/17/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Florian

Sorry for long time for my reply.

I still have problem with these keys. I didn't change fallbacklang=de property. Only was changed enabledLanguages for de,en and pl.

First i have cheked all properties in olat.properties and olat.local.properties with original file. And then i've turn off pl language in Administrations menu. Of course after each step i restart OO server. After that missing keys didn't copy form de language.
In next step to figure it, i change fallbacklang to en and missing keys don't copy to pl language too (your suggestions that will be automatically copied to pl pack). So sitll i don't have those keys. Translation tool did't copy missing keys.

Now I with my IT department making new instalation of OO 9.4.3 with no changes. I want to check that OO translation tool will copy missing keys.

Maybe You have solutions how i can copy manually those keys to pl pack?

About Yours questions - i use yours translation server but for now (and when i start translation) you have OO 10.0.5 version on it. And my University for now want to use OO9.4 version because verion 10 dont have en stable version. If you want when I finish translation, I can send you pl transation from my installation.

Cheers
Jakub Wasielewski

Jakub Wasielewski

Oct 17, 2014, 3:30:55 AM10/17/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Florian

After checking on new instalation OO 9.4.3 still i can't copy those keys.

Cheers

Jakub Wasielewski

Jakub Wasielewski

Oct 18, 2014, 6:04:44 AM10/18/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

Problem is fixed.  In openolat.properties i didn't change defoaultlangage to PL so thats why translation tools didn't copy translatuons keys. Now work everything propertly.

Thank You for Yours help.

Cheers
Jakub Wasielewski