New fields to fill in the profile

Curt

Jun 3, 2020, 5:39:55 PM6/3/20
to OpenOlat
hi guys!
Is there a simple way to add a field for "Twitter" or "Pinterest", TicToc" - or something else - in the profile view?

Curt

Urs Hensler

Jun 4, 2020, 7:56:24 AM6/4/20
to nicojohann89 via OpenOlat
Hi Curt

Go to Administration > Customizing > User Properties. On the bottom half of the page you will find generic properties. Select one and translate it e.g. “something else”. Set the appropriate group as well.

Then you have to configure where to show the property. Go to tab “Contexts”. Search for “org.olat.user.ProfileFormController” and click “Edit”. Enable your property. Probably you want to enable the property in further contexts.

Log out and log in again to see the result.

Kind regards,
Urs

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOlat".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

Curt

Jun 5, 2020, 6:14:27 PM6/5/20
to OpenOlat
Urs, thank you so much for your answer.
This works so far. I was able to integrate the additional field.  But: although I see this entry in my profile. others cannot see this entry in my profile.  Can this additional entry be made visible to others?

regards, Curt

Florian Gnaegi

Jun 6, 2020, 2:52:10 AM6/6/20
to open...@googlegroups.com
In your profile, select the tab *visiting card“. There every user defines himself which information he want’s to share. You can not force users to publish information.

Cheers
Florian

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOlat".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOlat
hosting - operating - support - development - mobile - consulting
frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Okenstrasse 6
CH-8037 Zürich, Switzerland

Find me on wire skype twitter xing linkedin

Curt

Jun 6, 2020, 9:21:15 AM6/6/20
to OpenOlat
Yes, I'm aware of that. I did that.But I can't check the appropriate box in the "visited Card" section. The field is simply not there.
See the screenshots in the attachment -> Entry Twitter.
regards, curt

profile_1.jpg

profile_2.jpg

Am Mittwoch, 3. Juni 2020 23:39:55 UTC+2 schrieb Curt:
hi guys!
Is there a simple way to add a field for "Twitter" or "Pinterest", TicToc" - or something else - in the profile view?

Curt

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOlat".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an

Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

Florian Gnaegi

Jun 8, 2020, 1:13:49 AM6/8/20
to open...@googlegroups.com
You need to enable your user property in all the contexts in OpenOlat where you wan to have it available.

Administration -> Customizing -> User Properties -> Contexts

Search for org.olat.user.HomePageConfig

Then edit this context and enable the user property there, move it’s location etc.

Cheers
Florian

Am 06.06.2020 um 15:21 schrieb 'Curt' via OpenOlat <open...@googlegroups.com>:

Yes, I'm aware of that. I did that.But I can't check the appropriate box in the "visited Card" section. The field is simply not there.
See the screenshots in the attachment -> Entry Twitter.
regards, curt

<profile_1.jpg>

Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de
<profile_1.jpg><profile_2.jpg>

Curt

Jun 8, 2020, 2:48:01 AM6/8/20
to OpenOlat
thx. This works perfectly. Except no link is created. Thanks for your help!
regards
Curt
Florian

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openolat/5c00576e-5883-4be7-ba0e-202475bac4b4o%40googlegroups.com.
<profile_1.jpg><profile_2.jpg>

Florian Gnägi

Jun 8, 2020, 2:51:33 AM6/8/20
to open...@googlegroups.com
Well, yeah, if you need a custom user property you have to implement the logic for it of course….

If you wan us to make you a quote for this, let me know privately.

Cheers
Florian