Anyone implemented SAML login / Shibboleth in Open OLAT?

Graham Conway

Aug 22, 2019, 3:57:50 PM8/22/19
to OpenOLAT
HI

Has anybody out there had success using SAML to allow SSO to openolat?  And what were the steps involved.

We want to use openolat as a SAML service provider

We see that there is some documentation for setting up Shibboleth Service Provide in the Admin wiki

Some of  the documentation is in German.  We were looking for a sort of check list as to what has to get set up.
We would appreciate any guidance as to how to start setting things up, and any pitfalls one might encounter.

Thanks,!

Graham Conway

Florian Gnägi

Aug 26, 2019, 6:12:52 AM8/26/19
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Graham

There are several shibbolized OpenOlat installations out there. Setting up the OpenOlat configuration for Shibboleth is not difficult, however the the Shibboleth configuration for the Apache Shibboleth module can be very tricky. Note that there is no „native“ SAML/Shibboleth support within OpenOlat, it relies on the apache Shibboleth module!

Please understand that we can not support you for free on such an advanced speciality topic. If you need help you can purchase a support package so we can help you on a time and material base. If you are interested send a mail to con...@frentix.com, thanks.

Best Regards
Florian

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOLAT".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOLAT
hosting - operating - support - development - mobile - consulting
frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Okenstrasse 6
CH-8037 Zürich, Switzerland

Find me on wire skype twitter xing linkedin

Graham Conway

Aug 26, 2019, 11:47:32 AM8/26/19
to open...@googlegroups.com
HI Florian,

Thanks for the reply.  We are just at very initial stages in our project. It's good  to know that people are using OLAT with SAML.

Thanks,

Graham Conway

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "OpenOLAT" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openolat/7ECA9CCE-70CB-4DE7-AEB0-7E496AA710CE%40frentix.com.

Graham Conway

Sep 2, 2019, 9:42:16 PM9/2/19
to OpenOLAT
Can anyone share their OLAT SAML experience?

Hi All

I was wondering if there is someone from one of those sites that Florian referred to that have implemented shibboleth saml,  that would be able to share information about their experience?

(I have been chartered to do this for my company)

Thanks!

Graham Conway