Reset user settings for course column width

Christof Marti

Feb 25, 2014, 6:38:33 AM2/25/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi

We have some users which report to see only an empty white page in certain courses, instead of the content. The courses have no access rights set. I assume they have maximally enlarged the left course structure/navigation column of this specific course across the right border of the page.
I reproduced this in a test course (on our installation and on the community system). It is possible, but very very difficult to move the divider back to the visible section. It looks to me that this settings are stored somewhere in the Database (possibly as a user-property), because the course shows up always the same for this users (also in different browsers).

I know that each user can reset all its personal visual settings in Preferences > System.
But is it possible for an Admin to reset this setting for a specific user on a specific course individually.
(I did not find a matching property in the users properties tab in user management)

(We are using OpenOLAT version 9.3.1, but the problem was existing already in Version 8.3.x)

Best regards
Christof
----
InIT Cloud Computing Lab
Institut of Applied Information Technology - InIT
Zurich University of Applied Sciences - ZHAW
School of Engineering
Phone: +41 58 934 70 63
Skype: christof-mart

Christof Marti

Feb 25, 2014, 6:58:51 AM2/25/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
OK. I found the solution myself. It is part of the v2guipreferences property which contains this value and has to be deleted.
Still the problem remains, that it is possible to enlarge the left column across the right border.

Cheers, Christof
----
InIT Cloud Computing Lab - ICCLab http://cloudcomp.ch
Institut of Applied Information Technology - InIT
Zurich University of Applied Sciences - ZHAW
School of Engineering
Phone: +41 58 934 70 63
Skype: christof-marti
> --
> --
> Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
> Groups-Gruppe "OpenOLAT".
> Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
> an open...@googlegroups.com
> Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
> openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
> Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
> http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

Florian Gnägi

Feb 25, 2014, 7:54:05 AM2/25/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christoph

You can reset the GUI prefs in the user management for each user, no need to fiddle in the database. It is in the settings tab, the last form.

In OpenOLAT 10 many layout things will change, most likely this problem will be solved by then.

Cheers
Florian
professional services for the e-learning system OpenOLAT and OLATpro
hosting - operating - support - development - mobile - consulting
http://www.frentix.com | http://www.olat.com | http://openolat.org

frentix GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Hardturmstrasse 76
CH-8005 Zürich, Switzerland

tel://+41-43-544-9000
dir://+41-43-544-9001
fax://+41-43-544-9009
skype:gnaegi twitter:gnaegi xing:Florian_Gnaegi