Delete resource functionality on Learning resource tab

mamtay...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2014, 4:05:01 AM7/15/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Can anyone please let me know how "Delete Resource" functionality is working on Learning resource tab. Which entries will be displayed in different tabs like 'Inactive entry', 'E-mail sent' and 'Ready to delete'.What are the conditions for  to get entries in these tabs.

Please revert asap.

Thanks,
Mamta.

Florian Gnägi

Jul 20, 2014, 3:33:02 PM7/20/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mamta

Have a look at RepositoryDeletionManager. Personally I find the feature not very usable, we intend to overhaul the course life-cycle in the future, but this needs some funding first.

Anyhow, this is how it works now:

- Open the dialog and go to 'inactive'. You will see a list of courses that have not been launched for I think 24 month.
- Select the ones you want to delete and trigger the email notification to the authors. The corresponding authors will get an email
- If the authors select the link in the email and look at the course again, those courses are "reactivated"
- All courses where authors did not react will show up in the "ready to delete" tab (I think after 30 days)
- Permanently delete the courses that are not reactivated by pressing the button

The workflow is flawed in many ways, but nevertheless it is here right now and you can use it if you like the workflow.

Cheers
Florian

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOLAT".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOLAT and OLATpro
 hosting - operating - support - development - mobile - consulting

frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Hardturmstrasse 76
CH-8005 Zürich, Switzerland

skype:gnaegi  twitter:gnaegi  xing:Florian_Gnaegi