OPENOLAT 10.1 not using jndi

Julio Enrique Caballero Suarez

Feb 18, 2015, 12:00:01 PM2/18/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I Installed Openolat 10.1 but I'm not using JNDI, also it was installed in /opt/apache,but it works using local not jndi, my question is what kind of troubles or penalties can I have with Openolat 10.1 if it not use jndi?

Thanks

Julio Caballero

Florian Gnägi

Feb 18, 2015, 12:21:32 PM2/18/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julio

OpenOLAT works fine with local database connection pool, some time ago we switched from c3po to Hikari.

In our setups we use the tomcat connection pool via jndi and found this very reliable. We just can not say anything about Hikari for production because we use this mainly during development because of the simpler configuration. What is needed to recommend it for production is testing, that’s it. If you feel safe with it, go for it.

Cheers
Florian

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOLAT".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOLAT
 hosting - operating - support - development - consulting

frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Hardturmstrasse 76
CH-8005 Zürich, Switzerland

skype:gnaegi  twitter:gnaegi  xing:Florian_Gnaegi