Use a Video Play other than the one provided by OpenOLAT 10.1

sup...@verateq.com

Feb 9, 2015, 8:41:51 AM2/9/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
I'm using the  Camtasia video editor from TechSmith.com to produce my SCORM 1.2 video, which includes its own video player.  The Camtasia video player has a variety of features, such as, an interactive table of contents that provides navigation to specific sections of the video.

When I upload the Camtasia produced SCORM.zip file to OpenOLAT it load just fine, but when I play the SCORM content I end up with the Camtasia player inside the OpenOLAT player.  The controls for the Camtasia player are all present and active except for the icon that controls going to full screen.  I can see the OpenOLAT video player controls behind the Camtasia player controls.  It is possible to click on the OpenOLAT controls to go to full screen, but then I loose the Camtasia controls for the interactive Table of Contents.

Is it possible to turn off the OpenOLAT video player and just use the Camtasia player?

Thank you for your help.

Nathan

Florian Gnägi

Feb 9, 2015, 12:00:14 PM2/9/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nathan

I don’t see how this could possibly be the case. The OpenOLAT video player is not added to SCORM modules but only to pages where you explicitly embedded an OpenOLAT video. The SCORM module runs in an iframe, so the player you see is part of your SCORM module, unless you added the necessary javascript call to load the OpenOLAT player to the HTML code yourself.

Maybe you have a link where you could show the issue.

Cheers
Florian

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOLAT".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOLAT
 hosting - operating - support - development - consulting

frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Hardturmstrasse 76
CH-8005 Zürich, Switzerland

skype:gnaegi  twitter:gnaegi  xing:Florian_Gnaegi

sup...@verateq.com

Feb 9, 2015, 8:48:31 PM2/9/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Florian,

In my original post I attached a screen shot of the problem of both players loading when I click on the "Show SCORM" button.  I was hoping the screen shot would demonstrate the problem.

I'm attaching the zip file that I uploaded to our OpenOLAT Server. It contains the TechSmith Smart Player which is included with the MP4 video and the SCORM content produced by the Camtasia video editor.  Please take a look at the javascripts and see if there is something that the Camtasia video editor is adding to the file that is causing the problem.

Maybe you can load the zip file on a OpenOLAT server that you use for testing so that you can replicate the problem.

Thank you,

Nathan
DVOR_test_4.zip

sup...@verateq.com

Feb 9, 2015, 9:07:39 PM2/9/15
to open...@googlegroups.com, sup...@verateq.com
We have determined that the problem is with Camtasia video editor.  Thank you for your help.

Nathan