"Xiron OS got an event timeout" & XnSensorServer.exe

Baub

May 13, 2011, 3:34:55 AM5/13/11
to OpenNI
Hello everybody...

My installation attempts for the new version of OpenNI/NITE/Sensor
caused me some problems...I am using Windows 7 and Visual Studio 2008.

I tried to install a new stable or unstable new version for two days.
At the end I was convinced that it wouldn't work and I reinstalled the
first version that I had on my computer. The thing is now everything
works fine if I try to execute my programs or the given exemples by
double clicking on them. The problem is I can't execute them via
Visual Studio :(. I get "Xiron OS got an event timeout" error. I found
out that the XnSensorServer.exe (in C:\Program Files (x86)\Prime Sense
\Sensor\Bin) can't be executed from Visual Studio and that's the
source of my problem. If I execute manually this server then I can
execute my programs via Visual Studio. I didn't do any changes in
Visual Studio during my installation attempts so I can't figure out
why I have this problem. I think I need to change a configuration
element but I don't know which one.

Do anyone knows where this server path is configured on Visual Studio?
Or tell me the problem if I am wrong?

Thanks

Bodo

May 13, 2011, 10:57:13 AM5/13/11
to OpenNI
I've got the same issue, so if anyone knows a solution...
But my compiled program can't start the PrimeSense Server.

Have you already checked if your code, if compiled now, can start the
server? Maybe it's an issue about the newer driver version..

Baub

May 13, 2011, 11:06:58 AM5/13/11
to OpenNI
Hi,

Yes I can compile and then start the server if I double click on it.
But I can't start it with Visual Studio.

Actually, I have the following versions on my computer : OpenNI -
1.0.0.23, Sensor 5.0.0, NITE 1.3.0.17

Rodrigo Ibañez

May 14, 2011, 12:44:57 AM5/14/11
to openn...@googlegroups.com
How about environment variables

 name: OPEN_NI_LIB
 value: C:\Program Files\OpenNI\Lib

Heresy

Nov 24, 2011, 12:23:07 AM11/24/11
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have this problem in new OpenNI (1.4.0.2)?

I don't have this problem when using OpenNI 1.3.4.3.
But after update to 1.4.0.2, I always get the error "Xiron OS got an event timeout" if run the program by "Start debugging"(F5) in VC.
If I run the program via "Start without Debugging"(Ctrl + F5), than it works without problem.

This problem happens in both 32 and 64 bit, debug and release mode.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

Test computer: Windows 7 x64 + VisualStudio 2010
OpenNI 1.4.0.2 + NITE 1.5.0.2 + SensorKinect 5.0.5.1, both 32 and 64bit version.

Hevinci

Nov 24, 2011, 2:36:36 AM11/24/11
to OpenNI
i have same problem.

Lior Cohen

Nov 24, 2011, 9:11:19 AM11/24/11
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

I notice that as well, we will investigate it and rectify any problem that we might find shortly.

Regards,
Lior C

Steven Lien

Nov 25, 2011, 9:17:16 AM11/25/11
to OpenNI

I have same issue MS 2008 + 1.4.0.2 + avin sensor kinect

> > version.- 隱藏被引用文字 -
>
> - 顯示被引用文字 -

Moshe Blitz

Nov 25, 2011, 10:08:16 AM11/25/11
to openn...@googlegroups.com, OpenNI
Hi

The problem was replicated by Primesense. We will fix the issue.

Regards,
Moshe
Sent from my mobile.

lukas...@arbuzz.eu

Nov 25, 2011, 1:00:19 PM11/25/11
to OpenNI
Yes, same here (actually I wasn't aware about Ctrl + F5 - thanks for
that!).
The interesting thing is it acts like this in some of my solutions
only - in some others it works fine.

Campi

Dec 1, 2011, 10:43:33 PM12/1/11
to OpenNI
For me even with Ctrl + F5 don't work, and yes, only my solution have
this problem becouse nite samples and openi samples work fine to me
I m using OpenNI 1.4.0.2 + NITE 1.5.0.2 + SensorKinect 5.0.5.1 in
window 7 32 bit

Openi 1.4.

Kaushal Jain

Dec 3, 2011, 5:26:36 PM12/3/11
to openn...@googlegroups.com
same problem here as well... Any solutions found yet?

Moshe Blitz

Dec 4, 2011, 2:35:18 AM12/4/11
to openn...@googlegroups.com

Hi

We are aware of this issue and working to find a solution towards the next release

Regards,

Moshe Blitz

Moshe Blitz | Support Manager | PrimeSense |

www.primesense.com |

shubham patni

Dec 6, 2011, 8:49:31 AM12/6/11
to OpenNI
thanks Moshe ,

On Dec 4, 12:35 pm, Moshe Blitz <Moshe.Bl...@primesense.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are aware of this issue and working to find a solution towards the next release
>
> Regards,
> Moshe Blitz
>

> Moshe Blitz | Support Manager | PrimeSense |www.primesense.com<http://www.primesense.com> |

Ziv Hendel

Dec 18, 2011, 3:11:36 PM12/18/11
to OpenNI
Hi!
We've solved the "time out" problem, please try the new release that
just came out and let us know if it's all better now...
Thanks,
Ziv.

Heresy

Dec 18, 2011, 8:47:36 PM12/18/11
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Is this bug cause by sensor driver?
I had updated OpenNI and NITE, but still using older SensorKinect Driver(v0.8 based on 5.0.5.1), but still have the same problem.

Hevinci

Dec 19, 2011, 6:48:57 AM12/19/11
to OpenNI
Hi, Heresy.
I agree with you. I think this bug cause by sensor driver.
we must waiting Avin2 to update the new driver.

Ziv Hendel

Dec 19, 2011, 8:56:50 AM12/19/11
to OpenNI
You are right, the fix was in the sensor module...

Ziv.

Felix

Dec 20, 2011, 4:18:19 AM12/20/11
to OpenNI
No need to wait, the new OpenNI and NITE version works fine with the
older SensorKinect 5.0.3.4
The new auto calibration feature works really smooth now and I noticed
a general better tracking, great work!

yust

Dec 20, 2011, 4:54:18 PM12/20/11
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hevinci,

Did you find a solution to this problem or are you still waiting for a new sensor solution from Avin2? I am still getting the Xiron OS Timeout error when I compile from Visual Studio 2010, and then I get an Unhandled Exception error later at runtime. This is with the latest OpenNI and Nite dev 1.5.2 installers, SensorKinect 5.0.5.1, Windows7 on 32 bit.

Thanks

rickypetit

Dec 21, 2011, 6:54:32 AM12/21/11
to OpenNI
Hi,

the same problem reproduced with same driver & openni version on
Visual Studio 2008.

Regards,

Ricard

Hevinci

Dec 21, 2011, 7:35:39 AM12/21/11
to OpenNI
Hi, yust.
the new avin2 sensorkinect driver ready to update : https://github.com/avin2/SensorKinect
I think that after installing the new avin2 sensor driver will solve
this problem.

Hevinci

Dec 21, 2011, 8:29:38 AM12/21/11
to OpenNI
Hi.
I had test the new Avin2 sensorKinect driver. The "Xiron OS Timeout"
bug is fixed in new driver.(sensor 5.1.0.25)
the new driver need install the lasted openni and nite version( openni
1.5.2.7 & nite 1.5.2.7)
Avin2 site: https://github.com/avin2/SensorKinect
> > Thanks- 隐藏被引用文字 -
>
> - 显示引用的文字 -

yust

Dec 21, 2011, 11:30:01 AM12/21/11
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hevinci,
Thanks for the quick response! Guess I just had to wait one more day, the new Avin2 5.1.0.25 version solved the problem for me as well.