New release! (OpenNI-1.5.2.23, NITE-1.5.2.21, Sensor-5.1.0.41)

Ziv Hendel

Jan 4, 2012, 8:41:24 AM1/4/12
to OpenNI
Hi all,

A new stable & unstable release (they are identical) was uploaded into
the www.openni.org site.
(OpenNI-1.5.2.23, NITE-1.5.2.21, Sensor-5.1.0.41)

The release mainly fixes bugs and also improve the skeleton tracking
quality.
The SSSE3 compatibility with AMD CPUs was also fixed as well.

The complete list of changes and the sources were updated on our
GitHub.

Thanks,
Ziv.

Glauco Márdano

Jan 4, 2012, 3:33:02 PM1/4/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ziv,
           Have you guys solved the CircleDetector.getCircleEvent() and CircleDetector.getNoCircleEvent() private access issue in nite java wrapper on this release as well?

-Thanks

Ziv Hendel

Jan 4, 2012, 5:23:24 PM1/4/12
to OpenNI
Yes we've fixed that as well :-)

Ziv.

FredrikS

Jan 4, 2012, 6:01:44 PM1/4/12
to OpenNI
Is the new stable release with the calibration free tracking?

/Fred

Justin Ko

Jan 4, 2012, 9:14:32 PM1/4/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
hi,i tried this new version ,but it seems that the bug of not supporting debug mode in vs2008 still exist,have u guys fixed this bug?

Justin Ko

Jan 4, 2012, 9:20:44 PM1/4/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
when running in the debug mode, after init the context , a "Xiron OS got an event timeout" error was returned.

yousry

Jan 5, 2012, 3:41:55 AM1/5/12
to OpenNI
thank you!

OpenNI + NITE now works on my Linux x64 / AMD-Phenom 2 desktop.

Xsu Ma

Jan 5, 2012, 12:32:11 PM1/5/12
to OpenNI

Hi Ziv,

Thanks for great effort and have a Happy New Year.

Does this https://github.com/PrimeSense/Sensor/tree/unstable still
require Avin's fix?

--X

Daniel Accorsi

Jan 5, 2012, 2:12:37 PM1/5/12
to OpenNI

Hi Ziv,

I am working with C# (VS2010) running under Win32. After upgrade
openni and creating a new project, its return me an error just in line
to CreateFromXmlFile(), see:
After I updated, this also happens with other programs.

The line:
context = Context.CreateFromXmlFile(@"..\..\Data\SamplesConfig.xml",
out scriptNode);

The error dialog when play:
Could not find the entry point of the procedure ?
Tell@XnIOFileStream@@QAEIPA_K@Z in the dynamic link library
XnCore.dll.

Other error dialog:
Could not find the entry point of the procedure ?
HandlePackedObject@XnStreamReaderDevice@@MAEII@Z in the dynamic link
library XnDDK.dll

Can help?

Thanks.
Daniel Accorsi.

Pieter-Jan Van de Maele

Jan 5, 2012, 3:34:33 PM1/5/12
to OpenNI
This probably just means that you have to re-enter the correct values
of our samplesconfig.xml file etc.

Add the license key, and prime sense vendor. (Should be somewhere at
Program Files/OpenNI/Data) and then don't forget to restart your
computer!!

After this, the issue should be fixed. It has nothing to do with the
new update.

alex_karate_do

Jan 6, 2012, 1:17:43 PM1/6/12
to OpenNI
Hi,
I've just updated to latest Openni, and i noticed that Avin2 didn't
release an updated KinectMod driver yet.
As expected, now i receive the following error:

"One or more of the following nodes could not be enumerated:"

Any ideas?

Victor

Jan 6, 2012, 7:27:12 PM1/6/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
the solution is to wait for Avin...

Devesh Yamparala

Jan 8, 2012, 7:01:14 AM1/8/12
to OpenNI
Hi
Yesterday, I began by trying to install kinect drivers on my Ubuntu
11.04 machine. I followed the directions in the readme of avin's repo
which are

1) Install unstable OpenNI (http://www.openni.org/Downloads/
OpenNIModules.aspx)
On Linux/Mac please do: ./sudo install.sh
2) Install Sensor (this version...)
On Linux/Mac please do: ./sudo install.sh
3) Install unstable NITE (http://www.openni.org/downloadfiles/
opennimodules/openni-compliant-middleware-binaries/33-latest-unstable)
On Linux/Mac please do: ./sudo install.sh

Now, when i try to run executables from this folder kinect/OpenNI-Bin-
Dev-Linux-x86-v1.5.2.23/Samples/Bin/x86-Release like
./Sample-NiSimpleViewer
I get One or more of the following nodes could not be enumerated:

So, did I do something wrong or do i wait for avin?

On Jan 7, 5:27 am, Victor <mui...@gmail.com> wrote:
> the solution is to wait for Avin...

Daniel Accorsi

Jan 9, 2012, 9:31:17 AM1/9/12
to OpenNI
Try install last version of OpenNI and install the last of Avin2:
https://github.com/avin2/SensorKinect

I did that and the samples worked without problems.

hben8814

Jan 9, 2012, 10:53:12 AM1/9/12
to OpenNI
Hi there.

I'm trying to compile the new unstable OpenNI in ubuntu 10.10 32 bits,
but it fails when compiling the mono samples.
Please I need help, I really need to check the stability of skeleton
tracking for my thesis.

Thanks.

The error I got is:

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/herman/Tesis/Development/Kinect/
OpenNI/Platform/Linux/Build/Samples/SimpleViewer.net'
make -C Samples/UserTracker.net
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/herman/Tesis/Development/Kinect/
OpenNI/Platform/Linux/Build/Samples/UserTracker.net'
gmcs -out:../../../Bin/x86-Release/UserTracker.net.exe -target:winexe -
unsafe -o+ -r:OpenNI.net.dll -r:System.Windows.Forms.dll -
r:System.Drawing.dll -lib:../../../Bin/x86-Release ../../../../../
Samples/UserTracker.net/*.cs ../../Res/AssemblyInfo-OpenNI.cs
../../../../../Samples/UserTracker.net/MainWindow.cs(80,52): error
CS0117: `OpenNI.CalibrationStatus' does not contain a definition for
`ManualAbort'
/usr/lib/mono/gac/OpenNI.net/1.3.3.5__6b43d0c6cf74ee7f/OpenNI.net.dll
(Location of the symbol related to previous error)
Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 0 warnings
make[1]: *** [../../../Bin/x86-Release/UserTracker.net.exe] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/herman/Tesis/Development/Kinect/
OpenNI/Platform/Linux/Build/Samples/UserTracker.net'
make: *** [Samples/UserTracker.net] Error 2

Francisco Vicente

Jan 9, 2012, 12:30:43 PM1/9/12
to OpenNI
Me too, I am having compilation problems with the last stable and
unstable release but in my case I am using Linux 64 bits

Gustavo Jordan

Jan 9, 2012, 12:33:25 PM1/9/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Nice works

Gustavo Jordan (jordan_)
Research and Software Engineer @ Corollarium.com
gustavo...@corollarium.com
8257 E78E F988 AE28 D13B  6273 BF34 C182 66AE 338C
Key fingerprint at pgp.mit.edu

kaleem ullah

Jan 9, 2012, 11:12:43 PM1/9/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
just wanted to know that  can we start tracking skeleton without  calibration pose  in new release?
thanx

devesh yamparala

Jan 10, 2012, 10:55:31 AM1/10/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,
  Thanks for the reply. I tried installing OpenNI-Unstable-1.5.2.7 .

As many people are saying, even I am getting the same error while running ./RedistMaker
Although it fails, it did create a Redist folder which had a install.h . I ran that too( even though the make failed)  and still the problem persists with as I have been getting this error
One or more of the following nodes could not be enumerated:

Can anyone tell me exactly which version worked for them and what are the steps taken?

To install Openni I just do
'./RedistMaker' first followed by 'sudo ./install' in Redist folder.

And then i just install avin's Primesensor 5.1.0.25

Devesh Yamparala
3rd Yr Undergrad
Indian Institute of Technology Madras

エルマン 「Herman」

Jan 10, 2012, 12:38:07 PM1/10/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
try
"sudo sh ./RedistMaker"

or add permissions

"chmod +x RedistMaker"

That worked me

I installed openni, PrimeSenseSenor, avin2 SensorKinect, and NITE
In that order it worked for me

devesh yamparala

Jan 10, 2012, 12:51:31 PM1/10/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Thanks for reply. I just now tried using sudo too but it gives me the same compilation errors which are

* Building Samples in release configuration......
error CS0006: cannot find metadata file `System.Windows.Forms.dll'
make[1]: *** [../Bin/x86-Release/SimpleViewer.net.exe] Error 1
make: *** [SimpleViewer.net] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
error CS0006: cannot find metadata file `System.Windows.Forms.dll'
make[1]: *** [../Bin/x86-Release/UserTracker.net.exe] Error 1
make: *** [UserTracker.net] Error 2
failed to execute: make  -j4 -C Redist/OpenNI-Bin-Dev-Linux-x86-v1.5.2.7/Samples/Build  > /home/devesh/Desktop/rise_lab_project/OpenNI-OpenNI-1c1367c/Platform/Linux/CreateRedist/Output/BuildSmpRelease.txt
Build samples in release Failed!

Any ideas??

エルマン 「Herman」

Jan 10, 2012, 1:35:06 PM1/10/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
I had a similar error, but when I used "sudo sh ./RedistMaker" there wasn't error.
Try to compile manually in:
"/Plattform/Linux/Build/ sudo make"

Byung-Ho Ahn

Jan 10, 2012, 7:11:09 PM1/10/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com

Hi Devesh,

Did you installed mono-complete?

sudo apt-get install mono-complete

Thanks,

BH

devesh yamparala

Jan 11, 2012, 9:08:04 AM1/11/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Hi BH,
    Thanks a lot. I did not know that mono was needed. Now I don't get any error while running 'sudo ./Redist' .
And then I have installed it and tried running but still, I have no clue why, I get the same output saying
one or more of the following nodes cannot be enumerated

So, I have installed libfreenect becos I found a nice video which showed all the steps to install and now I can use the kinect pretty well. This was the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgY2zf5qKnA

So, now i know that atleast it isn't the problem with the power supply or the kinect itself.

Pengfei Zhang

Feb 19, 2012, 10:08:42 AM2/19/12
to OpenNI
Hi All, Lion 10.7.3 64bit has the same problem and I have tried
Herman's solution but didn't works for me :-(
I thought mono works fine for me because it used to compile the older
version well.
Any idea? thanks!

On Jan 10, 6:35 pm, エルマン 「Herman」 <hben8...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I had a similar error, but when I used "sudo sh ./RedistMaker" there wasn't
> error.
> Try to compile manually in:
> "/Plattform/Linux/Build/ sudo make"
>
> 2012/1/10 devesh yamparala <dev...@gmail.com>
>

> > Hi,
> > Thanks for reply. I just now tried using sudo too but it gives me the same
> > compilation errors which are
>
> > * Building Samples in release configuration......
> > error CS0006: cannot find metadata file `System.Windows.Forms.dll'
> > make[1]: *** [../Bin/x86-Release/SimpleViewer.net.exe] Error 1
> > make: *** [SimpleViewer.net] Error 2
> > make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
> > error CS0006: cannot find metadata file `System.Windows.Forms.dll'
> > make[1]: *** [../Bin/x86-Release/UserTracker.net.exe] Error 1
> > make: *** [UserTracker.net] Error 2
> > failed to execute: make -j4 -C
> > Redist/OpenNI-Bin-Dev-Linux-x86-v1.5.2.7/Samples/Build >
> > /home/devesh/Desktop/rise_lab_project/OpenNI-OpenNI-1c1367c/Platform/Linux/ CreateRedist/Output/BuildSmpRelease.txt
> > Build samples in release Failed!
>
> > Any ideas??
>
> > 2012/1/10 エルマン 「Herman」 <hben8...@gmail.com>
>
> >> Hi,
> >> try
> >> "sudo sh ./RedistMaker"
>
> >> or add permissions
>
> >> "chmod +x RedistMaker"
>
> >> That worked me
>
> >> I installed openni, PrimeSenseSenor, avin2 SensorKinect, and NITE

Rodrigo Groppa

Mar 19, 2012, 8:59:11 PM3/19/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
I'm getting this error when executing any sample executable from NITE or OpenNI.

What was your solution?

Sachin Sharma

May 28, 2012, 3:47:13 AM5/28/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
I ma getting this error since a long time but no clue, I tried install uninstall of openNI NITE and Sensor kinect all version all permutation. but not getting any solution

Could not find the entry point of the procedure ?  Tell@XnIOFileStream@@QAEIPA_K@Z in the dynamic link library XnCore.dll.

on various forum people replied very lightly that just  Add the license key, and prime sense vendor. (Should be somewhere at Program Files/OpenNI/Data

But I am not gettnging what does that mean. at what line number what should be added. I downloaded stuffs from AS3kinect and there is no mention about that.
so how to get license etc..

roberto

May 28, 2012, 8:47:22 AM5/28/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
If you are asking about where to add the license key, you need open SamplesConfig.xml in Data directory and you will see the License node. Add license to there.
In the same way, you have NITE\Data directory where you will find some xml file. Add the license key to them.
Cheers.

Victor

May 28, 2012, 1:25:49 PM5/28/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Were you ever able to solve this problem?

Victor

May 28, 2012, 1:27:10 PM5/28/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Have you been able to fix this issue?

Jason J

Jun 18, 2012, 3:11:12 PM6/18/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Good Afternoon,

I am having the same issue; an 'Entry point not found' the XnDDK.dll   I have included the licensing information for the NITE and OpenNI Samples*.xml files and receive the same error.  When I installed the drivers I used the PrimeSense full installation module followed by a reboot. All three of the PrimeSense devices are correctly showing up inside of the Control Panel->Devices. Rebooted the machine again after adding the licensing information with the same error occuring. The kinect device does have the green light blinking when connected via usb and plugged in.

Have I executed the installation correctly?

Cheers,
Jason

Paulo Henrique Borges

Jun 28, 2012, 1:48:13 PM6/28/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jason J,

I'm having the same issue.  All three of the PrimeSense devices are correctly showing up inside of the Control Panel->Devices.   The kinect device does have the green light blinking when connected via usb and plugged in. But there is something with  XnDDK.dll and Xncore.dll