OpenHAB package for Synology Diskstations

die...@hofrichter.at

Nov 17, 2013, 12:42:20 PM11/17/13
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Attached is an installable package of OpenHAB 1.3.1 for Synology NAS.
I have only tested it on DS213+ with java 7 from http://pcloadletter.co.uk/2011/08/23/java-package-for-synology/
In the Synology package manager you can
  • install
  • start
  • stop
  • uninstall

OpenHAB.

If the directory /volume1/public/OpenHAB/configurations exists, this directory will be used for all OpenHAB configuration files. This should make it easier to work with the OpenHAB designer installed on your PC.

If the directory /volume1/public/OpenHAB/addons exists, this directory will be used for all OpenHAB addons (bindings) files.

The UI is on port 8081, the console (via telnet) is on port 5555

Have fun!

OpenHAB-1.3.1-syno-noarch-0.001.spk

Kai Kreuzer

Nov 24, 2013, 3:23:26 PM11/24/13
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Same comment as for your other e-mail - this should not get lost in the depth of the Google mailing group!

Cheers,
Kai

<OpenHAB-1.3.1-syno-noarch-0.001.spk>

Yannick Hein

Nov 25, 2013, 1:59:07 PM11/25/13
to ope...@googlegroups.com, die...@hofrichter.at
Hi all,

I have successfully installed Java 7 and the OpenHAB package, but I get the same errors there that I get on my RaspberryPi - when loading the items file, it says "Couldn't find ItemFactory for item ...". Most groups and items then are not available for the rules and the sitemap. What is going wrong? Does it work for anyone? I cannot even correctly start a micro-configuration with just one static string item...

Works fine on Windows...

Any help is welcome!
Cheers
Yannick

Kai Kreuzer

Nov 25, 2013, 5:14:02 PM11/25/13
to ope...@googlegroups.com

 but I get the same errors there that I get on my RaspberryPi - when loading the items file, it says "Couldn't find ItemFactory for item …".

Will have to fix this soon...

Dieter Hofrichter

Nov 27, 2013, 2:43:58 PM11/27/13
to ope...@googlegroups.com

daniel.go...@gmail.com

Dec 4, 2013, 2:35:18 PM12/4/13
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your work!
Is it possible to replace the 1.3.1 installation with a 1.4.0 snapshot? I'd replace everything in /var/packages/OpenHAB/target/ with the snapshot files. Is this the right way?

Thomas Eichstädt-Engelen

Dec 4, 2013, 6:14:09 PM12/4/13
to ope...@googlegroups.com
thanks, Dieter!

Best,

Thomas E.-E.

Dieter Hofrichter

Dec 5, 2013, 4:58:59 PM12/5/13
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Yes, replace everything in /var/packages/OpenHAB/target/ with the snapshot files should do the trick.
Let us know if it works!

domole...@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2013, 5:09:23 AM12/27/13
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

thanks, Dieter for this package !
I installed your package.

It worked the first time, but now, when I run the start, it'll be back to stop in Synology interface package.

If I start the scrip manually with command, it works.

Can you help me.

Thanks
Guy

Michael Aschenborn

Jan 15, 2014, 12:02:30 PM1/15/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
That sounds interesting - but what about energy saving? Does it work if the hdds are in standby mode or stay them online?
I don't want them to be online the day long only to write a few logfiles...

Michael

Michael Aschenborn

Jan 24, 2014, 10:04:55 AM1/24/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com

I just updated my Synology 214play to DSM 5.0 beta.

In the packagemanager I could install Java 7 SE

Then I installed your openHAB package.

It seems to run but I can't open the WebUI.

There's the error:

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /openhab.app. Reason:

    Sitemap 'demo' could not be found

Caused by:

org.openhab.ui.webapp.render.RenderException: Sitemap 'demo' could not be found
	at org.openhab.ui.webapp.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet.service(WebAppServlet.java:134)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ServletRegistration.service(ServletRegistration.java:61)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.processAlias(ProxyServlet.java:128)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.service(ProxyServlet.java:60)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:848)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:598)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:486)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:231)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1065)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:413)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:192)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:999)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:250)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:149)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:111)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.handleRequest(AbstractHttpConnection.java:454)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.headerComplete(AbstractHttpConnection.java:890)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(AbstractHttpConnection.java:944)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:630)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:230)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:77)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:606)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:46)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:603)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:538)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

Do you have any idea to help me?

Michael

dejan...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2014, 11:12:56 AM1/28/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
I had this problem today after fresh instal of openHAB on DSM 4.3 and there really was no file 'demo.sitemap' in /volume1/@appstore/OpenHAB/configurations/sitemaps.
Check if You have this file '/volume1/@appstore/OpenHAB/configurations/sitemaps/demo.sitemap' if no then copy it from desktop version '.../openhab/openhab-runtime-1.3.1/configurations/sitemaps/demo.sitemap' as I did. Before I found out this I also tried this one: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/openhab/8EsYgqC8QHU/VhommIHoXKsJ

Dejan

Michael Aschenborn

Jan 28, 2014, 12:27:36 PM1/28/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, dejan...@gmail.com
Thank you.

Why do you write "/volume1/@appstore/OpenHAB/configurations/sitemaps" ?
I thought I have to create the folder "/volume1/OpenHAB/configurations/sitemaps"

dejan...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2014, 2:23:35 AM1/29/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, dejan...@gmail.com
Try 'sudo find / -name "openhab"' to see where it was installed on Synology. I also expected, according to documentation, that installation would be here /volume1/OpenHAB/ but it was not. Yet I found it installed in /volume1/@appstore/OpenHAB. I installed it over Syno web UI using package manager and repo link. You can try put demo.sitemap here /volume1/OpenHAB/configurations/sitemaps, I did not tried this, maybe this also works. I put it there because I have openHAB installed on my mac also and there all config files are found inside installation folder like /Users/dejan/openhab/openhab-runtime-1.3.1/configurations and documentation says to edit those demo files.

Dieter Hofrichter

Jan 30, 2014, 11:14:31 AM1/30/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, dejan...@gmail.com
Dear dejan...@gmail.com,

thank you for the information.

You wrote that you expected OpenHAB in another directory according to the documentation. Would you please point me to the documentation with the wrong path so that I can fix this?
In the OpenHAB wiki at https://github.com/openhab/openhab/wiki/Hardware-FAQ#wiki-paths the path should be correct though:
"OpenHAB is installed at /var/packages/OpenHAB/target/ (which is linked to/volume1/@appstore/OpenHAB)"
Have fun
Dieter

Dieter Hofrichter

Jan 31, 2014, 2:40:32 AM1/31/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, dejan...@gmail.com
Attached and on the package server https://www.hofrichter.at/sspks is an install-able package of the OpenHAB 1.3.1 demo files (only the demo files!) for Synology NAS. Prerequisite is that the OpenHAB 1.3.1 package is installed.
Screenshot of the OpenHAB UI showing the demo configuration

After the installation of OpenHAB and the demo files http://your.synology.URL:8081/openhab.app?sitemap=demo should show the UI with the demo configuration (see screenshot attached).

"Text to speech" is disabled from configurations/rules/demo.rules otherwise the demo files are unchanged.This change was necessary (at leased on a DS213+) else OpenHAB stops responding.
Give OpenHAB a minute or so after the start of OpenHAB before you expect any response in the UI ;-)
openhab-demo-configurations-1.3.1-dh-syno-noauth-2.spk

gdelag...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2014, 5:58:16 AM2/18/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
hi , is there already a version 1.4 of openhab ready for the synology ?

and also is qemu working with the synology, in order to get the Homematic Lan Adapter working ?

Thanks in advance.

Thomas E.-E.

Feb 18, 2014, 5:12:26 PM2/18/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, dejan...@gmail.com
Hi Dieter,

since i have no clue about the building rules of the Synology packages. Could you point us to some sources where to find information about it? Would be great to have the packages generated automatically by the CI server.

Best,

Thomas E.-E.

Dieter Hofrichter

Feb 18, 2014, 5:45:36 PM2/18/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for your interest on the synology package of OpenHAB!

to build the package.

The synology package has the file extension .spk and is a .gz file.

It contains:
- A file named info (a text file with the version name/number, developer, icon,...)
- icon files
- a directory named script with the install/update/start/uninstall scripts
- a file named package.gz - this file contains all additionally needed data/files (.tar.gz format)

I'm a bit busy at the moment - but I guess that we just have to update the path in the install script to the new OpenHAB version (OpenHAB is not in the package itself but it is downloaded from the official source...) and the info file.

I'll have a look at it ASAP.

Liebe Grüße Dieter

Dieter Hofrichter

Feb 18, 2014, 5:54:04 PM2/18/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
PS:
I have no use for the OpenHAB synology package at the moment as the enocean binding is not that complete as I would need it (no support for actors...)... Anyway I love the way OpenHAB works and still have hope that enocean will work even better soon. I'll do my best to get the new OpenHAB version for synology though.

Liebe Grüße Dieter

Le 18.02.2014 à 23:12, "Thomas E.-E." <teic...@gmail.com> a écrit :

der.ti...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2014, 6:50:32 PM2/23/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dieter, Hi folks,

thanks a lot for your package! I felt free and updated the package to the current version 1.4.0. Well more or less the quick and dirty way.
The automatic download is not working anymore. I guess it's because of the redirection github does, when clicking the download link. (Actually the binaries are saved somewhere in amazons cloud)
Anyway, if you put the binaries in your Disk Stations public folder everything works fine. I'd be happy to provide the new package to anyone if Dieter is fine with it. @Dieter: Just let me know ;)

Also I'd like to share some drivers (cp210x.ko=ZStick, pl2303.ko=just in case) necessary to use the ZWave add on with your DS. They are for DSM 4.3 (Kernel 3.2.40) DS 214+ Armada XP (http://ge.tt/6pYM8qK1/v/0?c). Just put them in /lib/modules/ and follow these instructions http://www.openremote.org/display/docs/OpenRemote+2.0+How+To+-+Synology+with+Z-Wave to load them.

But you can skip the "group" part - it's not working. Putting the "openhab"-user into the admin group is working neither.

Maybe someone got a hint on how to run OpenHAB with the newly created openhab user AND have access to /dev/ttyUSB0 ?
If you start OpenHAB with root rights (manually from terminal) everything works fine, if you start it from package manager it starts up but can't see /dev/ttyUSB0. I don't want to run it with so many rights just for that.

der.ti...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2014, 6:53:21 PM2/23/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I just wrote a post about a 1.4.0 package version and some zstick drivers for the DS214+ I made and it got deleted? Why?

best regards,
Tim

Hans-Jörg Merk

Feb 24, 2014, 1:28:50 AM2/24/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim,
Your post is not deleted, i can see and read it.
Regards
Hans-Jörg

Thomas Eichstädt-Engelen

Feb 24, 2014, 3:03:11 AM2/24/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim,

Best,

Thomas E.-E.

Message has been deleted

marti...@hotmail.com

Feb 25, 2014, 4:51:42 AM2/25/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, der.ti...@gmail.com
Hi Tim

Is there somewhere I can download the v1.4.0 sinology package from please?

Many thanks

Martin

Dieter Hofrichter

Feb 25, 2014, 10:25:58 AM2/25/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
@Tim - PLEASE share your work! I would be happy to see that updated openhab package!

der.ti...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2014, 6:46:12 PM2/25/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I'm happy to share it, now that I know Dieters fine with the fact that I reuse his work. Thanks for that Dieter.
Just a small hint, so you don't get stuck with the "new" package.

Download version 1.4.0 of OpenHAB from their webpage openhab.org and drop it into the preliminary created shared folder named "public" on you NAS. The built in download capabilities do not work due an unhandled redirection of the download link.

After that, you're good to go. Install it and enjoy the current version of OpenHAB.

BTW. On the DS 214+ you can install the hard float version of java. It might speed up the software as a whole, but I didn't do any comparisons...

Cheers,
Tim
OpenHAB-1.4.0-syno-noarch-0.001.spk

Dieter Hofrichter

Feb 26, 2014, 7:40:00 AM2/26/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, der.ti...@gmail.com
Attached and on the synology package server https://www.hofrichter.at/sspks  is an installable package of OpenHAB 1.4.0 and of the OpenHAB demo setup for Synology NAS

@tim: thank you for your package! Download works again. The install script uses now
wget --no-check-certificate --output-document=${WGET_FILENAME} ${WGET_URL}.
to get the source files of OpenHAB

I have only tested it on DS213+ (DSM 5.0 beta) with java 7 from http://pcloadletter.co.uk/2011/08/23/java-package-for-synology/

In the Synology package manager you can
  • install
  • start
  • stop
  • uninstall

OpenHAB.

If the directory /volume1/public/OpenHAB/configurations exists, this directory will be used for all OpenHAB configuration files. This should make it easier to work with the OpenHAB designer installed on your PC.

If the directory /volume1/public/OpenHAB/addons exists, this directory will be used for all OpenHAB addons (bindings) files.

The UI is on port 8081, the console (via telnet) is on port 5555

After starting the package give your Synology Diskstation some time before you expect the UI to respond (one minute on a ds213+).

After the installation of OpenHAB and the demo files http://your.synology.URL:8081/openhab.app?sitemap=demo should show the UI with the demo configuration.

"Text to speech" is disabled from configurations/rules/demo.rules otherwise the demo files are unchanged.This change was necessary (at leased on a DS213+) else OpenHAB stops responding.

There is also some information about this in the OpenHAB wiki

Have fun!

OpenHAB-1.4.0-syno-noarch-0.002.spk
OpenHAB-demo-configurations-1.4.0-syno-noauth-0.001.spk

Michael Aschenborn

Feb 26, 2014, 4:21:17 PM2/26/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, der.ti...@gmail.com
Hi, thanks for your work.

I just installed both packages and it works with the demo-sitemap.
I changed nothing and copied configuration and addons-folder to /volume1/public/OpenHAB/*.*
Then I edited the demo.sitemap in the copyfolder.
After restarting openhab it seems that it still uses the old sitemap.

Wheres my fault?

Michael

Homesec24

Feb 26, 2014, 4:40:41 PM2/26/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
hi @All ... i have to thank you also for the nice working package!

@Michael: you did not create the folders /volume1/public/OpenHAB/configurations and /volume1/public/OpenHAB/addons before package install !

now your configuration files are in /var/packages/OpenHAB/target/configurations and addons /var/packages/OpenHAB/target/addons ... you get only access with scp and ssh.

i think if u delete and reinstall only the OpenHAB 1.4.0 package will maybe fix the problem ;-)

best regards
ralf

Michael Aschenborn

Mar 1, 2014, 2:45:56 PM3/1/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, in...@homesec24.de
Hi Ralf,

I tried it again:
- uninstalled both packages
- deleted the both openhab folder in /var/packages/
- deleted everything in /volume1/public/OpenHAB/configurations and /volume1/public/OpenHAB/addons
- reinstalled openhab package and started it
- reinstalled openhab demo package and restartet
- in /volume1/public/OpenHAB/configurations new folders appeared

but launching the web-app http://diskstation:8081/openhab.app?sitemap=demo schows an error:

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /openhab.app. Reason:

    Sitemap 'demo' could not be found

Caused by:

org.openhab.ui.webapp.render.RenderException: Sitemap 'demo' could not be found
	at org.openhab.ui.webapp.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet.service(WebAppServlet.java:114)
[...]

cspe...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2014, 7:35:17 PM3/3/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, der.ti...@gmail.com
i could not install the package on DS1511+

Dieter Hofrichter

Mar 4, 2014, 1:39:04 AM3/4/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, der.ti...@gmail.com
Dear cspenger,
Thank you for the feedback.

Which DSM version do you use? I only tested the OpenHAB 1.4 package with DSM 5.0 beta so far.

Best regards
Dieter

voi...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2014, 9:53:10 AM3/4/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, der.ti...@gmail.com
i have DSM 4.3-3827 and before it was running openhab 1.3 without problem
thanks

nwe...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2014, 6:33:13 AM3/5/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Does openhab work on the DS402+ ?
I would also like my cesptral voice to work.
Neil.

nwe...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2014, 8:53:59 PM3/7/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Well I buggered that up :)

My Synology is actually a DS412+ and the Voice TTS engine is Cepstral.

Anyway, I have added the OpenHAB to the community list in my DS412+.
When I go to do the downloading, it says downloading for a few seconds and then displays a small window.
"OpenHAB Demo Setup"
Please install "null" before installing this package"
And an OK button.
I currently have OpenRemote installed on the DS412+, which is another Java based Home Automation program and this runs fine, so this implies that Java is installed correctly.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,
Neil.

joe...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2014, 10:45:33 PM3/8/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, der.ti...@gmail.com
I authored the OpenRemote/ZWave instructions. The "group" part does work. When you create a service account for OpenHAB, you must put the user within the group USING THE SYNOLOGY USER INTERFACE. When you create the groups (dialup and uucp) within the Synology group management UI, and add the user openhab to these groups within the UI, it will work.

Regards,
Joe

der.ti...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2014, 5:43:09 PM3/9/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, joe...@gmail.com
Hello Joe,

it seems like the opposite is the case. The user and group created visibly in the users and groups Synology interface didn't work. After changing the user id in etc/passwd to a number below 1024 ( i tried 130 for the user and 800-801 for the groups) it started working. A nice side effect is, that there are no technical users/groups in the Synology User Management UI.
Maybe Synology changed something in their rights-management, but I can't tell, it's just my best guess. Regardless of that I reused the user created by the installation-script within the package. So if you want to dig for the reason, this might be a starting point.

Anyways, thank's a lot for the work and time you invested in the instructions you wrote, couldn't have done it without it.

cheers,
Tim

Dieter Hofrichter

Mar 11, 2014, 9:43:52 AM3/11/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, in...@homesec24.de
Dear Michael,

thank you for the bug report.
There is an update of the demo file package (attached and at the package server https://www.hofrichter.at/sspks/ ) that should fix this (the version 1.4.0-001 did not change the permission/owner of the demo files to rwx for the user openhab).
OpenHAB-demo-configurations-1.4.0-syno-noauth-0.002.spk

marc.p...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2014, 9:04:29 AM3/12/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, in...@homesec24.de
Verified working.
Thankyou so much Dieter.
I just took under an hour to go from zero to working openhab demo on a brand new Synology DS1813+ running the newly released DSM 5.0-4458 distro using your packages:
OpenHAB-1.4.0-syno-noarch-0.002.spk
OpenHAB-demo-configurations-1.4.0-syno-noauth-0.002.spk

Next, I'm going to hook up a new Insteon hub when it arrives...
BTW, what a pleasure this is compared to the custom make/configure for heyu for Mac OS X that I was previously having to do.
 - Marc Bailey

marc.p...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2014, 9:05:02 AM3/12/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, in...@homesec24.de

a99v...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2014, 2:56:44 PM3/12/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Hello

When I am trying to use the demo sitemap on my DS213 i get an error.

Can anyone give me a hint on what I have done wrong?

Error message:

HTTP ERROR 500
Problem accessing /openhab.app. Reason:
Sitemap 'demo' could not be found
Caused by:
org.openhab.ui.webapp.render.RenderException: Sitemap 'demo' could not be found
at org.openhab.ui.webapp.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet.service(WebAppServlet.java:134)

As far as i know I have installed the demo files into the correct folder(?)

BusyBox v1.16.1 (2014-01-20 02:29:16 CST) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.
DiskStation> cd  /volume1/@appstore/OpenHAB
DiskStation> dir
drwxr-xr-x    9 openhab  root          4096 Mar 11 23:28 .
drwxrwxrwx   21 root     root          4096 Mar 11 23:29 ..
-rw-rw-r--    1 openhab  root         35147 Aug 31  2013 LICENSE.TXT
-rw-rw-r--    1 openhab  root           626 Aug 31  2013 README.TXT
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            30 Mar 11 23:25 addons -> /volume1/public/OpenHAB/addons
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            38 Mar 11 23:25 configurations -> /volume1/public/OpenHAB/configurations
drwxrwxr-x    2 openhab  root          4096 Aug 31  2013 contexts
drwxrwxr-x    2 openhab  root          4096 Aug 31  2013 etc
drwxr-xr-x    2 openhab  users         4096 Mar 12 01:00 logs
drwxrwxrwx    6 openhab  root          4096 Mar 11 23:25 server
drwxrwxr-x    2 openhab  root          4096 Aug 31  2013 sounds
-rw-rw-r--    1 openhab  root           958 Aug 31  2013 start.bat
-rwxr-xr-x    1 openhab  root           880 Aug 31  2013 start.sh
-rw-rw-r--    1 openhab  root          1107 Aug 31  2013 start_debug.bat
-rwxr-xr-x    1 openhab  root          1043 Aug 31  2013 start_debug.sh
-rwxr-xr-x    1 openhab  65534         1132 Nov 17 15:09 start_debug_runtime.sh
-rwxr-xr-x    1 openhab  65534          930 Nov 17 16:19 start_runtime.sh
-rwxr-xr-x    1 openhab  65534           65 Nov 17 16:13 stop_runtime.sh
drwxrwxr-x    4 openhab  root          4096 Mar 11 23:26 webapps
drwxr-xr-x    3 openhab  users         4096 Mar 11 23:28 workspace
DiskStation> cd configurations
DiskStation> dir
drwxr-xr-x    7 openhab  root          4096 Mar 11 22:05 .
drwxr-xr-x    4 1049     users         4096 Mar 11 22:01 ..
drwxr-xr-x    2 1049     users         4096 Mar 11 23:29 items
drwxr-xr-x    2 1049     users         4096 Mar 11 22:05 persistence
drwxr-xr-x    2 1049     users         4096 Mar 11 23:29 rules
drwxr-xr-x    2 1049     users         4096 Mar 11 23:29 scripts
drwxr-xr-x    2 1049     users         4096 Mar 11 23:29 sitemaps
DiskStation> pwd
/volume1/@appstore/OpenHAB/configurations
DiskStation> cd sitemaps
DiskStation> dir
drwxr-xr-x    2 1049     users         4096 Mar 11 23:29 .
drwxr-xr-x    7 openhab  root          4096 Mar 11 22:05 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1897 Mar 11 23:29 demo.sitemap
DiskStation>

Best regards

Dieter Hofrichter

Mar 12, 2014, 6:10:49 PM3/12/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Dear a99vilpi,
How did you install the demo files?
If I read your log correctly the file demo.sitemap isn't  owned by the user "openhab" and does not have executable rights...

a99v...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2014, 3:06:00 AM3/13/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dieter

I logged in to DSM with my admin account and installed, Java 7, OpenHab and OpenHab demo from Package Center.
When I didn't get the demo to work i looked around with ssh to check the paths, maybe I changed the ownership then.

How do I change ownership and give OpenHab access rights?
Do I need to change any credentials for openHab in DSM?

Dieter Hofrichter

Mar 13, 2014, 11:11:50 AM3/13/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Dear Vilhelm,

several possibilities to resolve this:
  1. try OpenHAB-demo-configurations-1.4.0-syno-noauth-0.002.spk (..002.spk is a newer version that should fix exactly your issue) You should find this package if you add the package server https://www.hofrichter.at/sspks to your package servers or download the file from https://www.hofrichter.at/sspks/index.php?fulllist=true (uninstall the old openhab demo package before installing the new one ;-)
  2. change the owner and permissions of the configuration files via ssh:
    1. change owner: chown -R openhab:users /var/packages/OpenHAB/target/configurations/*
    2. change permission: chmod -R u+x /var/packages/OpenHAB/target/configurations/*

Vilhelm Pihlsgård

Mar 13, 2014, 4:48:16 PM3/13/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dieter

Thanks, but I cant get it to work.
I tried both with the demofiles and when that did not work I uninstalled and installed both OpenHab and the demo. Still dont work.

Then I gave ssh a try, which gave this result:
DiskStation> dir
drwxr-xr-x    4 1049     users         4096 Mar 11 21:01 .
drwxrwxrwx    6 root     root          4096 Mar 12 19:48 ..
drwxr-xr-x    3 openhab  users         4096 Mar 13 19:51 addons
drwxr-xr-x    7 openhab  users         4096 Mar 11 21:05 configurations
DiskStation> pwd
/volume1/public/OpenHAB
DiskStation>

Still no success.
Probably there is something obvious that I am missing.
I have updated to DSM 5, (no beta). reinstalled java etc.

gregor...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2014, 9:07:52 PM3/17/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, in...@homesec24.de, marc.p...@gmail.com
Did you have any problems installing it on your DS1813+.  I'm having an error issue pop-up from the package centre about the distribution-1.4.0-runtime.zip file not available? I'm using the same version of DSM

Marc Bailey

Mar 17, 2014, 10:04:31 PM3/17/14
to gregor...@gmail.com, ope...@googlegroups.com, in...@homesec24.de
Hi. I had no problem in this regard. I did however need to find the 1.4 addons package from the GitHub distribution source as this hasn’t been updated on the openhab downloads page (it still hosts 1.3).
I needed this for the insteonhub binding.
My current problem is proving this works - it doesn’t seem to - and then figuring out how to add a switch device with an X.10 address.

Vilhelm Pihlsgård

Mar 18, 2014, 4:46:27 AM3/18/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hello again

My problems are solved for now.
I think the solution was to deactivate and activate the openhab service from the "information center" and "services" tab and then I activated the demo configuration as well.

Best regards
Vilhelm

gregor...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2014, 6:39:04 PM4/3/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure if i'm the only one having issues installing the package, but i'm still getting an error.

Operation Failed.

Usage: wget [OPTION]... [URL]... Try 'wget --help for more options.  There was a problem
downloading distribution-1.4.0-runtime.zip from the offical download link, which was
"https://github.com/openhab/openhab/releases/download/v1.4.0/distribution-1.4.0-runtime.zip"
Alternatively, you may download this file manually and place it in the 'public' share folder.

I try and put it in the public folder and this message still pops up.

voi...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2014, 12:26:38 PM4/4/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, gregor...@gmail.com
i have the same issue; with ver. 1.3 it is working

anton.w...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2014, 7:00:25 AM4/30/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com

On April 18 (2014) I installed the OpenHAB package on my Synology NAS213 as described on the website https://github.com/openhab/openhab/wiki/Hardware-FAQ. All went well.

On April 27 I updated the Synology DSM to version DSM 5.0-4482. As expected Java (Java SE Embedded 7) needed to be reinstalled. I deleted both Java and OpenHAB packages to be sure. Then I reinstalled Java; that was simply done. But the site “https://www.hofrichter.at/sspks/” as package source was deleted and could be added again. I got a message that the location was invalid. I try to find the package myself and found “OpenHAB-1.4.0-syno-noarch-0.002.tar”. After changing the file extension to ‘spk’ I could install OpenHAB. OpenHAB works again, but not exactly as it does on my PC (Windows 8.1). There are minor errors, e.g. a lot of “WARN o.a.cprDefaultBroadcaster[:500] – This message Entry{ …”

I ‘m not very experienced with OpenHAB or NAS packages. Maybe I did something wrong. First I would like to know why the hofrichter-site is marked illegal? Knowing the cause may solve the other problems.

Op zondag 17 november 2013 18:42:20 UTC+1 schreef Dieter Hofrichter:
[...]

Anton Wedemeier

Apr 30, 2014, 9:17:05 AM4/30/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Dear Dieter,
Thank you for the very quick responce.
I know now why I could not get the file as a package.
I already did just the things you suggested. As I said, it works, but not exactly the same as on the pc. I 'm not in a hurry. I wait until you solve the DSM problem and try it again. If there are still differences between pc snd nas I will tell you.
Anton Wedemeier

Op 30 apr. 2014 14:58 schreef "Dieter Hofrichter" <die...@hofrichter.at>:
Dear Anton,

thank you for the bug report.
The "Synology package server" software at hofrichter.at does not support DSM 5.0-4482 at the moment. I'l try to find a solution for that.
You can download the file(s) via https://www.hofrichter.at/sspks/index.php?fulllist=true too or download the file that is attached in one of my last posts here ;-)

Have fun!

weiyo...@gmail.com

May 4, 2014, 8:08:17 AM5/4/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, gregor...@gmail.com
I have the same problem

在 2014年4月4日星期五UTC+8上午6时39分04秒,gregor...@gmail.com写道:

allen...@gmail.com

May 19, 2014, 5:32:41 AM5/19/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, weiyo...@gmail.com
Hi All.

I am new to OpenHAB and have been trying for many days to get it running on my Synology DS412+ This is an Intel based machine.

After a few false starts and a lot of reading of the various forums I now have updated to DSM4.3 -3827, installed Patters JavaSE Embedded 6 package, the SynoZwave drivers 4.3 package, and the V1.4.0-002 OpenHAB runtime. I also have the OpenHAB designer running and the config files on the recommended volume1/public/OpenHAB path. I believe I need to use the V6 Java instead of V7 because I have an Intel CPU?

I have had the demo successfully running.

An online contact in New Zealand sent me a bare minimum set of config files to enable me to switch a single Zwave switch. While the config appears to run and I can access the sitemap I cannot get the switch to operate. I think my issue is with getting the Aeon ZStick V2 to work on the Synology.

I have paired the Z Stick and the one switch.

When I type dmsg from a shell I get (at the end). From what I have read this looks OK?

[ 1041.458861] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial
[ 1041.465111] USB Serial support registered for generic
[ 1041.471900] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial_generic
[ 1041.478511] usbserial: USB Serial Driver core
[ 1041.485136] USB Serial support registered for pl2303
[ 1041.490530] usbcore: registered new interface driver pl2303
[ 1041.496140] pl2303: Prolific PL2303 USB to serial adaptor driver
[ 1041.505397] USB Serial support registered for FTDI USB Serial Device
[ 1041.512254] usbcore: registered new interface driver ftdi_sio
[ 1041.518083] ftdi_sio: v1.6.0:USB FTDI Serial Converters Driver
[ 1041.526181] USB Serial support registered for cp210x
[ 1041.531417] cp210x 7-2:1.0: cp210x converter detected
[ 1041.659249] usb 7-2: reset full-speed USB device number 2 using uhci_hcd
[ 1041.823062] usb 7-2: cp210x converter now attached to ttyUSB0
[ 1041.829313] usbcore: registered new interface driver cp210x
[ 1041.834911] cp210x: v0.09:Silicon Labs CP210x RS232 serial adaptor driver

I'm not sure where to find the OpenHAB logfile or how to copy it out to windows. I can view it from the package manager but can't copy text from it.

The barebones config is...

The zwave.items is

Group                    ZWave
Group:Switch:OR(ON, OFF) ZWaveNodeDead  "Dead Nodes [(%d)]"            <network>      (ZWave)

/* ZWave devices */
Switch    ZWave_Switch                  "Switch"                       <light>        (ZWave)           { zwave="2" }

/* Controller stick statistics */
Group     ZWaveStats                                                                  (ZWave)
Number    ZWaveStats_SOF                "Start Of Frames [%d]"         <chart>        (ZWaveStats)      { zwave="1:command=INFO,item=SOF" }
Number    ZWaveStats_CAN                "Cancelled Frames [%d]"        <chart>        (ZWaveStats)      { zwave="1:command=INFO,item=CAN" }
Number    ZWaveStats_NAK                "Not Acknowledged Frames [%d]" <chart>        (ZWaveStats)      { zwave="1:command=INFO,item=NAK" }
Number    ZWaveStats_OOF                "Out Of Order Frames [%d]"     <chart>        (ZWaveStats)      { zwave="1:command=INFO,item=OOF" }
Number    ZWaveStats_ACK                "Acknowledged Frames [%d]"     <chart>        (ZWaveStats)      { zwave="1:command=INFO,item=ACK" }
Number    ZWaveStats_TimeOut            "Timed Out Packets [%d]"       <chart>        (ZWaveStats)      { zwave="1:command=INFO,item=TIME_OUT" }

/* Controller information */
Group     ZWaveNode1                                                                  (ZWave)
Switch    ZWaveNode1Dead                "Dead"                         <network>      (ZWaveNode1,ZWaveNodeDead)  { zwave="1:command=INFO,item=DEAD" }

/* Node information */
Group     ZWaveNode2                                                                  (ZWave)
Switch    ZWaveNode2Dead                "Dead"                         <network>      (ZWaveNode2,ZWaveNodeDead)  { zwave="2:command=INFO,item=DEAD" }

The sitemap is

sitemap home label="Home"
{
Frame label="Lights" {
Switch item=ZWave_Switch
}
}

The openhab.cfg is

#######################################################################################
#####                        General configurations                               #####
#######################################################################################

# Configuration folders (must exist as a subdirectory of "configurations"; the value
# tells the number of seconds for the next scan of the directory for changes. A
# value of -1 deactivates the scan).
# A comma separated list can follow after the refresh value. This list defines a filter
# for valid file extensions for the models.
folder:items=10,items
folder:sitemaps=10,sitemap
folder:rules=10,rules
folder:scripts=10,script
folder:persistence=10,persist

# configures the security options. The following values are valid:
# ON = security is switched on generally
# OFF = security is switched off generally
# EXTERNAL = security is switched on for external requests
#            (e.g. originating from the Internet) only
# (optional, defaults to 'OFF')
security:option=EXTERNAL

# the Netmask to define a range of internal IP-Addresses which doesn't require
# authorization (optional, defaults to '192.168.1.0/24')
#security:netmask=

# The name of the default persistence service to use
persistence:default=rrd4j

# The refresh interval for the main configuration file. A value of '-1'
# deactivates the scan (optional, defaults to '-1' hence scanning is deactivated)
#mainconfig:refresh=

#######################################################################################
#####                      Persistence configurations                             #####
#######################################################################################

######################### Logging Persistence Service #################################

# the logback encoder pattern to use to write log entries
# the item name is available as the "logger" name, the state as the "msg"
logging:pattern=%date{ISO8601} - %-25logger: %msg%n

#######################################################################################
#####                        Binding configurations                               #####
#######################################################################################

############################### Zwave Binding #########################################

# The Z-Wave controller port. Valid values are e.g. COM1 for Windows and /dev/ttyS0 or
# /dev/ttyUSB0 for Linux
zwave:port=/dev/ttyUSB0

In the addins I only have the sonos and Zwave jar files

I'm sure I'm close. Can anyone point out what I am missing or if there is a simple mistake in the config?

Thanks and Regards Allen.

nwe...@gmail.com

May 19, 2014, 5:50:40 AM5/19/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, weiyo...@gmail.com, allen...@gmail.com
Hi Allen,

I also have a DS412+ that I hope to get OH running on. Currently I'm using windows.
Are you sure that the Zwave device is address 2?
I use a program called Zensys tools to tell me what the address of the light / switch is, then I plug that into OH.
I'm just begining with using OH but like it compared to the older MH system I have been running for many years. Hope to move it all over to the Synology box so was tickled pink to see your post.

Kind regards,
Neil.
Newcastle Australia.

allen...@gmail.com

May 19, 2014, 6:46:47 AM5/19/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, weiyo...@gmail.com, allen...@gmail.com
I have logged the zwave logging to a separate file on \volume1\public\logs and after starting OpenHAB I got

2014-05-19 22:29:20.069 DEBUG o.o.b.z.i.ZWaveActivator[:36]- Z-Wave binding has been started.

2014-05-19 22:29:20.097 INFO  o.o.b.z.i.ZWaveActiveBinding[:198]- Update config, port = /dev/ttyUSB0

2014-05-19 22:29:20.100 DEBUG o.o.b.z.i.ZWaveActiveBinding[:84]- Zwave Network isn't ready yet!

2014-05-19 22:29:20.150 INFO  o.o.b.z.i.p.ZWaveController[:109]- Starting Z-Wave controller

2014-05-19 22:29:20.151 INFO  o.o.b.z.i.p.ZWaveController[:765]- Connecting to serial port /dev/ttyUSB0

2014-05-19 22:29:20.293 ERROR o.o.b.z.i.p.ZWaveController[:780]- Port /dev/ttyUSB0 does not exist

dmsg says cp210x converter now attached to ttyUSB0 but OpenHAB says /dev/ttyUSB0 doesn't exist. Any ideas please?

Thanks and Regards Allen.

allen...@gmail.com

May 19, 2014, 6:53:50 AM5/19/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, weiyo...@gmail.com, allen...@gmail.com

.....dmsg says cp210x converter now attached to ttyUSB0 but OpenHAB says /dev/ttyUSB0 doesn't exist. Any ideas please?

Do I need to change permissions somewhere for the ttyUSB0 ? I'm not very familiar with Linux so any step by step advice would be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards Allen.

arbeit...@gmail.com

May 22, 2014, 4:09:47 PM5/22/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, gregor...@gmail.com

Christian Häussler

May 22, 2014, 4:17:47 PM5/22/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, gregor...@gmail.com, voi...@gmail.com
I have the same problem, ver. 1.3 works!

allen...@gmail.com

May 23, 2014, 1:35:38 PM5/23/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, weiyo...@gmail.com, allen...@gmail.com

I have been able to successfully install and run SynoZwave. With this I can turn my first z-wave switch on & off and measure the power so it looks like the SynoZwave drivers are installed and working but OpenHAB still can't see the port.

I tried a suggestion from the OpenRemote forums

_________________________
Permission openremote (openhab) to the USB port device.
a) add a new group using the standard add group admin screen in synology (ie. section 3 of http://www.synology.com/support/tutorials_show.php?q_id=451). Add a group called: dialout
b) add the openhab user to the newly created dialout group
d) Ensure new group can access write to /dev/ttyUSB0 device (ie. chown -R root.dialout /dev/ttyUSB0).
____________________________

This didn't help

I also tried the following...
____________________________
The SynoZwave install will create the following files on the Synology:
/lib/modules/usbserial.ko
/lib/modules/pl2303.ko
/lib/modules/ftdi_sio.ko
/lib/modules/cp210x.ko
/usr/syno/etc.defaults/rc.d/S99Modules.sh

Must modify the load order of the drivers by modifying the 4 line in the /usr/syno/etc.defaults/rc.d/S99Modules.sh file to:

MODULES="usbserial.ko ftdi_sio.ko pl2303.ko cp210x.ko"

(usbserial.ko driver must load first)
__________________________

I don't appear to have an S99Modules.sh file in theindicated directory so I couldn't try this.

As SynoZwave can uuse the Z Stick and OpenHAB cannot, I still think it is a permissions thing.

Can someone please tell me how to grant OpenHAB permissions to use ttyUSB0? Anyone????

Regards Allen.

allen...@gmail.com

May 23, 2014, 1:40:17 PM5/23/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, weiyo...@gmail.com, allen...@gmail.com
Yes, It is address 2.

I have got the Z-Stick working on the DS412 with another package called SynoZwave. The Z-Stick Drivers are V4.3 tht come with the SynoZwave package. Still trying to get OpenHAB to see the port ttyUSB0.

What do you know about Linux and permissions?

Regards Allen.

allen...@gmail.com

May 24, 2014, 1:30:50 AM5/24/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, weiyo...@gmail.com, allen...@gmail.com
Hi.

After a bit more research I have also now tried the following without fixing the problem

As well as chown -R root.dialout /dev/ttyUSB0

I also did chmod 777 /dev/ttyUSB0

ls -l /dev/ttyUSB0 gives
crwxrwxrwx    1 root     dialout   188,   0 May 24 04:36 /dev/ttyUSB0

so permissions should no longer be an issue.

Openhab Z Wave log still says "Port /dev/ttyUSB0 does not exist"

It doesn't say permission denied, it says doesn't exist.
Again, another app SynoZwave can access the port OK when I run it but not OpenHAB.

Is there anyone out there who can help please?
Dieter Hofrichter are you watching this thread? Can you give any assistance please?

Regards Allen.

Dieter Hofrichter

May 24, 2014, 3:20:26 AM5/24/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, weiyo...@gmail.com, allen...@gmail.com
Dear Allen,

I' watching but I have no glue nor do I own any zwave equipment - sorry!

Best regards
Dieter

allen...@gmail.com

May 24, 2014, 3:44:39 AM5/24/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, weiyo...@gmail.com, allen...@gmail.com
Thanks Dieter.

I don't think the problem is specifically a Z-Wave issue.

The OpenHAB package doesn't seem to be able to access /dev/ttyUSB0 it says the port doesn't exist even after granting permissions to /dev/ttyUSB0Is
I think the issue is how to get the OpenHAB package to see /dev/ttyUSB0.

the device port is able to be used by another package (SynoZwave), just not OpenHAB.

Is it worth trying a newer version of OpenHAB? Have you packaged a newer version than V1.4.0-002? or Do I need to manually copy it over the 1.4 install?

My Synology is an Intel Atom based DS412+ with DSM 4.3 -3827  I have got Java SE V6 installed as I believe that is the highest version I can use with the Intel processor.

Regards Allen.

Chris Jackson

May 24, 2014, 6:22:08 AM5/24/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com

> It doesn't say permission denied, it says doesn't exist.

Just for reference, there are 3 possible errors that the binding can provide -:
- does not exist
- in use
- unsupported operation

Chris

Chris Jackson

May 24, 2014, 6:23:23 AM5/24/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com

> Is it worth trying a newer version of OpenHAB? Have you packaged a newer version than V1.4.0-002? or Do I need to manually copy it over the 1.4 install?
My guess is it won’t help, but of course it’s worth a try. The serial library hasn’t changed (probably ever, but certainly since 1.4).

Chris

kolb....@gmail.com

May 28, 2014, 6:08:04 PM5/28/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, weiyo...@gmail.com, allen...@gmail.com
Hi, I had the same Issue.
I changed the start_runtime.sh as in red :
echo Launching the openHAB runtime...
PROGRAM="java -Dosgi.clean=true  -DlibNRJavaSerial.userlib=/lib/libNRJavaSerialv5.so -Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=/dev/ttyUSB0 -Declipse.ignoreApp=true -Dosgi.noShutdown=true -Djetty.port=${HTTP_PORT} -Djetty.port.ssl=${HTTPS_PORT} -Djetty.home=. -Dlogback.configurationFile=configurations/logback.xml -Dfelix.fileinstall.dir=addons -Djava.library.path=lib -Djava.security.auth.login.config=./etc/login.conf -Dorg.quartz.properties=./etc/quartz.properties -Djava.awt.headless=true -jar $cp $* -console ${TELNET_PORT}"
$PROGRAM > logs/openhab.stdout &

I hope it helps
Pierre

Allen Goodhue

May 29, 2014, 4:39:01 AM5/29/14
to kolb....@gmail.com, ope...@googlegroups.com

Thankyou for the suggestion.

Where do I find the start_runtime.sh file? I am assuming it is in the linux folder structure somewhere and not in the volume1\public\OpenHAB folder structure with my configuration files.

Regards Allen

allen...@gmail.com

May 29, 2014, 5:16:23 AM5/29/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, weiyo...@gmail.com, allen...@gmail.com
Hi Pierre

I have found the OpenHAB start_runtime.sh file and made the additions that you suggested. It still doesn't find dev/ttyUSB0.

I'll change the path for the logfiles to volume1/public/logs so I can get at them. I'll post what I find.

I have an Intel Based DS412+ and have Java V6 installed. I also have the SynoZwave 4.3 drivers package installed. I cannot find the file libNRJavaSerialv5.so in /lib.

What model on Synology are you using, and what version of OpenHAB and Java? Did you install anything else to get the Z-Wave working?

Regards Allen.

allen...@gmail.com

May 29, 2014, 5:45:12 AM5/29/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, weiyo...@gmail.com, allen...@gmail.com
Hi again Pierre.

I suspect that your Synology is one with an ARM processor. The references I have found for libNRJavaSerialv5.so all seem to refer to ARM processors. Mine is a dual core Intel Atom. I believe there are differences in the supported Java versions etc.

What model is your Synology?

Regards Allen.

Pierre Kolb

May 29, 2014, 8:09:24 AM5/29/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, ope...@googlegroups.com, weiyo...@gmail.com, allen...@gmail.com
Yes you're right. Mine is a 213 with an arm processor.
I did nothing else to have it work.

der.ti...@gmail.com

May 29, 2014, 9:28:15 AM5/29/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, weiyo...@gmail.com, allen...@gmail.com
Hello Allen, could you trace it down to the Java lib already or could it still be a permission issue?
Have you tried to run it as root starting the start_runtime.sh directly from ssh-terminal?
just hit ./start_runtime.sh to start it

To stop it, you can look up the process id with the command ps | grep "java" and then kill 999999 <- ID you looked up

Doing so would run openhab with root rights, eliminating all issues that'd arise from a lack of permission.

regards,
Tim

Allen Goodhue

May 30, 2014, 3:57:15 AM5/30/14
to der.ti...@gmail.com, ope...@googlegroups.com, weiyo...@gmail.com, allen...@gmail.com

Hi Tim.

I restored the original start_runtime.sh and ran it from a putty ssh session. It ran and the Z-wave works. I was able to switch a device on and off. I believe it is now using the native RXTX and not the java one as Pierre required for his ARM model?

When I tried the ps |grep “java” I got a list of many items with different IDs so I didn’t know which one(s) to kill.

Instead I exited the ssh session and restarted the NAS. When I tried to run OpenHAB from the package centre it starts and after a few seconds it stops again. I have had to uninstall and reinstall it.

Now it doesn’t seem to be logging to the location I have set in volume1\public\OpenHAB\configurations\logback.xml Not sure why.

I certainly looks like running OpenHAB as root got the Zwave working. I have previously tried changing the group owner of \dev\ttyUSB0 and adding OpenHAB to that group and also tried changing permissions for \dev\ttyUSB0 to 777 but it didn’t help.

Obviously it is not a good idea to manually run OpenHAB as root. Do you have any idea what I need to do to give OpenHAB permissions to \dev\ttyUSB0 and the serial driver (probably the native rx/tx driver)?

Regards Allen.

May 30, 2014, 4:21:47 AM5/30/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, der.ti...@gmail.com, weiyo...@gmail.com, allen...@gmail.com, allen....@gmail.com
I don't know if it helps but when I run OpenHAB from ssh,  some time after the message "Launching the OpenHAB runtime ..." I get a message" RXTX Warning:  Removing stale lock file. /var/lock/LCK..ttyUSB0"

Is it possible that the OpenHAB user cannot apply or remove this lock while root can? Is this part of my permissions problem with the OpenHAB user?

Regards Allen.

allen...@gmail.com

May 30, 2014, 4:36:59 AM5/30/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, weiyo...@gmail.com, allen...@gmail.com, der.ti...@gmail.com
Hi Tim.

I see you made a comment in an older post about getting permissions to work for /dev/ttyUSB0. You said "After changing the user id in etc/passwd to a number below 1024 ( i tried 130 for the user and 800-801 for the groups) it started working. A nice side effect is, that there are no technical users/groups in the Synology User Management UI."

Did you ever find a reason for this? How do I try this?

Regards Allen.

der.ti...@gmail.com

May 30, 2014, 6:26:12 AM5/30/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, weiyo...@gmail.com, allen...@gmail.com, der.ti...@gmail.com
Hi Allen

that's good news! This mean we'll get this thing up and running. I ran exactly in the same troubles you're going through.
Unfortunately (I forgot about that) running openhab with the root user changes things I could not track down which just let you start openhab as root from that time on. But we've got a solution for that as well:
Just reinstall the openhab package. Not ideal, I know, but the quickest way to get along. Your configuration files are safe in your public folder, so everything will be fine after that.
Mostly I followed the instructions from OpenRemote -> OpenRemote 2.0 How To - Synology with Z-Wave
Important things are:
- you need an user called openhab which you might already have created (manually or using the installer of openhab, I currently can't remember)
- you need these groups dialout and uucp which can be created using synologys default user & group management app
- make user openhab member of both of these newly created groups
- give group uucp rights on /var/lock by changing ownership with chown -R root.uucp /var/lock hint: better put that in a startup script like the S99modules.sh, because the DiskStation forgets about that on a restart
- the same thing is necessary for /dev/ttyUSB0 but with the group dialout using chown -R root.dialout /dev/ttyUSB0
- as I don't have my disk station around till monday I can provide you a working S99modules.sh script not earlier than then.
- the one I found on my hard drive is rather incomplete but might give you an idea (see the file attached)

Optionally you might need to change the openhab users id in /etc/passwd to an id lower than 1024 as permission problems persisted till I made it a "system" account. Another plus is that the user doesn't show up in the users list, which I liked as it is a system user and not a natural one. Check back /etc/groups as well, as the openhab user might(!) be linked to the groups by id as well.
The downside on changing the id is you have to change ownership (chown -R :openhab *) again for the whole package installation in /var/packages/openhab/target/ (I'm not sure about the path right now, but you'll get the idea I guess) also you have to chown /dev/ttyUSB0 and /var/lock again.

To answer your questions directly: Yep, you're right about the /var/lock assumption ;)

That's all I needed to do as far as I can remember.

One last thing:
After doing that I rendered the start stop function useless as the tasks process id should be saved to the openhab users homedir, but chaining the users id made it technically a new user with no access rights to the homedir. Even more I think it's a little bit over the top to maintain a whole homedir just to save the process id. There's a default folder for that, but I was too lazy to fix it as openhab is intended to run 24/7 anyways ;)

I you have troubles, just let us know

good luck
Tim
S99Modules.sh

Allen Goodhue

May 30, 2014, 7:05:48 AM5/30/14
to der.ti...@gmail.com, ope...@googlegroups.com, weiyo...@gmail.com, allen...@gmail.com

Awesome Tim. I’ll try it tomorrow. It’s getting late now.

What is the harm in leaving the user ID unchanged and always running OpenHAB as root? What syntax would I need and where/what are the best files to run the start_runtime.sh and stop_runtime.sh when the NAS boots and shuts down?

I have previously created the groups dialout and uucp and added OpenHAB user to the groups. I changed the ownership but at the time it didn’t help. Also found as you have said the ownership change didn’t survive a reboot.

I haven’t tried changing the OpenHAB user ID.

What do you mean by the last paragraph “After doing that I rendered the start stop function useless…..”?

Do you mean that changing the user ID broke the ability to start and stop OpenHAB with the Package manager? How do you start and stop OpenHAB when the Synology boots and shutsdown?

I’m afraid I’m not very familiar with Linux.

I’ll let you know how I get on.

Many thanks,

Allen.

May 30, 2014, 8:40:42 AM5/30/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, der.ti...@gmail.com, weiyo...@gmail.com, allen...@gmail.com, allen....@gmail.com
Hi Allan,

there's no harm in leaving the user id unchanged, it just didn't work for me leaving it unchanged. But I have to admit I changed so many things that it could have been more like superstition than science that you have to change the id.
I believe (too lazy to verify, because it worked that way) that user ids lower than 1024 are granted more rights than regular users, at least when it comes to device access stuff.
Anyways. Running processes with root rights by default opens your device for potential security threats. It's like leaving your key in your car door all the time. The first one who knows how to turn that key owns your car ;)
So it might be necessary sometimes to run tasks as root, but it's definitely not desirable. Especially when you make it reachable via web.

With my last paragraph I meant, that you're not able to stop openhab using the package manager anymore, but you're always able to launch it.
When launching openhab, a file containing the process id will be created. The "new" openhab user has no access to the homedir, but the startup script assumes it has access. So file creation of openhab.pid (pid = process id) fails.
When trying to stop openhab the script tries to use kill [id from file] but the file doesn't exist, so kill will fail.

I'll provide you with more detail, if necessary, when I have access to my DS again.

regards,
Tim

Allen Goodhue

May 30, 2014, 6:17:05 PM5/30/14
to der.ti...@gmail.com, ope...@googlegroups.com, weiyo...@gmail.com

Hi.

I made the chmod additions to the s99modules.sh and also changed the openhab user ID to 130 and dialout and uucp group IDs to 800 & 801.

After rebooting I can no longer log in with ssh or telnet using putty.

After entering the admin password (as usual) I get a message “:No such file or directory” then the session closes.

I am still able to log in to the NAS DSM page with my admin password. and the normal NAS functions seem to be working still.

The only entries I changed in the passwd and group files were openhab, dialout and uucp.

I see at the top of the group file there is a reference to 65537 which was the ID for the uucp group. Have I broken something by changing the uucp group ID?

How can I put the original files back if I can’t get a session established?

passwd

------------------------------------

root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/ash

lp:x:4:7:lp:/var/spool/lpd:/sbin/nologin

ftp:x:21:21:Anonymous FTP User:/nonexist:/sbin/nologin

anonymous:x:21:21:Anonymous FTP User:/nonexist:/sbin/nologin

smmsp:x:25:25:Sendmail Submission User:/var/spool/clientmqueue:/sbin/nologin

postfix:x:125:125:Postfix User:/nonexist:/sbin/nologin

dovecot:x:143:143:Dovecot User:/nonexist:/sbin/nologin

spamfilter:x:783:1023:Spamassassin User:/var/spool/postfix:/sbin/nologin

nobody:x:1023:1023:nobody:/home:/sbin/nologin

admin:x:1024:100:System default user:/var/services/homes/admin:/bin/sh

guest:x:1025:100:Guest:/var/services/homes/guest:/bin/sh

Webuser:x:1028:100::/var/services/homes/Webuser:/sbin/nologin

NASadmin:x:1029:100::/var/services/homes/NASadmin:/sbin/nologin

Surveillance:x:1030:100:Surveillance only:/var/services/homes/Surveillance:/sbin/nologin

openremote:x:1042:100:OpenRemote daemon user:/var/services/homes/openremote:/bin/csh

openhab:x:130:100:OpenHAB daemon user:/var/services/homes/openhab:/bin/csh

updated group file

----------------------------

#$_@GID__INDEX@_$65537$

root:x:0:

lp:x:7:lp

ftp:x:21:ftp

smmsp:x:25:admin,smmsp

users:x:100:

administrators:x:101:NASadmin,admin

postfix:x:125:postfix

maildrop:x:126:

dovecot:x:143:dovecot

nobody:x:1023:

dialout:x:800:openhab,NASadmin,admin

uucp:x:801:openhab,NASadmin,admin

original group file

-------------------

#$_@GID__INDEX@_$65537$

root:x:0:

lp:x:7:lp

ftp:x:21:ftp

smmsp:x:25:admin,smmsp

users:x:100:

administrators:x:101:NASadmin,admin

postfix:x:125:postfix

maildrop:x:126:

dovecot:x:143:dovecot

nobody:x:1023:

dialout:x:65536:openhab,NASadmin,admin

uucp:x:65537:openhab,NASadmin,admin

Any ideas?

Regards Allen.

Allen Goodhue

May 30, 2014, 11:15:02 PM5/30/14
to der.ti...@gmail.com, ope...@googlegroups.com, weiyo...@gmail.com

I found a package online called config file editer. Here http://www.mertymade.com/syno/#all

After adding the file locations for the passwd and group files I was able to edit them and restore them to their original state. I can now login to via ssh with root again. Phew!

I’m not sure what I did wrong in changing the IDs. I suspect it has to do with the “#$_@GID__INDEX@_$65537$” in the group file. The original group file had 65537 as the uucp ID

Original group file

--------------------------------

#$_@GID__INDEX@_$65537$

root:x:0:

lp:x:7:lp

ftp:x:21:ftp

smmsp:x:25:admin,smmsp

users:x:100:

administrators:x:101:NASadmin,admin

postfix:x:125:postfix

maildrop:x:126:

dovecot:x:143:dovecot

nobody:x:1023:

dialout:x:65536:openhab,NASadmin,admin

uucp:x:65537:openhab,NASadmin,admin

Where to from here?

I’ll try changing only the openhab user and see what happens.

Allen Goodhue

May 31, 2014, 1:15:54 AM5/31/14
to der.ti...@gmail.com, ope...@googlegroups.com, weiyo...@gmail.com

Hi again Tim,

I’ve tried again to change the openhab user ID on it’s own and also the group IDs again. I previously had an admin level account as a member of the two groups as well as openhab. After doing this and rebooting I can still get root access via ssh

I still can’t get it to work.

I notice that the ownership changes I am making to /dev/ttyUSB0 and /var/lock in the S99Modules aren’t working. I have tried it from the shell but openHAB is still not seeing the USB.

I have edited /usr/syno/etc/rc.d/S99Modules.sh Is this the correct location? I believe user scripts are supposed to be in /usr/local/etc/rc.d but there are no script files in here. Should I create one?

When you get back to your NAS I would appreciate the S99Modules.sh you are using and the location.

Another thing I’m not sure if I’ve got right is changing ownership of the openhab package after I have changed the user ID.

Your previously said “The downside on changing the id is you have to change ownership (chown -R :openhab *) again for the whole package installation in /var/packages/openhab/target/….

The path is /var/packages/OpenHAB/target. Your example “chown –R :openhab *” is trying to change the group. I assume you meant “chown –R openhab *”?

I have changed directory and executed this from /var/packages/OpenHAB/target. Should I be running it from the OpenHAB level rather than target?

Anyway, after doing all this OpenHAB still starts and stops from the package manager but still can’t operate a zwave device and doesn’t produce any logs to my volume1/public/logs folder so I’m still missing something or doing something wrong.

Sorry to be a pain but this should work.

I’m wondering if Dieter Hofrichter who created the Synology package can make modifications to the package installer so that these sorts of tweeks are not required.

This is very frustrating as I seem to be very close.

Regards Allen.

Allen Goodhue

May 31, 2014, 5:53:22 PM5/31/14
to der.ti...@gmail.com, ope...@googlegroups.com, weiyo...@gmail.com

Rather than clogging up this thread and more, I’ll take the conversation with Tim offline if that’s OK Tim?

I can post the solution when we get there.

der.ti...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2014, 4:54:34 AM6/1/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, der.ti...@gmail.com, weiyo...@gmail.com, allen....@gmail.com
As you have noticed, I'm quite busy and not so responsive that weekend, but I'm totally fine to solve your problem offline with you ;)

christoph....@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2014, 11:02:19 AM6/9/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, der.ti...@gmail.com, weiyo...@gmail.com, allen....@gmail.com
Dear Tim,
Know you are very busy but would you mind to have a short look at my post
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/openhab/Qos6tEjayIo

cannot get the chart to work .. displays even in the demo only the axis but no graph....

Java 7 - I get an error when I want to install OpenHab so I installed Java 8 ... maybe that is the issue?

have just no clue what else to try ... thanks a lot

KR
Christoph

Dieter Hofrichter

Jun 19, 2014, 7:48:23 AM6/19/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Attached and on the synology package server https://www.hofrichter.at/sspks  is an installable package of OpenHAB 1.5.0 and of the OpenHAB demo setup for Synology NAS

I would be happy if the openhab project would host those .spk files.
Updating the .spk files is easy:
1. the .spk files are tar gz files.
2. extract those files from the .spk
3. update the file INFO (version and changelog)
4. update the file scripts/installer.sh ( change DOWNLOAD_FILE to e.g. distribution-1.5.0-runtime.zip and change DOWNLOAD_PATH to e.g. https://github.com/openhab/openhab/releases/download/v1.5.0)
5. package all again e.g. by tar -cvf OpenHAB-demo-configurations-1.5.0-syno-noauth-0.001.spk INFO PACKAGE_ICON.PNG scripts package.tgz

have fun!
OpenHAB-1.5.0-syno-noarch-0.001.spk
OpenHAB-demo-configurations-1.5.0-syno-noauth-0.001.spk

Kai Kreuzer

Jun 22, 2014, 4:10:37 PM6/22/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Would you be able to create a pull request, so that the Maven build automatically creates such packages?
We could then easily make them available besides the other artefacts.

Best regards,
Kai

<OpenHAB-1.5.0-syno-noarch-0.001.spk><OpenHAB-demo-configurations-1.5.0-syno-noauth-0.001.spk>

christoph....@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2014, 6:17:18 AM6/30/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dieter,

Thanks a lot to make openhab available for synology users :)

Unfortunately still after upgrading to 1,5 I do not get the charts working. - correct axis values but no graph...

Would appriciate a hint what I could do to fix it...

Thanks a lot
Christoph

Vilhelm Pihlsgård

Jul 4, 2014, 5:52:43 AM7/4/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hello gentlemen

How are you setting up your z-wave units?
I am trying with habmin but I cant get it to work. (It says offline all the time)

Best regards
Vilhelm

m.cz...@googlemail.com

Jul 11, 2014, 10:20:11 AM7/11/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Hi Dieter,

thanks for your excellent work on making a Synology package.

During the basic installation on a DS212+ I discovered some issues:
- I got an installation error saying that "There was a problem downloading distribution-1.5.0-runtime.zip from the official download link which was https://github.com/openhab/openhab/releases/download/v1.5.0/distribution-1.5.0-runtime.zip Alternatively, you may download this file manually and place it in the 'public' shared folder."
- I checked the link and it worked fine, so I put it to the public folder as you propose. But after running the install routine again the same error occured, so I looked up you install code. May it be that you forgot to setup the public folder variable?PUBLIC_FOLDER Here the lines from installer.sh, PUBLIC_FOLDER is not set in the header.
#  cd ${TEMP_FOLDER}
#  for WGET_URL in ${INSTALL_FILES}
#  do
#    WGET_FILENAME="`echo ${WGET_URL} | sed -r "s%^.*/(.*)%\1%"`"
#    [ -f ${TEMP_FOLDER}/${WGET_FILENAME} ] && rm ${TEMP_FOLDER}/${WGET_FILENAME}
#    wget --no-check-certificate --output-document=${WGET_FILENAME} ${WGET_URL}
#    if [[ $? != 0 ]]; then
#      if [ -d ${PUBLIC_FOLDER} ] && [ -f ${PUBLIC_FOLDER}/${DOWNLOAD_FILE} ]; then
#        cp ${PUBLIC_FOLDER}/${DOWNLOAD_FILE} ${TEMP_FOLDER}
#      else
#        echo "There was a problem downloading ${WGET_FILENAME} from the official download link, "
#        echo "which was \"${WGET_URL}\" "
#        echo "Alternatively, you may download this file manually and place it in the 'public' shared folder. "
#        exit 1
#      fi
#    fi
#

Another maybe usefull extension for your install script could be to also link the target/logs folder to openhab users ~/logs directory,because it gets quite hugh over time. This way it would also be available on the networkshare.

But again: GREAT WORK! :)

Cheers
Mark

Alex Einz

Aug 1, 2014, 8:59:36 PM8/1/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, m.cz...@googlemail.com
Hi,
I was wondering if there is a way to force it to start on port 8080
I have edited the start_runtime.sh but it doesnt seem to change the port when restarting the service

Michael Aschenborn

Aug 6, 2014, 4:03:05 PM8/6/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, m.cz...@googlemail.com
Hi Mark, Dieter,

I have the same problem. I just deinstalled the 1.5 version from my diskstation and are not able to reinstall it.
Is there a manual solution to install it again?

Michael

Michael Aschenborn

Aug 7, 2014, 12:33:59 AM8/7/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, joe...@gmail.com, der.ti...@gmail.com
Hi Tim,

I'm exactly in your described position and need help:
- OpenHab 1.5 is working on synology (installed with your/Dieters package)
- USB-driver is installed (I use an enocean-stick)
If I start openhab via console, enocean works.
If I start it via synology-gui it doesnt use the usb-stick.

What can I do?
I don't understand the discussion with manual user-id's.

Greetings

Michael

On Sunday, February 23, 2014 6:50:32 PM UTC-5, der.ti...@gmail.com wrote:
[...]

joe...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2014, 7:33:52 AM8/7/14
to Michael Aschenborn, ope...@googlegroups.com, der.ti...@gmail.com
Michael,

What's different about starting from UI vs. Console? I might guess that you are running openhab as root user from console and as openhab from UI.

If so, it's most likely a permission issue with the USB/serial interface.

There are 2 things that the openhab user must be permmissoned for:

1) r/w access to /dev/ttyusb* devices
2) r/w access to /var/lock

(If Enocean works similarly to Aeon stick)

The way I permissioned on Synology is adding the openhab user to a group. Then allowed r/w access for group to the above.

Regards,
Joe
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

From: Michael Aschenborn <michael.a...@emailprivat.de>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 21:33:59 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [openhab] Re: OpenHAB package for Synology Diskstations

lagerb...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2014, 10:53:33 AM8/7/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, michael.a...@emailprivat.de, der.ti...@gmail.com, joe...@gmail.com
Hi,

I've tried the 1.5 (and older versions) on Xpenology. Does not work. Anyone have any ideas on why not?
I'm running Intel i5 processor, could that be the problem with the package? And I need to install it on volume 2, could that be a problem?

lagerb...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2014, 1:01:50 PM8/7/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
anyone know how to get xpenology version working with openhab?

Den söndagen den 17:e november 2013 kl. 18:42:20 UTC+1 skrev Dieter Hofrichter:
Attached is an installable package of OpenHAB 1.3.1 for Synology NAS.
I have only tested it on DS213+ with java 7 from http://pcloadletter.co.uk/2011/08/23/java-package-for-synology/
In the Synology package manager you can
  • install
  • start
  • stop
  • uninstall

OpenHAB.

If the directory /volume1/public/OpenHAB/configurations exists, this directory will be used for all OpenHAB configuration files. This should make it easier to work with the OpenHAB designer installed on your PC.

If the directory /volume1/public/OpenHAB/addons exists, this directory will be used for all OpenHAB addons (bindings) files.

The UI is on port 8081, the console (via telnet) is on port 5555

Have fun!

It is loading more messages.