Unable to get OpenHAB to work on Synology Diskstation DS213j

manuel....@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2014, 12:17:25 PM10/30/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've successfully installed OpenHAB on my Synology Diskstation DS213j and when I install the demo configuration package I can access it via

So far so good. I now copied the demo configuration to: volume1/public/OpenHAB/configurations. When I try and access OpenHAB I do
get an error

Sitemap 'demo' could not be found

I really don't understand why as I copied everything and the sitemap is there: volume1/public/OpenHAB/configurations/sitemaps/demo.sitemap

It almost looks to me that despite the instructions for the OpenHAB package it does not look in  volume1/public/OpenHAB/configurations

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,
Manuel

tomas.t...@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2014, 5:38:08 AM11/2/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hello

am also new in OPenHab but can You give an advice. Copy the demo Folders (2) into the Runtime but keep the old folders in Runtime untached. Run the Runtime wait 9-10 seconds and go with Your browser to http://localhost:8080/openhab.app?sitemap=demo#_Home

Now it works

by

Manuel Rathmann

Nov 4, 2014, 7:23:58 AM11/4/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Anyone any idea? I am still no further forward with this...

Manuel Rathmann

Nov 8, 2014, 7:14:45 AM11/8/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, tomas.t...@gmail.com
Hi,

thanks for your reply but I am not quite sure what you mean. This is where currently the demo configuration sits:

OpenHAB\configurations

Keep in mind this is installed on a Synology Diskstation which is where I have the issue. According to the documentation of the Synology addon
OpenHAB should consider the configuration files stored in:

/public/OpenHAB/configurations

but it doesn't!

Best regards,
Manuel

Bernd Pfrommer

Nov 8, 2014, 7:35:17 AM11/8/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Does the platform have any command to trace system level calls like "strace"? That could tell you what files are being opened, and where it is looking (if at all) for the config.

Mark Wildey

Nov 8, 2014, 8:23:26 AM11/8/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Can you show the full path to the .items, .sitemap.

On my CentOS system, they show as...

[root@openzwave ~]# locate demo.items
/opt/openhab-runtime/configurations/items/demo.items
[root@openzwave ~]# locate demo.sitemap
/opt/openhab-runtime/configurations/sitemaps/demo.sitemap
[root@openzwave ~]#

chri...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2014, 6:16:20 PM11/8/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I seem to have the same problem.
/volume1/public/OpenHAP/configurations does not seem to work for me either.
The openhab user and admin have rw access to the folder and files.

My DS still uses the configuration at /var/packages/OpenHAB/target/configurations/
If I change something there in the change is visible on myIP:8081/openhab.app?sitemap=demo .

/volume1/public... seems to be ignored.

Regards,
Christian

carl.pete...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2014, 4:47:30 PM11/10/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I have installed and removed OpenHAB and "OpenHAB demo setup" several times on my DS411j. If only creating /volume1/public directory for hosting java prior to OpenHAB installation the Demo "Main menu" is accessible via MyIP:8081/openhab.app?sitemap=demo#_Home, but I cannot find the sitemap! If I instead create the directories /volume1/public/OpenHAB/configurations and /volume1/public/OpenHAB/addons prior to installation of OpenHAB and "OpenHAB demo setup" the mentioned directories are filled with folders and files. Everything looks OK. Now however I get the same result as you, when trying to access myIP:8081/openhab.app?sitemap=demo, sitemap demo is not found. A sitemap I edited could also not be found.
I have considered privileges, some files are owned by "root". The "OpenHAB deamon user" has the right privileges to the public directory etc. Everything looks OK but OpenHAB seems to look for the sitemap "at the wrong place".
Best regards
Peter

Manuel Rathmann

Nov 10, 2014, 5:38:37 PM11/10/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

thanks everyone for the replies. I have to look into strace - not sure if it works or not.
As mentioned I have a Synology NAS with one HDD installed. This means I can access all
files under <NAS IP>/volume1/

The Synology OpenHAB package mentions the following:
"If the directory /volume1/public/OpenHAB/configurations exists, this directory will be
used for all OpenHAB configuration files. If the directory /volume1/public/OpennHAB/addons
exists, this directory will be used for all OpenHAB addons (bindings)"

The actual OpenHAB installation can be found under /volume1/@appstore/OpenHAB.
The configurations folder is a subfolder in there.

As Christian was saying OpenHAB seems to ignore the /volume1/public/OpenHAB/configurations.
The problem is that the /volume1/@appstore/OpenHAB/configurations folder is not accessible
via the designer.

I'm about to give up and look at OpenRemote to be honest. Not sure if I can manually install
OpenHAB on my Diskstation without using the package (I cannot install ipkg)...

Christian Mathis

Nov 11, 2014, 1:52:11 PM11/11/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
After reading Peters post I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the package.
Now it seems to work.

The steps (assuming you already have the public share):
1. Uninstall the Demo and OpenHab package.
2. Reinstall OpenHab and Demo
3. Change the rights to the share in FileStation - right click on "public" share -> Properties -> Permission -> Create
4. Set all Read and Write rights for the openhab user -> OK
5. Select "Apply to this folder, sub-folders and files" -> OK
6. Stop and Start the OpenHab package.

I wonder if "Enable user home service" was supposed to create the public share. The package asked for that during the first installation and I enabled it.

Regards,
Chris

snusk...@googlemail.com

Nov 11, 2014, 3:56:27 PM11/11/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
@Manuel

that worked for me:

I made a clean install without the public/configurations folder created, stopped the OpenHAB service, then granted the R+W rights on "public" to the new "openhab" user in the "shared folder" window.
And then I did these steps manually:

1. Start Putty and connect to the DS as "root" user
2. cd ..
3. mv /volume1/@appstore/OpenHAB/configurations/ /volume1/public/OpenHAB/configurations/
4. ln -s /volume1/public/OpenHAB/configurations/ /volume1/@appstore/OpenHAB/
5. Start OpemHAB Service

Gruß / greeting

carl.pete...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2014, 3:33:31 PM11/13/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Can you successfully reach the web page with the Demo sitemap using "OpenHAB_IP:8081/openhab.app?sitemap=demo"?
I think I have followed your 6 steps carefully but still cannot make it work! At first I had the "homes" directory on "volume2" but when moving it to "volume1" your Step 3 was necessary. Maybe I should remove everything associated with OpenHAB and try to install again from scratch as a last attempt.
BR
Peter

Christian Mathis

Nov 13, 2014, 3:49:46 PM11/13/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, carl.pete...@gmail.com
Yes I can reach "OpenHAB_IP:8081/openhab.app?sitemap=demo" and my own sitemap that is only on /volume1/public/OpenHAB/configurations/sitemaps
I've created my on share "public" on volume1. There is a /volume1/homes/openhab but the folder seems to be empty.

Regards,
Chris

Manuel Rathmann

Nov 14, 2014, 6:06:27 PM11/14/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com, carl.pete...@gmail.com
Thanks to everyone who replied. With all the ideas here I finally managed to get it to work but don't ask me how :) I've bootstrapped my DS213J in the process, installed
a couple of other things and finally got it to run - now I need to get my head around the designer and the actual configuration :)