311 Service and Information Requests dataset + Visualisation

Kistine Carolan

Aug 22, 2016, 3:32:56 PM8/22/16
to Open Data Philly
Hello all -

Today, we released the following data:

You can read the press release for more information about this release.

Let us know if you have any questions or how you plan to use this information!

Best,

Kistine

Kistine Carolan

Data Services Manager

Office of Innovation & Technology

City of Philadelphia

Mark Headd

Aug 22, 2016, 3:57:11 PM8/22/16
to opendat...@googlegroups.com
This is a big data release - congrats!

I noticed when looking at the CSV file download that there are only about 126k records, which seems small. Also, the file shows an error at the end that looks like this.

9062580,03/09/2015 04:15:50 PM,Rubbish/Recyclable Material Collection,SR-ST03,Streets Department,Closed,2 Business Days,03/12/2015 07:45:31 AM,03/10/2015 08:00:00 PM,2734 E PACIFIC ST,19134,,POINT (-75.09158{
  "error" : true,
  "message" : "Internal error",
  "status" : 500
}

I'm guessing that there was an issue when generating the csv..? Might trip up folks that want to download in bulk.

Hope this is helpful.

Tim Wisniewski

Aug 22, 2016, 5:22:22 PM8/22/16
to Open Data Philly
Thanks Mark! That's a strange issue you're having -- I'll pass that along to Socrata to investigate. In the meantime, you should be able to use the API to export the dataset as CSV. The documentation has some details, but you should be able to use: https://data.phila.gov/resource/4t9v-rppq.csv?$limit=999999 (they removed the limit on the "limit" parameter). Can you see if that works?

Mark Headd

Aug 22, 2016, 5:38:14 PM8/22/16
to opendat...@googlegroups.com
Yup, that works. File looks good.