Representing Memory

Maheshakya Wijewardena

Apr 8, 2013, 1:09:33 AM4/8/13
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to represent long term memory analogous to human in this system?

Keyvan Mir Mohammad Sadeghi

Apr 8, 2013, 7:10:34 AM4/8/13
to opencog

There is Economic Attention Allocation system, http://wiki.opencog.org/w/ECAN, which deals with memory. Each atom has an LTI value (long term importance) which can reassemble long term memory.

Cheers,

Keyvan Mir Mohammad Sadeghi
MSc AI

"One has to pay dearly for immortality; one has to die several times while one is still alive." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

On Apr 8, 2013 9:39 AM, "Maheshakya Wijewardena" <pmahes...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there a way to represent long term memory analogous to human in this system?

Ben Goertzel

Apr 8, 2013, 9:42:11 AM4/8/13
to ope...@googlegroups.com
The Atomspace is OpenCog's representation of declarative, semantic memory

Combo trees, used by MOSES and stored in a procedure repository, are
the system's key representation of procedural memory

Sensory memory (for vision at present) is stored in the DeSTIN hierarchy

Episodic memory is not adequately handled at present, but is intended
to be stored in a dimensional embedding space

Attentional memory is handled by the Short Term Importance values in
the AtomSpace, which also play a role in declarative memory via
guiding attractor formation...

All the non-declarative types of memory are linked into the Atomspace,
so that the declarative/semantic memory plays a central role...

In short, memory and processing are deeply intertwined, though in a
different way from how this happens in the human brain...

-- Ben G
> --

Ben Goertzel, PhD
http://goertzel.org

"My humanity is a constant self-overcoming" -- Friedrich Nietzsche