Using the 640g as source of BG for CGM

luis.c.t...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2019, 7:28:08 AM1/8/19
to OpenAPS Dev
Hello Everyone,

Happy new year!!!

Is there anyone who can code in python that could take a look at this :

Lennart, the person behind the Android app to get values from the MM 640g to NS started with a python code and then continued it in Android.

The problem is for the moment the values are put on the console and that is it. It would be great if someone could continue this and have it post the values to NS, or share them offline with openAPS. This way the same rig could get the values from the 640 and then use them to control a loopable pump, even offline!!

Thank you for all the help getting into looping.

Jan Schenk

Jan 8, 2019, 3:24:17 PM1/8/19
to opena...@googlegroups.com
Hey Luis,
I guess this was discontinued as it makes little sense to read one pump (640g) and control another (loopable pump). Is there a scenario where this is helpful?

But I'd love to see the values from a 640g and upload it into nightscout as well. Just for tracking and analysis. And without using a Contour Next Link (CNL). Is this repo about communication without or with the CNL?
I thought that CNL and pump communicate via ZigBee, and nobody yet reverse engineered this protocol?

Best
JAN

Sent from mobile, please excuse tone.

Tomas Mahony

Jan 8, 2019, 3:37:18 PM1/8/19
to OpenAPS Dev
Hi Jan,

Such a scenario applies to me (in Ireland).

My hospital administers Medtronic equipment only. Therefore pre-looping the 640G was my pump and CGM. Now that I am looping, I use the 640G as a CGM only and a 715 as a loopable pump. It's a little awkard logistically but it works. I will be using the 640g as a CGM (only) for the foreseeable future.

 I'm new to looping (6 weeks) but I love it so far and can't imagine being without it. I'm grateful to those that are behind its development.

Regards

Tomás

Jan Schenk

Jan 8, 2019, 4:18:43 PM1/8/19
to opena...@googlegroups.com
Oh. To the two of you, please excuse my shortsightedness.
So, is there a Contour Next Link Stick involved?
Cheers
JAN

Sent from mobile, please excuse tone.

Tomas Mahony

Jan 8, 2019, 4:41:06 PM1/8/19
to opena...@googlegroups.com
Jan,

Yes.

See pics

Tomás

20190108_213824.jpg
20190108_213909.jpg

Tim Street

Jan 8, 2019, 5:12:23 PM1/8/19
to opena...@googlegroups.com
My first rig operated like this. I had the Pi running lennarts code and rewrote part of it to write to a file that OpenAPS could use (and then upload to NightScout using its own routines).

Some of the code is in github under tim2000s/decoding-contour-next-link - most of it was hacked though and never made it into github.

Sent from my iPhone

luis.c.t...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2019, 11:45:02 PM1/8/19
to OpenAPS Dev
Tim, you wouldn’t mind trying to continue this to integrate it into openaps, or into a somewhat clean solution?

Jan, i know of several people online looping like this. Here i am fully funded by the hospital, but for the 640 only. No dexcom for me. So i have to make do even if it is a little awkward. But having the pi or edison read the cnl is better than having a dedicated uploader phone on top of everything else.

Thank you all for your help

Luis

Tomas Mahony

Jan 28, 2019, 3:26:35 PM1/28/19
to OpenAPS Dev
Hi,

I have another question relating to the 640G.

Now that I use the 640G as a CGM only, it is no longer attached to me (via  tubing etc). I have almost lost it on a number of occasions (including one time when I left it in a taxi). It falls out of my pocket when I sit down and the belt clip is constantly breaking. I want to start taking precautions against losing it.

One thought I had was to try to source one of those Bluetooth key finders but I can't think of how I might attach one to the 640G.

Has anyone any suggestions?

Regards

Tomás

T. Heuser

Jan 28, 2019, 4:35:16 PM1/28/19
to opena...@googlegroups.com
I had mine in a Crumpler TheP.P4.5 on a lanyard. I wanted it to have some protection against bumps, and the electronic-gadget department had a few Neopren pouches that would zip close and attach. Those for biggish mp3 players even offered something to pass the headphones (aka tubing) through.

At night, I would dangle it from a shelf above my bed, and had excellent reception. (Until I left it hanging on my morning coffee-commute to the kitchen)

T. Heuser

Jan 28, 2019, 4:38:45 PM1/28/19
to opena...@googlegroups.com
P.S. to protect the otherwise open slot for the reservoir from pocket fluff and other paraphernalia, I cut the tubing from a reservoir connector and screwed the now tubeless lid on.

Tomas Mahony

Jan 30, 2019, 3:56:23 PM1/30/19
to opena...@googlegroups.com

Hi T,

This sounds great.

But how do you keep the 640G when you at home or in an office when you are not carrying the backpack around with you?

Regards

Tomás

luis.c.t...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2019, 10:48:38 AM2/1/19
to OpenAPS Dev
Hi both, can you tell me what your setup is like? How did you configure everything? I keep getting cob decaying too fast and dana thinks it could be related to using the 640 as an uploader. Are you using xdrip?