OpenAPS and Medtronic 712

howdy...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2017, 10:36:30 PM9/11/17
to OpenAPS Dev
I have had an Edison with Explorer board running OpenAPS with a Medtronic 751 and Nightscout to get a feel for OpenAPS, go through the installation, etc, before jumping in fully and getting a compatible pump so I could loop.  I did this for a few months, and other than the inability for the 751 to receive temp basals from OpenAPS, everything worked fine.  OpenAPS pulled pump info from the 751 and pushed it to the Nightscout instance, my blood glucose information was bing displayed, and I could see loop info showing up in the OpenAPS status in Nightscout.

The compatible pump I ultimately got was a Medtronic 712.  I was aware that some additional files needed to be created since the values in these could not be pulled from the pump, and that manual updates to them would need to be made if I made changes to basal patterns, etc.  No big deal.

However, I cannot seem to get OpenAPS to communicate with the 712.  My pump loop log is basically stuck looping the following:

Starting supermicrobolus pump-loop at Mon Sep 11 21:23:02 CDT 2017 with 11 second wait_for_silence:
Waiting up to 4 minutes for new BG: ls: cannot access monitor/pump_loop_completed: No such file or directory
Radio ok. Listening: .No pump comms detected from other rigs
SMB pump
-loop failed. grep: monitor/temp_basal.json: No such file or directory
pump_loop_completed more than
15m old; waiting for 30s silence before mmtuning
Radio ok. Listening: .No pump comms detected from other rigs
Listening for 30s silence before mmtuning: .No pump comms detected from other rigs
mmtune
: "916.636", 0, -99 waiting for 78 second silence before continuing
Radio ok. Listening: .No pump comms detected from other rigs
Unsuccessful supermicrobolus pump-loop at Mon Sep 11 21:26:39 CDT 2017

This loops every 4 minutes.

The manual files for the 712 that I created are attached for review as well.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!
bg_targets_raw.json
selected-basal-profile.json
settings.json

howdy...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2017, 10:39:45 PM9/11/17
to OpenAPS Dev
If I try to do openaps commands to invoke the creation of temp_basal.json, I get the following:

root@openaps:~/myopenaps# openaps init
Reinitialized existing Git repository in /root/myopenaps/.git/
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
root@openaps:~/myopenaps# openaps report invoke monitor/temp_basal.json
None
Namespace(action='invoke', report=['monitor/temp_basal.json'])
pump://JSON/read_temp_basal/monitor/temp_basal.json
monitor/temp_basal.json  raised  /dev/spidev5.1 already in use
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/openaps-report", line 82, in <module>
    app( )
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openaps/cli/__init__.py", line 51, in __call__
    self.run(self.args)
  File "/usr/local/bin/openaps-report", line 75, in run
    output = app(args, self)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openaps/cli/subcommand.py", line 52, in __call__
    return self.method.main(args, app)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openaps/reports/invoke.py", line 40, in main
    output = task.method(args, app)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openaps/uses/use.py", line 44, in __call__
    self.before_main(args, app)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openaps/vendors/medtronic.py", line 62, in before_main
    self.setup_medtronic( )
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mmeowlink/vendors/mmeowlink.py", line 115, in setup_medtronic
    setup_func(self)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mmeowlink/vendors/mmeowlink.py", line 75, in setup_medtronic_link
    link = builder.build(radio_type, port)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mmeowlink/link_builder.py", line 16, in build
    return SubgRfspyLink(port)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mmeowlink/vendors/subg_rfspy_link.py", line 55, in __init__
    self.open()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mmeowlink/vendors/serial_interface.py", line 23, in open
    raise AlreadyInUseException("%s already in use" % self.device)
mmeowlink.vendors.serial_interface.AlreadyInUseException: /dev/spidev5.1 already in use

howdy...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2017, 8:15:43 AM9/12/17
to OpenAPS Dev
Update: The rig is definitely not communicating with the pump.  I left the rig in one room and spent some time in another.  I left the pump_loop log tail running for the duration of the time away and came back to check it after five hours.  The pump_loop log shows the same looping section I posted previously with no different messages (other than timestamp increments).  The distance was at least 18 feet and on the other side of a wall

Assuming the rig couldn't effectively communicate with the pump over that distance and through a wall, what needs to be done to get the communications working between the Edison+Explorer board and the 712 pump?  Does Explorer have a Remote ID that can be set on the pump?   Something else?

Thanks!

howdy...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2017, 12:59:11 AM9/15/17
to OpenAPS Dev
Update:  Reset the Explorer+Edison to communicate with the 751 and there were no issues.  The problem is definitely in either how the E+E is configured to communicate with the 712, or the 712 may be problematic.

Martin Haeberli

Sep 15, 2017, 2:54:25 AM9/15/17
to opena...@googlegroups.com
Try Gitter group intend-to-bolus . Have you tried standalone mmtune w/712 pump?

On Sep 14, 2017, at 9:59 PM, howdy...@gmail.com wrote:

Update:  Reset the Explorer+Edison to communicate with the 751 and there were no issues.  The problem is definitely in either how the E+E is configured to communicate with the 712, or the 712 may be problematic.

howdy...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2017, 9:18:01 AM9/15/17
to OpenAPS Dev
I've been viewing that Gitter discussion for a bit.  People using 712 pumps don't seem to be around.

I don't know anything about a standalone mmtune.  Could you provide further info?

Thanks!

howdy...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2017, 10:01:54 AM9/15/17
to OpenAPS Dev
Latest pump loop log stanzas:

Starting supermicrobolus pump-loop at Fri Sep 15 08:57:02 CDT 2017 with 19 second wait_for_silence:
Waiting up to 4 minutes for new BG: ls: cannot access monitor/pump_loop_completed: No such file or directory
Radio ok. Listening: .No pump comms detected from other rigs
SMB pump-loop failed. grep: monitor/temp_basal.json: No such file or directory
pump_loop_completed more than 15m old; waiting for 30s silence before mmtuning
Radio ok. Listening: .No pump comms detected from other rigs
Listening for 30s silence before mmtuning: .No pump comms detected from other rigs
mmtune: "916.636", 0, -99 waiting for 78 second silence before continuing
Radio ok. Listening: .No pump comms detected from other rigs
Unsuccessful supermicrobolus pump-loop at Fri Sep 15 09:00:50 CDT 2017

Dana Lewis

Sep 15, 2017, 10:06:47 AM9/15/17
to opena...@googlegroups.com
Check back in gitter - Katie spotted several things wrong in the files that may be preventing it from looping.
"Doing something for someone else is more important than anything you would do for yourself."

howdy...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2017, 8:55:26 AM9/16/17
to OpenAPS Dev
Latest pump_loop stanzas - I managed to get rid of the "no such file" error for pump_loop_completed and temp_basal.  I still don't know if the rig is communicating with the pump:

Starting supermicrobolus pump-loop at Sat Sep 16 06:57:02 CDT 2017 with 16 second wait_for_silence:
Waiting up to 4 minutes for new BG: glucose.json newer than pump_loop_completed
Radio ok. Listening: .No pump comms detected from other rigs
SMB pump-loop failed. pump_loop_completed more than 15m old; waiting for 30s silence before mmtuning
Radio ok. Listening: .No pump comms detected from other rigs
Listening for 30s silence before mmtuning: .No pump comms detected from other rigs
mmtune: "916.684", 3, -94 waiting for 68 second silence before continuing
Radio ok. Listening: .No pump comms detected from other rigs
Unsuccessful supermicrobolus pump-loop at Sat Sep 16 07:00:32 CDT 2017

Starting supermicrobolus pump-loop at Sat Sep 16 07:01:03 CDT 2017 with 27 second wait_for_silence:
Waiting up to 4 minutes for new BG: glucose.json newer than pump_loop_completed
Radio ok. Listening: .No pump comms detected from other rigs
SMB pump-loop failed. pump_loop_completed more than 15m old; waiting for 30s silence before mmtuning
Radio ok. Listening: .No pump comms detected from other rigs
Listening for 30s silence before mmtuning: .No pump comms detected from other rigs
mmtune: "916.636", 0, -99 waiting for 78 second silence before continuing
Radio ok. Listening: .No pump comms detected from other rigs
Unsuccessful supermicrobolus pump-loop at Sat Sep 16 07:05:00 CDT 2017

Starting supermicrobolus pump-loop at Sat Sep 16 07:05:01 CDT 2017 with 19 second wait_for_silence:
Waiting up to 4 minutes for new BG: glucose.json newer than pump_loop_completed
Radio ok. Listening: .No pump comms detected from other rigs
SMB pump-loop failed. pump_loop_completed more than 15m old; waiting for 30s silence before mmtuning
Radio ok. Listening: .No pump comms detected from other rigs
Listening for 30s silence before mmtuning: .No pump comms detected from other rigs
mmtune: "916.636", 0, -99 waiting for 78 second silence before continuing
Radio ok. Listening: .No pump comms detected from other rigs
Unsuccessful supermicrobolus pump-loop at Sat Sep 16 07:08:49 CDT 2017

Starting supermicrobolus pump-loop at Sat Sep 16 07:09:02 CDT 2017 with 21 second wait_for_silence:
Waiting up to 4 minutes for new BG: glucose.json newer than pump_loop_completed
Radio ok. Listening: .No pump comms detected from other rigs
SMB pump-loop failed. pump_loop_completed more than 15m old; waiting for 30s silence before mmtuning
Radio ok. Listening: .No pump comms detected from other rigs
Listening for 30s silence before mmtuning: .No pump comms detected from other rigs
mmtune: "916.636", 0, -99 waiting for 78 second silence before continuing
Radio ok. Listening: .No pump comms detected from other rigs
Unsuccessful supermicrobolus pump-loop at Sat Sep 16 07:12:49 CDT 2017

Starting supermicrobolus pump-loop at Sat Sep 16 07:13:03 CDT 2017 with 23 second wait_for_silence:
Waiting up to 4 minutes for new BG: glucose.json newer than pump_loop_completed
Radio ok. Listening: .No pump comms detected from other rigs
mmeowlink.exceptions.CommsException: No acknowledgement from pump on wakeup. Is it out of range or is the battery too low?
SMB pump-loop failed. pump_loop_completed more than 15m old; waiting for 30s silence before mmtuning
Radio ok. Listening: .No pump comms detected from other rigs
Listening for 30s silence before mmtuning: .No pump comms detected from other rigs
mmtune: "916.636", 0, -99 waiting for 78 second silence before continuing
Radio ok. Listening: .No pump comms detected from other rigs
Unsuccessful supermicrobolus pump-loop at Sat Sep 16 07:17:31 CDT 2017
Message has been deleted

howdy...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2017, 10:08:12 AM9/21/17
to OpenAPS Dev

Per the update to OpenAPS for x12 updates, I have done the following updates to my E+E rig:

http://openaps.readthedocs.io/en/latest/docs/Customize-Iterate/update-your-rig.html

The setup script command line I ran was:

oref0-setup --dir=/root/myopenaps --serial=020000 --cgm=G5 --tty=/dev/spidev5.1 --max_iob=20 --enable=' autosens  autotune  meal  ' --radio_locale='US' --btmac='70:F0:87:59:90:49'

I then followed the instructions here, although I did not create alias for the raw-pump located files, opting instead to copy the files into the ~/myopenaps/settings directory.

http://openaps.readthedocs.io/en/latest/docs/Build%20Your%20Rig/x12-users.html

Per previous installations, I did a

touch pump_loop_completed

in ~/myopenaps/monitor to prevent the read/write error that inevitably occurs after a new install.

The 712 pump has a fresh battery and has the Remote Option set to On with a Remote ID of 111111.

Attached are my latest raw-pump files and the logs.

autotune.log
bg-targets-raw.json
cgm-loop.log
ns-loop.log