Implementation of a research project (automatic PEC)

Edgar Klenske

Mar 10, 2014, 12:17:21 PM3/10/14
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

first of all I want to thank you for developing PHD Guiding! It is a great software and the fact that it is open source helped me a lot.

I am a PhD student in the field of Machine Learning and learning periodic error curves in an "automagic" fashion is one of my research projects. I use PHD Guiding for the hardware interaction and implemented everything else in Matlab. Now the time has come where we would like to have a working implementation of my research code inside of the guiding software. Since it is much easier to extend a software for someone who is already familiar with the source code, I would be great if one of you would be interested in implementing my method. Of course, we don't expect you to implement our stuff for free. My institute is willing to pay for the development.

If you are interested or want to know more, please drop me a line ( edgar.klenske [at] tuebingen.mpg.de ).

Best wishes,
Edgar.

Andy Galasso

Mar 10, 2014, 12:22:46 PM3/10/14
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com
Edgar,

That is fantastic! Automatic PEC has been something on our radar for PHD2. We would love to hear more about your research project! I'll send you a PM.

Andy

Edgar Klenske

Mar 10, 2014, 12:30:25 PM3/10/14
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com
If you want to read up on my method, you can have a look at the paper: Klenske_allerton2013-web.pdf

Bernd Gooßmann

Mar 15, 2014, 8:23:17 AM3/15/14
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com

Hi guys,

for your information the EQMOD project does have a working AutoPEC function. EQMOD is often used by EQ6-owners. Perhaps EQMOD-AutoPEC and the program PECprep (similar to CCDWARE's PEMpro) give some more details to your ideas!
EQMOD does have a so called "VSPEC" which means "variable speed PEC" but please see details in the group file section.

Bernd

Andy Galasso

Mar 15, 2014, 1:31:05 PM3/15/14
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com
Bernd,

That is interesting, thanks for the tip.

Andy
This conversation is locked