Re: Disabling startup on Centos 5.8

Vanush "Misha" Paturyan

Nov 2, 2012, 5:47:46 AM11/2/12
to open-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard,

On 1 November 2012 21:19, <ric...@aggress.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My iSCSI target is broken and I need to disable open-iscsi from starting up
> as it sits in a loop trying to connect without timing out.
>
> However.. I'm seemingly unable to do this..
>
> I've disabled all services via chkconfig and confirmed in each rc*.d
> directory
>
> Rebooted, it still comes up and tries to connect to the broken node

Any chance intiation happens from inside initrd image? I haven't
worked with Centos or RedHat
in a while, but look at mkinitrd command to recreate an initrd image?

Misha.

Mike Christie

Nov 2, 2012, 11:42:31 AM11/2/12
to open-...@googlegroups.com, ric...@aggress.net
On 11/01/2012 04:19 PM, ric...@aggress.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My iSCSI target is broken and I need to disable open-iscsi from starting
> up as it sits in a loop trying to connect without timing out.

Are you sure it does not timeout? The default timeout is long, but it
should timeout eventually. Did you change it?

What is the errors in the log?

> However.. I'm seemingly unable to do this..
>
> I've disabled all services via chkconfig and confirmed in each rc*.d
> directory

Did you chkconfig iscsid and iscsi services?

> Rebooted, it still comes up and tries to connect to the broken node
>
> I've set node.startup = manual in both /etc/iscsi/iscsid.conf and in the
> node itself
>
> I've rm -rf /var/lib/iscsi/*

If you do not have any files in there then there is nothing for iscsi to
login to.

I think Misha might be right. What is in

/proc/cmdline

?

Richard Shaw

Nov 4, 2012, 7:14:17 AM11/4/12
to open-...@googlegroups.com, ric...@aggress.net
Hi,

Thanks for your help, resolved the issue now.   It had been setup to load the kernel modules and mount the target via the initrd image.

I can't tell you how frustrating that was to diagnose :)

I removed the offending lines, rebuilt the image, then fixed the issue.

Regards