Concern about how to split the 3D-Model

jack shang

Jul 2, 2013, 12:23:46 AM7/2/13
to open-3d-vie...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

In the web/models/ folder, there have many *.cow_anatomy.uf8 files. It seem those files were created by split the Bessie.obj into pieces. Then used webgl-loader script compress it. So I have concern about how to split Bassie.obj into pieces, by our-self? Is there have a script do it?

Thanks,
Jack

Nico Weber

Jul 2, 2013, 1:14:07 AM7/2/13
to open-3d-vie...@googlegroups.com
This was done by https://code.google.com/p/webgl-loader/ I believe.

jack shang

Jul 2, 2013, 3:09:55 AM7/2/13
to open-3d-vie...@googlegroups.com

I'm sure that https://code.google.com/p/webgl-loader/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fsrc%2Fthird_party%2Fnothings%253Fstate%253Dclosed only convert the one *.obj to one *.utf8, did not split it into pieces. Because sometime OBJ file is too big to hard split, I want to know how open-3d-viewer do that.

在 2013年7月2日星期二UTC+8下午1时14分07秒,Nico Weber写道:
On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 9:23 PM, jack shang <jacks...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

In the web/models/ folder, there have many *.cow_anatomy.uf8 files. It seem those files were created by split the Bessie.obj into pieces. Then used webgl-loader script compress it. So I have concern about how to split Bassie.obj into pieces, by our-self? Is there have a script do it?

Thanks,
Jack

jack shang

Jul 2, 2013, 5:36:34 AM7/2/13
to open-3d-vie...@googlegroups.com
For now, my first idea is split *.obj file into many pieces by hand, then convert them to *.utf8 one by one. Maybe there already had a better way do that. Anyone know how open-3d-viewer split Bassie.obj into pieces? Or give me some threads. Many thanks!

在 2013年7月2日星期二UTC+8下午3时09分55秒,jack shang写道:

spirit

Jul 4, 2013, 4:44:20 AM7/4/13
to open-3d-vie...@googlegroups.com
utf8 files you see is the model compressed into that file. and if was done with  https://code.google.com/p/webgl-loader/

the compressing also produces a js file.
after you have gotten you utf8 and js files you will need to also generate a metadata file
with a make_viewer_metadata python script. you will however need to additional files, the part_info.txt and the grouping.txt
i have written the script to help you generate those files
 find attached the python scripts and the compression script
you will need python 2.7 to run the python scripts

src.rar