tvOS app Bus Board with OBA integration

Mike Pompa

Oct 26, 2015, 10:55:42 PM10/26/15
to onebusaway-developers
I just got news that my new app Bus Board will be among the first apps to be available on the new Apple TV. It's intended for transit agencies and businesses near transit stops to display a real-time arrivals sign board at or near a given stop. The screen can be rotated to any of the 4 horizontal or vertical monitor arrangements. The ease of setup is its biggest feature.

The OBA API is used for Puget Sound and Georgia stop lookup and real-time data, plus stop lookup for NYC's MTA. (I'm still waiting for API keys for several other OBA implementations).

Bus Board is a variation of my currently available iOS app, My Bus Times, which displays arrivals on the iPhone or Apple Watch.

Other APIs are supported, but they shall be nameless here.

I've asked Tampa Bay and York to enable my key. Let me know if any other regions should be contacted.

Mike

Sean Barbeau

Oct 27, 2015, 3:07:19 PM10/27/15
to onebusaway-developers
Cool!  Congrats on the launch!

Sean

Aaron Antrim

Nov 24, 2015, 12:59:20 AM11/24/15
to onebusaway-developers
Cool!

In an effort to provide a way to discover the growing abundance of transit applications, I added Bus Board to TransitWiki.
Please edit the description as you see fit (it's a wiki, after all).

-Aaron

Aaron Antrim

Nov 25, 2015, 12:39:00 AM11/25/15
to onebusaway-developers