custom query parameters?

Kapil Israni

Jan 7, 2011, 6:06:36 PM1/7/11
to omni...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is there way to receive custom query parameters in my callback? So lets say I want receive params[:my_req_type] in my callback (/auth/:provider/callback) controller action.

Obviously I will need to pass this "my_req_type" query param to - /auth/facebook, so it can fwd that to the provider. So my question is this something possible & how?

Thanks!

Michael Bleigh

Jan 7, 2011, 6:28:29 PM1/7/11
to omni...@googlegroups.com
OmniAuth calls the application before it redirects, so the recommended way to solve the storage of "contextual information" is to save it in the session before you send them through to Facebook, and then retrieve it when they come back.

Michael Bleigh