Register_Class() problem still exists in OMNeT++ 4.2.1 and MiXiM 2.2.1

Oudam

Feb 1, 2012, 8:41:19 AM2/1/12
to omnetpp
Hi all,

My simulation have worked fine with omnet++ 4.1 and mixim 2.1 in
Tkenv or console mode.

I have ported my simulation code from omnet++ 4.1 and mixim 2.1 to
omnet++ 4.2.1 and mixim 2.2.1.
The porting itself seems to be ok (no compilation error) , but while
executing simulation in Tkenv or console mode,
I get this error :
--- begin ---
<!> Error in module (cCompoundModule) NetworkModel (id=1) during
network setup: Class "MyWorldUtilityStats" not found -- perhaps its
code was not linked in, or the class wasn't registered with
Register_Class(), or in the case of modules and channels, with
Define_Module()/Define_Channel().
--- end ---

In addition, mixim can not can not be build with realease mdoe : In
Tkenv, gcc-release mode is not available.
(Maybe the problem can be solve if I could build mixim in release
mode).
I used only 'make' to build omnet++ 4.2.1.

Anyone has any idea to solve these problems ?
Thanks in advance.

Oudam

my machine:
$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Debian
Release: 6.0.3
Codename: squeeze

Oudam

Feb 1, 2012, 2:33:56 PM2/1/12
to omnetpp
My problem is solved by compiling both MiXiM and the simulation model
in release mode.
For that, I have done as follows:
- Instead of importing MiXiM as an projet into OMNeT++, I first creat
an omnet++ projet and choose gcc-release in Select Configuration.
Afterwards, I copy the files from MiXiM directory into the project.
The files package.ned may need to be modified.
- I do the same for my simulation model.

It works now !
I hope that may help, and am interessted by an esier way to do that.
Thanks in advance.

Jaipal Dhobale

Feb 2, 2012, 12:12:49 AM2/2/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Oudam,

I am facing following problem, could U please help me to get out of this in detail as I didn't have that much knowledge about OMNEt++ & INET/Inetmanet.

Please!!!!

I am currently Using OMNet++4.2.1 (I have older version of Omnet++
4.1) My Omnetp++4.2.1 is running all samples examples provided by the
supplier. To Create wired Computer Network simulation to test certain
parameters I downloaded "Inetmanet". Now while running the Examples
form Inetmanet command prompt displays following message.

"<!> warning : Opp_run : Cannot check library ../../src/inet: The
specified module could not be found
OMNeT++ Discrete Event Simulation (c) 1992-2011 Andras Varga, OpenSim
Ltd.
Version: 4.2.1, build: 120118-94e2a29, edition: Academic Public
License -- NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE
See the license for distribution terms and warranty disclaimer
<!> Error during startup: Cannot load library '../../src//
libinet.dll': The operation completed successfully."

Now What do I do? to get out of this situation. Please help me.

Regards,
Mr.Jai

Regards
Mr. Dhobale J V

Rudolf Hornig

Feb 2, 2012, 4:44:15 AM2/2/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
- Have you compiled INETMANET successfully (i.e. is the libinet.dll present in the src directory).
- Are you trying to run the example from the mingwenv.cmd command prompt?

Rudolf

Jaipal Dhobale

Feb 2, 2012, 5:53:05 AM2/2/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

- The libinet.dll is not present in the src directory. (How to Compile INETMANET successfully).
- I am trying to run example form the mingwenv.cmd command prompt.

Now what to do? Please guide.

Rudolf Hornig

Feb 2, 2012, 9:20:25 AM2/2/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
To run the inetmanet examples, you have to build inetmanet successfully. Follow the installation directions to compile it.

Rudolf

Jaipal Dhobale

Feb 4, 2012, 5:45:27 AM2/4/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dear Rudolf,

Could You help me to come out of this:

1. I have working model of Omnet++ 4.2.1.

2. I import Inetmanet in the Omnet++ and build it after that it is
displaying following message:

The following project(s) contains an old CDT project file (.cproject):
-inetmanet
We recommend that you re-create the projects, as old project files may
cause problems for the C++ indexer. You can re-create a project by
deleting it (answer “No” when asked if you want to delete the files as
well), and creating a new project in the same directory using File ->
New -> Project – this will overwrite the project settings while
leaving contents intact.

And after running the inetmanet it displays following Error message:

<!> Warning: opp_run: Cannot check library ../../../src/inet: The

specified module could not be found

<!> Error during startup: Cannot load library '../../../src//

libinet.dll': The operation completed successfully.

I am very thankful to the person who could help me indetail for
solving the problem.

Thanking You,

Rudolf Hornig

Feb 4, 2012, 8:49:55 AM2/4/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
As  I wrote previously. You MUST successfully compile INETMANET before trying to run it. Otherwise, you will get errors like this.

Rudolf

pritika suman

Apr 17, 2012, 5:06:51 PM4/17/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
sir...i have compiled the inetmanet framework as per the instructions given in the installation guide yet i am facing problem in executing its examples...i have recompied the same several times..yet error is coming that init and libinet.dll can not be loaded at startup..kindly help/

Rudolf Hornig

Apr 18, 2012, 4:26:51 AM4/18/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
State your exact error messages with adequate context. Nobody will be able to help you if you say: I cannot start INET, please help me.

Ivairton

Jul 2, 2012, 11:21:16 AM7/2/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oudam,

I found a other optional solution for this problem:
1) Install MiXiM normally, such as in link http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mixim/wiki/Installation ;
2) Open MiXiM project "Propreties>C/C++ Build". Create a new configuration with the name "gcc-release". Edit build command to: "make MODE=release CONFIGNAME=${ConfigName}". Set gcc-release configuration to active. Build MiXiM project;
3) Create your new project based on MiXiM;
4) Open your project "Propreties>C/C++ Build". Set gcc-release configuration to active.

This way worked to me.

Good luck.
[]s

Shah

Jul 26, 2012, 12:33:21 PM7/26/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello, After completing your instruction No.2, shall i have to create new OMNET++ project with same name as MiXiM ?

Shah

Jul 26, 2012, 1:22:30 PM7/26/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello !! Need help !!!

I tried installing  INETMANET and MiXiM-2.1, but both of these giving same problem.
When I "build" after importing "inetmanet-inetmanet-7b54fe1" project;  it gives following error:

Error: The following project(s) contain an old CDT project file (.cproject):
          - inetmanet-inetmanet-7b54fe1

We recommend you that you re-create the projects as old project files
may create problems for the C++ indexer. You can recreate the project
by deleting it ( answer "No" when asked if you want to delete files as
well), and creating a new project in the same directory using FILE-
>NEW->OMNET++ PROJECT-- this will overwrite the project settings while
leaving the content intact.

Your help will be highly appreciable

Regards

Shha