Exporting my Omnet++ development to a web application

Nelson Chin

Jul 27, 2014, 1:00:35 AM7/27/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I dont know if this is the right place to post this question. I am new to omnet++.
I would like to develop a network simulator web application that can be run on JSP.

Question:

I was wondering whether Omnet++ is capable of allowing me to export the program developed using Omnet++ to a web application.
Is there a way to run the network simulation without using Omnet++ IDE ?
I want to develop a web application that is capable of running standalone application and not via Omnet++.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. Apologies if i asked questions that are out of the scope.

Ivo Calado

Jul 27, 2014, 7:09:22 AM7/27/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Nelson,
    one possible way to launch simulations is command-line => http://www.omnetpp.org/doc/omnetpp/manual/usman.html#sec360 . Does it fill your requirements?

Ivo Calado

Putt's Law:
       Technology is dominated by two types of people:
               Those who understand what they do not manage.
               Those who manage what they do not understand.

Nelson Chin

Jul 27, 2014, 10:52:17 AM7/27/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ivo,

Thank you for your reply. I am trying to run the simulation in graphical interface in a form of Java Applet (I do know Omnet++ is a C++ program IDE). I am hoping to develop a network simulator that can be launched through a Java Applet. Therefore, I am wondering if omnet allows me to export the simulation out to allow users to be able to interact with the network simulation.

Regards,
Nelson