Problem in running example 'extsever' in INET

Winters Wen

Jul 31, 2014, 11:33:04 AM7/31/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I want to run the example 'extsever' in INET. I can not understand the words below:

Set **.ext[0].device to the device name of the interface of the computer
running the simulation in the omnetpp.ini file.

Can anyone tell me what is the device name mean?

Regards,
Winters

Rudolf Hornig

Aug 1, 2014, 5:26:27 AM8/1/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
That is the actual device name of the interface used by the operating system on the machine where you are actually running the simulation.

Example: if you are running on a Linux machine, and want to attach the interface to the physical ethernet card, that would be probably 'eth0'

Type

$ ifconfig

and you will get a list of interfaces.
Rudolf