Internet cloud, drop probability

Rodoume

Apr 22, 2014, 12:45:28 PM4/22/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have a question regarding the internet cloud of Inet, and especially the drop rate : in the examples files, i can find code like this in the xml :

drop="uniform(0,1) < 0.02"

I understand the uniform term, but what exactly are the two other ones ( &lt and 0.02) ?
I could not find any documentation on the topic.

Thanks in advance,

Robin

Michael Kirsche

Apr 22, 2014, 4:40:54 PM4/22/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
In XML (just like in HTML) you need to "encode" special characters if you want them to be treated as (e.g.) operators.

&lt; is just the HTML/XML code for "<" (smaller as)

So your line reads like uniform(0,1) < 0.02, meaning drop a packet every time a value from the uniform distribution is smaller than 0.02.

Hope that clears things up.

Rodoume

Apr 23, 2014, 9:31:24 AM4/23/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com