Omnet+SUMO+Veins:why some far vehicles receive the message and some close vehicle don't receive it

Rayane Sibaï

Nov 27, 2014, 8:40:44 AM11/27/14
Hello
I am trying to test the communication in VANET. After implementing my own scenario in my SUMO, OMNeT and veins, i modified the tracidemo11p class. A vehicle with a specific id (veh leader) sends a message to other vehicles in the network. However, There are some vehicles that are very far to the veh leader (distance between them> 600m) are receiving the message, and other some vehicles which are very close to the veh leader (distance between them <500) are not receiving the message.
Someone has an idea about the cause of this?
Thanks

Christoph Sommer

Nov 28, 2014, 4:53:20 PM11/28/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Rayane Sibaï wrote:
> some vehicles that are very far to the veh leader (distance between
> them> 600m) are receiving the message, and other some vehicles which are
> very close to the veh leader (distance between them <500) are not
> receiving the message.
> Someone has an idea about the cause of this?

My guess: The vehicles close to the "veh leader" are probably suffering
from more interference.

Best,

Christoph

--
Dr. Christoph Sommer
Distributed Embedded Systems Group

Rayane Sibaï

Dec 1, 2014, 3:27:36 AM12/1/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
And why some far vehicles also receive the message ?

Christoph Sommer

Dec 2, 2014, 4:32:45 AM12/2/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
My guess: The vehicles far from the "veh leader" are probably suffering
from less interference.

Tian Bin

Dec 4, 2014, 2:24:35 PM12/4/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Rayane

Christoph is right for collision problem.
For the question, why vehicles that are very far can receive message, you need to check out the propagation model and adjust some parameters ,as transmission power, to control the radio range.