[OMNET-MANET] Replacing a packet from the Mac output buffer

Ivo Calado

Jul 29, 2014, 10:07:13 PM7/29/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,
   is it possible to have access to the output buffer from the 802.11 mac layer from network layer? I'm trying to implement a schema of late decision on the packets sent to mac layer but not transmitted yet.

Best regards,
    Ivo
--
Ivo Calado

Putt's Law:
       Technology is dominated by two types of people:
               Those who understand what they do not manage.
               Those who manage what they do not understand.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jul 30, 2014, 3:58:09 AM7/30/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Ups, this can be a bit complex because there are two buffers, one in the management and other in the mac sublayer it is possible to  nullify the management buffer (for example when the EDCA is active the management queue is nullified).

An alternative is to use a signal and to send a notification to the mac layer

Ivo Calado

Aug 14, 2014, 6:10:24 PM8/14/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Alfonso, I have successfully nullified the management buffer in order to have only one transmission buffer. So, now all packet are sent directly to the queue belonged to Ieee80211Mac (I'm using only one queue on this module).

Based on that I can safely drop any packet from the transmission queue but the first one since this packet may be already in transmission process. So, is there a way to know if the node is already trying to transmiting the packet or I can safely dropping it (maybe a specific state or a flag)?

Best regards,
    Ivo
[]'s

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Aug 31, 2014, 4:01:39 PM8/31/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
no, the code doesn't have these flag, it is not safe dropping this packet and if you drop this packet the FSM can enter in a strange behavior because if the FSM is waiting to transmit a packet and this packet has been drop the code, probably, will crash.

From: ivo.c...@ee.ufcg.edu.br
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 19:09:58 -0300
Subject: Re: [Omnetpp-l] [OMNET-MANET] Replacing a packet from the Mac output buffer
To: omn...@googlegroups.com