overhearing nodes & promiscuous mode & collecting information & AODV ??

nilou...@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2014, 1:52:02 AM9/14/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I'm using inet and aodv routing.

I want to each node overhear other nodes in their wireless range for understanding about correct packets forwarding.
and then count packets forwarding as a parameter to use in aodv routing.
please tell me it is possible?

overhearing of each node  is mentioned in previous posts to use promiscuous mode but i cant understand relation of aodv routing and promiscuous mode in omnet.please explain for me.
please help me. i get confused.

thank you.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Sep 15, 2014, 4:02:08 AM9/15/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com

The class ManetRoutingBase has the method processFullPromiscuous, you only need to overload this method with your code and activate the promiscuity the method linkFullPromiscuous() activates that the routing module could receive packets using the promiscuity