Installation of omnetpp 4.1

Gyanprakash Mishra

Sep 16, 2014, 12:19:41 AM9/16/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I am working on suse. I have installed all the required software packages by software manager by following graphical installation. But now after installing those packages what to do next. I am not getting any help from installation guide. Please help me by giving me proper instructions to work on omnetpp4.1

Michael Kirsche

Sep 16, 2014, 4:42:13 AM9/16/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
The OMNeT installation guide is giving clear and detailed instructions for every operating system.

There's a chapter to install the prerequisites for OpenSuse (which you probably read) and then you just need to follow the generic Unix instructions (Chapter 9) to configure your environment and build OMNeT.
Every thing is inside the manual.

aadhiya thomas

Sep 23, 2014, 12:26:58 AM9/23/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
its easy

first download the tar file into a dir where u want ur omnet++

let me giv u an example.
i used centos operating system

and i downloaded and extracted omnet4.1 into tmp directory

after u extract it.go to the terminal
use root mood by command su for centos

cd/tmp/omnetpp-4.1
thn type ./configure

if any of the required files are missing it will be told to you in the terminal
for example if gcc is not there it will tell you what gcc you want.
so thn u install it either using yum install command in terminal or there is an option add/remove software where u just type the name of the package that you want and it will install for you

if configuration is done it will tell u to export path and tcl

export PATH=$PATH.......
copy paste that in the terminal

also open another terminal
rootmood
type gedit ~./bash_profile
under the few lines which are already present in that file copy paste this same export statements then save
close that terminal

now in the terminal which is open type./configure again
if the path is successfully taken it will give u a message path present good

thn next step is make

if no error u can type omnetpp to open the ide

Michael Kirsche

Sep 23, 2014, 5:46:56 AM9/23/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Except you should not ./configure or ./make OMNeT in a root/su shell. A normal, non-elevated shell is sufficient.
Just install all the required packages beforehand, the installation manual has a list.

aadhiya thomas

Sep 23, 2014, 7:21:55 AM9/23/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
will there be any problem if we do ./configure from root

aadhiya thomas

Sep 23, 2014, 7:25:07 AM9/23/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
there one more doubt i would like to ask.

i tried to run the voipstream examples .so i installed ffmpeg 2.4 to my system and am using omnet4.5
but i get error cannot load libinet.so:undefined symbol av_register_all

please help

what must i do to slove this error

Michael Kirsche

Sep 23, 2014, 8:10:01 AM9/23/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Whenever you try to modify or overwrite files that have been compiled on a root shell without superuser rights, you would then run into trouble.
OMNeT doesn't need to be build with superuser rights.

As for the VoIP stream examples, you are using Linux right?

The readme says:

VoIPStream requires "devel" packages of the avcodec, avformat and avutil
libraries
(parts of FFmpeg) to be installed on your system. On Ubuntu, these
packages can be installed
with the following command:

$ sudo apt
-get install libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev libavutil-dev

Apart from that I have no clue.

aadhiya thomas

Sep 24, 2014, 12:33:15 AM9/24/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
am using centos6

i installed ffmpeg 2.4 which has all these bt still getting error with libinet.so

aadhiya thomas

Sep 24, 2014, 12:37:27 AM9/24/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
thank you for the reply.
can you suggest whom shall i consult about this problem.its very urgent i need it for my project.

Michael Kirsche

Sep 24, 2014, 4:37:53 AM9/24/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Probably the original authors of the VoIP package or the maintainers of the VoIPStream code in INET.

Gyanprakash Mishra

Sep 30, 2014, 6:37:17 AM9/30/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Wheen I typed these commands:

$ cd samples/dyna
$ ./dyna

I an getting the following error message:

./dyna: error while loading shared libraries: libmpi_cxx.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Gyanprakash Mishra

Oct 1, 2014, 12:35:31 AM10/1/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I am installing ccnSim for my thesis work. After installation of omnet I followed the commands give in ccnSim-0.1 installation guide.
ccnSim@sushi:~$ unzip ccnSim-0.1.zip
ccnSim@sushi:~$ cp ccnSim-0.1/patch/ctopology.h omnet4.1/include
ccnSim@sushi:~$ cp ccnSim-0.1/patch/ctopology.cc omnet4.1/src/sim
ccnSim@sushi:~$ cd ~/omnet4.1
ccnSim@sushi:~/omnet4.1$ make
ccnSim@sushi:~/omnet4.1$ cd ~/ccnSim-0.1
ccnSim@sushi:~/ccnSim-0.1$ opp_makemake -f --deep -X patch
ccnSim@sushi:~/ccnSim-0.1$ make

when I executed last make command, after long execution I got the following error message:

 ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [out/gcc-debug//ccnSim-0.1] Error 1

dimpal sutar

Oct 10, 2016, 12:16:47 AM10/10/16
to OMNeT++ Users
I'm facing d same error, If you have solved it, pls let me know!!