INET and the .oppfeatures file

Pedro Evangelista

Apr 2, 2012, 7:01:23 PM4/2/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello all!

I was wondering if somebody already created a project features file for inet-20111118. I did some searching but I couldn't find it.

Thanks!

Rudolf Hornig

Apr 3, 2012, 4:30:10 AM4/3/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm afraid it's not just that simple. To create a separate feature the related code must be clearly separated from the rest of the code base (i.e. when you build your project with the feature turned off, it must be able to successfully compile and it must work correctly). When we introduced the project feature file in the integration branch we've made extensive changes to the original code base to meet this requirement. Files were moved around and we made extensive refactoring, added a lot of IFDEFs etc. As the 20111118 version was meant to be 'stable' it was not feasible to backport these changes.

In short, the current stable version is not suitable for 'project features'

Rudolf