Learning OMNET++ from basic.

Athar Sethi

Apr 12, 2012, 7:29:32 AM4/12/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com

I am new to OMNET++, can anyone guide me how to quickly learn omnet++, i not came across any book for it. Any web tutorials or lectures available?

samaneh rastegari

Apr 12, 2012, 9:08:29 AM4/12/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Try those TicToc Examples in omnet. You can learn the basics step by step.

Best,
Samaneh

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM, Athar Sethi <athar...@gmail.com> wrote:

I am new to OMNET++, can anyone guide me how to quickly learn omnet++, i not came across any book for it. Any web tutorials or lectures available?

Athar Sethi

Apr 12, 2012, 10:09:39 PM4/12/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Samaneh,

You are right, Thank you so much.

Best Regards,
Athar Sethi

Carlo

Apr 13, 2012, 4:32:21 AM4/13/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
After the tictoc tutorial i found useful this example
http://ctieware.eng.monash.edu.au/twiki/bin/view/Simulation/AddingASimpleRoutingTable

and the other tutorial in this site!
Message has been deleted

Carlo

Apr 13, 2012, 5:24:17 AM4/13/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Athar Sethi

Apr 13, 2012, 5:24:21 AM4/13/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much for shairing this link. I liked the page and examples.

adib_sairi

Apr 17, 2012, 7:06:53 AM4/17/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

i also new in omnet++, i try to follow the tictoc tutorial, however i come to this error wile compiling the code using "make"

i am running my omnet++ 4.2.2 on windows7.

i would really appreciate any input from anyone.

best regards,
Adib

Thomas Chamberlain

Sep 22, 2013, 7:44:16 AM9/22/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi. I've recently written a book that has been published calling "Learning OMNeT++". It's aimed at people that want to learn quickly in a way that's fun and easy, you can find it here: http://www.packtpub.com/learning-realistic-insightful-network-simulations-with-omnetpp/book

Izaz Ahmad Khan

Dec 14, 2015, 11:51:27 AM12/14/15
to OMNeT++ Users
Dear Sir,

I cannot connect two simple modules. The channel is not connecting.It disappears. I know this is a very very basic question, but i have just started working in Omnet++.

Regards
Azaz

Rudolf Hornig

Dec 16, 2015, 10:40:41 AM12/16/15
to OMNeT++ Users
Have you properly added gates (in/out) to your modules? Without gates you wont be able to connect any modules.

chitsu...@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2015, 2:34:11 AM12/21/15
to OMNeT++ Users
Do you know "The simulation project in OMNeT++" video file search in Youtube.
It's very helpful for new user of OMNeT++.

chitsu...@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2015, 2:42:06 AM12/21/15
to OMNeT++ Users
I'm also new user in OMNeT++.

You should add gates as follow:
simple Txc1
{
    gates:
        input in;
        output out;
}
you can find eg in TicToc.follow as that.

mukhtar mohammed

Feb 22, 2017, 7:45:31 AM2/22/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Dear Thomas Chamberlain & OMNeT++ Colleagues
is it possible to simulate Fog-integrated Cloud of Things network scenarios for healthcare solutions?

Many thanks

Mukhtar Mohammed

Feb 22, 2017, 8:02:14 AM2/22/17
to OMNeT++ Users
I mean using OMNeT++ framework
and if it is possible can you share with me some ideas to achieve this properly

Thanks a lot