omnet - send message for x seconds ?

Rayane Sibaï

Nov 20, 2014, 9:26:26 AM11/20/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello every one,
My question is how to send a message from node to another node for a specific duration, for example send a message for 4 sec ?
Thx,

Michael Kirsche

Nov 23, 2014, 11:52:50 AM11/23/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
You mean the transmission should take 4 seconds?
A simplified way would be via a delay channel with a 4sec transmission delay.
Check the manual on delay channels for an example.

Rayane Sibaï

Nov 23, 2014, 12:52:43 PM11/23/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Michael, thx for your reply,
I want that a message will be sent for x number in 4 seconds, for example, if the transmission delay of a single message is 0.5 sec,  8 messages should be sent within 4 seconds.
Another example is : If simtime () = 5:20:40, i want to send message while simtime () <= 5:20:44.

Michael Kirsche

Nov 23, 2014, 1:06:56 PM11/23/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Message duration (question 1) and message will be sent for x number (question 2) are two different things / questions.
You can easily achieve the second (sent multiple times with a specific time in-between) with timers / self-messages.