How to apply protocol into the network simulation?

Yuanyuan Shi

Aug 21, 2014, 10:25:06 PM8/21/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Hi, everyone,

I am a new user to Omnet++ and I'm really stuck at implementing the network protocols in Omnet++ for several weeks. Could somebody good at Omnet++ offer me some help?

I built a simple network like TICTOC in Omnet++, tic send a message (like: measurement=3A ) to toc. When toc receives the Cmessage, it needs to get the value and do some further process.

The problem is as below:
I want to define the specific protocols for their communication --- the transport layer, network layer and physical layer as TCP, IP and optical fiber. I found several modules in inet library but I donnot know how to use these module in my application to transport the specific message (measurement=3A ) from tic to toc

Thanks so much for reading and really hope you can offer me some help.
Have a nice day:)