Is the current version of Veins (Veins 3.0 ) based on Mixim ?

Kifayat Ullah

Sep 25, 2014, 8:12:58 AM9/25/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello.
Today, I imported the latest version of Veins in OMNET++. I successfully run the erlangen example without mixim and inet frameworks.
My question is that whether the current version is based on mixim and inet ? If yes, how is possible to run the erlangen example in the absence of mixim and inet frameworks.
Thanks

Christoph Sommer

Sep 25, 2014, 8:33:58 AM9/25/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Kifayat Ullah wrote:
> My question is that whether the current version is based on mixim and
> inet

Veins 3.0 includes the part of MiXiM that allows it to calculate, e.g.,
compound SINR of two transmissions.
Veins 3.0 does not include the INET Framework. It is not necessary for
vehicular network simulation in general.

In cases where it is necessary to simulate, e.g., TCP or HTTP, Veins 3.0
can be linked with the INET Framework.

Best,

Christoph