TCPSACK Model - REXMIT Timer

Kike Ledesma

Nov 22, 2014, 6:20:35 PM11/22/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a Client-Router-Server (tcpsack) model.

Which is the cause that no packets are transmitted and the REXMIT Timer expired?.

Regards,

TCP-CongestionWindow-REXMIT.jpg

Michael Tuexen

Nov 23, 2014, 6:59:18 AM11/23/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Just guessing from the figure. If the window is 0, the sender does zero window probing,
which means after a timeout it sends a byte, but thats it. The sender can't send more
due to flow control.

Best regards
Michael

> Regards,
>

> --
> <TCP-CongestionWindow-REXMIT.jpg>

Kike Ledesma

Nov 29, 2014, 6:32:18 PM11/29/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com, michael...@lurchi.franken.de
Ok. I'm just studying congestion control. How I can disable flow control (AdvertisedWindow)?.

Best regards,

Michael Tuexen

Nov 30, 2014, 4:42:21 AM11/30/14
to Kike Ledesma, omn...@googlegroups.com
On 30 Nov 2014, at 00:32, Kike Ledesma <kikel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok. I'm just studying congestion control. How I can disable flow control (AdvertisedWindow)?.
You can't disable it. But you can set the advertised receiver window to a large
value such that flow control does not kick in.

Best regards
Michael