PROBLEM: can't run inet examples with OMNET++ 4.4.1 in win 7 (64bit)

Modafar shaker

Jul 11, 2014, 6:34:11 PM7/11/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com

PROBLEM: can't run inet examples with OMNET++ 4.4.1 in win 7 (64bit)

it say's (can't commit memory)!!!!
)
But, can run OMNET++ example beautifully (like dyna

modafar

Jul 11, 2014, 6:36:22 PM7/11/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com

modafar

Jul 11, 2014, 6:37:28 PM7/11/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
also, can't build the MiXiM model, I think that's because the dependecy between Inet and Mixim, right?

modafar

Jul 11, 2014, 6:58:14 PM7/11/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, the error is:
 (omnetpp-4.4.1\msys\bin\make.exe: *** couldn't commit memory for cygwin heap, Win32 error 0
make: *** [all] Error 1
make: INTERNAL: Exiting with 1 jobserver tokens available; should be 4!)

modafar

Jul 11, 2014, 6:59:45 PM7/11/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I've checked the group for similar problems and tried all the work-arrounds but with no luck, I wonder if the developing team has worked on it??!!

Michael Kirsche

Jul 13, 2014, 5:57:08 AM7/13/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
"Tried all the work-arounds"... what exactly did you try?
Building INET usually leads to the cygwin can't commit memory error and after continue building INET another time (sometimes two times) the error disappears.

modafar

Jul 13, 2014, 8:22:48 AM7/13/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello Michael

thanks for replying,

some post suggested that you add an inet.xml file to the inet directory then building it. another suggested to run omnetpp.exe in compatibility mode (win XP SP 2).
tried all that with no luck.
also, tried to compile the project several times, but the same error persists.

Thanks

Modafar

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jul 14, 2014, 4:02:34 AM7/14/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Continue compiling, the compilation will continue in the point where it failed

this is a problem with the compiler not with omnet

Rudolf Hornig

Jul 14, 2014, 4:46:01 AM7/14/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
All those "supposed fixes" are totally unrelated to the issue that the BASH shell (in MSYS (the unix like tools bundled with OMNeT++) sometimes causes this memory corruption. As MSYS developemet is more or less stopped I don't expect this to be fixed very soon. Until the new MSYS2 tools (developed along with MINGW64) are stable enough, we have to stick with MSYS and deal with this.

Just continue the build process as others suggested and everything will be fine.
Rudolf