using handlePositionUpdate for RSU unit

Milica Milojevic

Oct 18, 2014, 10:04:16 PM10/18/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am using Veins-3.0 version where RSU units are embedded. Is it possible to use handlePositionUpdate function from BaseWaveAppLayer (like in TraCIDemo11p), since TraCIDemoRSU11p class is derived from this class? If not, what  other function can I use as the one which will be called every update interval?

Thank you,
Milica

Christoph Sommer

Oct 20, 2014, 8:01:28 AM10/20/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Milica Milojevic wrote:
> Is it possible to use handlePositionUpdate function [for RSUs?]

RSUs are not subject to position updates, so (if I recall correctly) the
handlePositionUpdate method will not be called.

> If not, what other function can I use as the one which will be called every update interval?

If you want to call a method every, e.g., 100ms, you will need to let
the module schedule a `self message' every 100ms, just like in the
TicToc tutorial. I'm afraid I do not know of an easier way.

Best,

Christoph

--
Dr. Christoph Sommer
Distributed Embedded Systems Group

Milica Milojevic

Oct 21, 2014, 4:41:01 PM10/21/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Christoph,

Thank you for your answer. I did like that and it' s working fine.

Regards,
Milica