Problem installing IDE for omnet++ 4.4.1 on mac os x

kiana khademi

Sep 19, 2014, 4:01:43 PM9/19/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I try to install Omnet++ and i use $make and there is no errors then i confiured and it was ok but when i type to run the IDE it doesn't work as well .
terminal.jpg

Rudolf Hornig

Sep 22, 2014, 4:23:40 AM9/22/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
The install file (tgz) is most likely corrupted. It clearly shows that the IDE directory is missing from the archive file. Redownload the file and check whether the MD5 sum matches with the one indicated on the website.

kiana khademi

Sep 22, 2014, 12:13:26 PM9/22/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I did exactly what u said but he problem is still exist .

Rudolf Hornig

Sep 24, 2014, 5:30:15 AM9/24/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Please use the Linux/MAC version of OMNeT++ (tar.gz) and NOT the windows versipn (ZIP)

kiana khademi

Sep 24, 2014, 9:58:03 AM9/24/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
i used mac version and it is not the problem .the problem is that there is no ide that after installing omnet++ can run it .

Best Regards
Kiana Khademi

Rudolf Hornig

Sep 25, 2014, 4:35:01 AM9/25/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi, the tar.gz version clearly has the necessary files. Could you post the md5 hash of the archive you are trying to extract?

Also check manually whether the ide/macosx directory is indeed missing.

On Friday, September 19, 2014 4:01:43 PM UTC-4, kiana khademi wrote:
Hi
I try to install Omnet++ and i use $make and there is no errors then i confiured and it was ok but when i type to run the IDE it doesn't work as well .

kiana khademi

Sep 25, 2014, 9:56:34 AM9/25/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
how can i know the MD5 of archive ?there is IDE in mac osx
 directory .

Rudolf Hornig

Sep 26, 2014, 10:24:47 AM9/26/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
$ md5 omnetpp-4.4.1-src.tgz

kiana khademi

Sep 27, 2014, 12:11:47 PM9/27/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
​This my md5 i got a picture from my terminal.​

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 10:24 AM, Rudolf Hornig <ru...@omnetpp.org> wrote:
$ md5 omnetpp-4.4.1-src.tgz
Snip20140927_1.png

Rudolf Hornig

Sep 29, 2014, 5:19:37 AM9/29/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Indeed, you are using the right archive to install. Please check what is inside the omnetpp_root/ide directory!
A proper installation should contain a 'macosx' directory inside the 'ide' dir.

$ cd ide
$ ls -l