How can I change model structure dynamically at simulation runtime ?

Yakup Dogan

Oct 20, 2014, 6:35:08 AM10/20/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Hi all together,

I have embedded OMNeT++ for my own purpose. So I changed the simulation environment (Cmdenvir) that

a) I can make single steps and
b) I can change the parameter values between the steps

But nevertheless, the changed parameters have no influence to the model structure.

The model structure (network) is a binary tree, where
a) the root is the whole network
b) the inner nodes are compound modules and
c) the leafs are simple modules.

In my case, a cashpoint system "EasyCash" (see appendix), which is a compound module with a set of cashpoints. The number of cashpoint is set by the parameter "cashpointNumber".
So if the parameter cashpointNumber will change at simulation-runtime, the structure of the network must be change.

For that, I have to
a) change the parameter values in the configuration object (SectionBasedConfiguration) and
b) build the network again

The problem in building the network completely again is, that the model state will be lost.

So I search for a way to change the network dynamically without building it completely again. Instead only cashpoint should be deleted or added.

Thank you for your help !

EasyCash.ned