Simulating Radio Jamming in Veins

Mani Amoozadeh

Sep 16, 2014, 6:25:57 PM9/16/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am using Veins to simulate a simple radio jamming attack, but I have trouble in getting it work.
I have an adversary node that is trying to broadcast dummy messages into CCH periodically with short intervals (0.005s), in order to jam the CCH channel. Vehicles are beaconing in CCH with 0.1 interval. But it seems that all vehicles can receive and decode beacons messages of other vehicles every time without any problem.
the MAC layer says:
Packet is fine! We can decode it packet was received correctly, it is now handed to upper layer... 1e-11 > 1.25893e-09 = 0
How can I make the radio jamming work?

Thanks!

- Mani

Christoph Sommer

Sep 16, 2014, 6:35:39 PM9/16/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mani,

It's a long shot, but your adversary might be using the default 802.11 MAC. In that case, instead of jamming the channel, it will leave a fair share of the channel to competing nodes - achieving the stated design goal of 802.11, but unfortunately not yours.

Best,

Christoph