How to a new routing protocol in INET framework

Nishant Gupta

Apr 20, 2014, 5:39:56 AM4/20/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I want to create my own routing protocol like AODV, DSR , Batman in manetrouting  module  in INET framework.
can any one tell me how to do that

Rudolf Hornig

Apr 23, 2014, 5:47:14 AM4/23/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
It would be much better if you follow how the new routing protocols in INET 2.3 are implemented. You can find them in networklayer/routing (instead of the manetrouting folder). (you will find some examples there (dymo, gpsr, rip)). A rewritten AODV module is also in progress and several routing protocols were ported from MIXIM, too. These are available in the integration branch at the moment.

the protocols in the networklayer/manetrouting are almost all based on external code that was adopted to INET so it's quite hard to follow them. If you want to implement a routing protocol for INET, I strongly suggest to use the the protocols in networklayer/routing as a starting point.

Rudolf

Rasha Kaiss

May 4, 2014, 11:26:17 AM5/4/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
please Mr Rudolf
could u help me to implement GPSR in traci-launchd example ??
thank u too much in advance