DYMO

Mohsen Sichani

Sep 1, 2014, 4:06:03 AM9/1/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys

I was wondering if anybody could answer my question.

Imagine that the client has received a RREP, and has sent a data request to the server, but after a few milisecond, or ... it receives a newer and better RREP, What does actually the client do in this situation?

Regards
Mohsen

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Sep 1, 2014, 9:24:41 AM9/1/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com

The protocol select the best

Mohsen Sichani

Sep 2, 2014, 3:33:51 AM9/2/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi dear Alfonso

I greatly admire your thoughtfulness, I think I was not able to ask my question clearly.

Please consider the following scenario.

            B          C
A                                       D

A broadcasts a RREQ for D. Only B and E will receive that. D receives it first via C. (A->B->C->D), because D has not received any other RREQ, it will reply by a RREP (D has not received it from E due a temporary congestion). This RREP will travel back to A (D->C->B->A). In this time A sends a data request to D by broadcasting it. Because B has set a pointer to D and A, it will forward it to C and C sends it to D.

At this time,  D receives the RREQ which was sent by A earlier via E (same Sequence Number) with a better metric. I guess D will discard this RREQ because it has replied to the same sequence number earlier.

If I consider this scenario correct,  another question arises in my mind. How much D will wait before replying to the first RREQ that it has received, because it may receive another RREQ from another path with better metric later (maybe some milliseconds later).

I greatly appreciate your support.

Thanks a million
Mohsen

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Sep 2, 2014, 7:22:57 AM9/2/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com

The node check that the seq number and the number of hops, the actions are:

if the seq number is newer the node answer.

If the seq number is the same and the number of hops is lower the node answer

In other case discard

Mohsen Sichani

Sep 3, 2014, 1:54:12 AM9/3/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com