send msg between two cars (by use Adr Mac) veins

fekair mohammed

Oct 30, 2014, 6:10:00 AM10/30/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Hello

I 'am now going for developed a routing protocol for vanet by use veins+ sumo in omnet++

I developed simple algorithm for sharing information route between cars by use WSM and transmit it broadcasting

Now my problem. What basic communication WSM protocol use (broadcast, unicast, or two)? Where in MIXIM WSM use broadcast but in draft the IEEE (IEEE Standard for Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments (WAVE)—Networking Services) is possible use filed Peer MAC address for destination_address . That is means we can use WSM for communication unicast

How transmit msg by use address MAC

Stefano Anzilotti

Oct 31, 2014, 7:53:31 AM10/31/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fekair Mohammed,
for now I do not know answer to your question, but I would like to know if you are able to run your code. I am doing a job similar to yours for my thesis, but I can run only the default sample folder of Veins.

If your code runs, I can make you see the error that I get in my code?

Thank you in advance

P.S. in the near future we may also compare our codes

Stefano Anzilotti

fekair mohammed

Nov 2, 2014, 8:15:53 AM11/2/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
i change TraciDemo11p for our objective where change msg between cars , wich i want know how to send msg by using MAC adresse destination

Mats Pfeiffer

Nov 3, 2014, 9:57:53 AM11/3/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
TraciDemo11p extends BaseWaveApplLayer and other classes which use IEEE80211p. If you havent changed this classes you can just broadcast messages in your network. Thats the way wireless networks work. Wireless clients just listen to the wireless stream and react if they listen their own address.