calculating end-to-end delay and PDR in AODVUU

Sh Asaadi

Apr 8, 2014, 8:54:47 AM4/8/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
I want to calculate the end-to-end delay from a node to destination during run time for a purpose. also PDR from a source to destination in AODVUU (net80211_aodv).
Could anyone please help me?
Thanks in advance.
Message has been deleted

Ronnie

Apr 8, 2014, 9:24:14 AM4/8/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
UDPBasicBurst provides you with end-to-end delay as well as end to end pdr.

Just make sure both source and destination are  "UDPBasicBurst".
Because UDPSink acts as a udp packet dump.

Regards,
Ronnie

Shima Asaadi

Apr 8, 2014, 9:34:21 AM4/8/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com, rehan...@gmail.com
Thank you for your reply dear Ronnie.
do you mean i set the
**.fixhost[0].udpAppType = "UDPBasicBurst"
**.host[*].udpApp[*].typename = "UDPBasicBurst"

and disable :
**.fixhost[0].udpApp[*].typename = "UDPSink"   ?

because my destination is fixhost[0]:   **.udpApp[0].destAddresses = "fixhost[0]"

and would u please tell me if it is possible to access these values (endtoend , PDR) during runtime? is there any access function? (i want to calculate sth).
Thanks.

Best Regards,
Shima Asaadi,
Tehran Polytechnic, Iran

Ronnie

Apr 8, 2014, 9:47:54 AM4/8/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com, rehan...@gmail.com
Yes.
**.fixhost[0].udpApp[*].typename = "UDPBasicBurst"

In UDPBasicBurst.h, you will find the related counters

    int numSent;
    int numReceived;

For a particular node these counters will give you the number of packets sent and received by the udp layer

Shima Asaadi

Apr 8, 2014, 10:05:59 AM4/8/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com, rehan...@gmail.com
Many thanks Ronnie.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Apr 8, 2014, 10:10:39 AM4/8/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com

In the sca files you have the total number of packet sent, the total number of packets received and the delay

Pdr = packets received/total sent

Shima Asaadi

Apr 8, 2014, 10:18:55 AM4/8/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Thank u Alfonso.
I want to know can I extract these values in my code to make decision in my algorithm? for example if the delay is more  than a threshold do sth else...

Shima Asaadi

Apr 8, 2014, 12:33:11 PM4/8/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com, Rehan Shah
Dear Ronnie, one another simple question. in UDPBasicBurst which parameter is for endtoend delay?
thanks

Shima Asaadi

Apr 9, 2014, 4:14:30 AM4/9/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com, Rehan Shah
Hi,
I dont see delay parameter in UDPBasibBurst like numSent and numReceived... where is the delay? (I am working with inet framework.)
+
Do you know how to calculate delay between a node and its neighbor? also delivery ratio (after a period of time) between a node and its neighbor?

I would really appreciate if you could help me. thanks.

Shima Asaadi

Apr 13, 2014, 4:15:33 AM4/13/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com, aari...@hotmail.com
Hi,
Would please answer my question.
I am using inet framework, Do you know how to calculate delay between a node and its 1-hop neighbor? also delivery ratio (after a period of time) between a node and its neighbor in inet framework?
Thanks in advance.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Apr 13, 2014, 8:16:44 AM4/13/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I have never tested this feature, but the ETX module can (in theory) measure the ETT

From: shima....@gmail.com
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 12:45:33 +0430
Subject: Re: [Omnetpp-l] Re: calculating end-to-end delay and PDR in AODVUU
To: omn...@googlegroups.com
CC: aari...@hotmail.com

Shima Asaadi

Apr 19, 2014, 7:36:59 AM4/19/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com, aari...@hotmail.com
Dear Alfonso,
I am using inet 2.2 and I don't see delay parameter in UDPBasicBurst, but it exist in inetmanet framework. Is there any parameter related to delay in inet?
if No, Can I copy the .cc and .h files I have modified in inetmanet (e.g. aodv_rreq.cc ... ) , or I should write the code again in inetmanet?
Many thanks for your helpful descriptions...

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Apr 19, 2014, 2:19:18 PM4/19/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com

From: shima....@gmail.com
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 16:06:59 +0430

Sin título 1.pdf

Shima Asaadi

Apr 19, 2014, 2:39:44 PM4/19/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Oh thank you,
I meant this parameter in the code in udpbasicburst.cc or some where else... like numSent for the number of the packets sent to the destination...
Many thanks,

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Apr 20, 2014, 8:10:44 AM4/20/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
it is registered like statictis in the ned file, it uses signals to register the information, see in the manual about this
how to use signal for statistics

From: shima....@gmail.com
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 23:09:44 +0430

Ibrahim Khan

Aug 7, 2015, 3:15:57 AM8/7/15
to OMNeT++ Users, aari...@hotmail.com
But dear Alfonso the values of send and recieved are not correct.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Aug 14, 2015, 5:03:43 AM8/14/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the delay I am on holidays and I have a bad internet service this month.

What do you want to express whit the values send and received aren't correct?
At least the send values must be correct

Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 00:15:57 -0700
From: ibrahim...@gmail.com
To: omn...@googlegroups.com
CC: aari...@hotmail.com
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OMNeT++ Users" group.

Ibrahim Khan

Sep 3, 2015, 1:47:58 PM9/3/15
to OMNeT++ Users, aari...@hotmail.com
DeAR Alfanso!

Nice to see your on time response. . If you say sent are correct. then what is the problem with received. In order to calculate PDR both send and received need to be correct.
Kindly do an example at your end  that calculates the PDR and send and received values are correct and publish it here . It will be a great help.

Thank you

Ibrahim Khan

Sep 3, 2015, 2:16:20 PM9/3/15
to OMNeT++ Users, aari...@hotmail.com
Alfanso !

After running the simulation, I got 125 packets from all the nodes which were sender and only one destination that received 25 packets. My question is why 125 from each of the node. Are they sending equal number of packets one after another or something else. Kindly answer these questions.. If anyone else can answer the question they should also. Like Michal Rudolf.

Thanks

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Sep 4, 2015, 5:18:52 AM9/4/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Have you check that exist connectivity between all nodes?

If the network topology is disjoint some nodes will never receive any data

Ibrahim Khan

Sep 4, 2015, 10:56:31 AM9/4/15
to OMNeT++ Users, aari...@hotmail.com
Yeah I know. what should i Do, in order to perform udp delivery only when path exist between nodes. If their is no path then node shouldn't deliver udp packet.

Thanks

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Sep 7, 2015, 7:36:02 AM9/7/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com

It is possible to determine the position of the nodes and using Dijkstra to determine if exist a path, but this consume a lot of resources because it is necessary to compute the path for every packet, the simulation will consume a lot of time.

Ibrahim Khan

Oct 11, 2015, 1:37:45 AM10/11/15
to OMNeT++ Users, aari...@hotmail.com
Dear Alfanso what should we do in order to calculate the Packet delivery ratio in a correct way. As we know the packet delivery ratio using this example always results in zero. One possible solution may be to drop packets based in some condition. but what should be a realistic condition that can lead to packet drop. Kindly explain the  possible solution(s) by a short example. It should be a great help to the research community.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Oct 13, 2015, 3:41:55 AM10/13/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com

The problem is that application doesn’t know if a route it is possible, it is a reactive protocol, it is possible that exist a valid route but the route hasn’t been searched yet, with a proactive protocol it is possible to search in the routing table before, but with a reactive protocol it is impossible

Ibrahim Khan

Oct 13, 2015, 10:55:58 AM10/13/15
to OMNeT++ Users, aari...@hotmail.com
Dear Alfanso

Let me know how can we calculate PDR in case of AODV example of Inet with udp traffic.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Oct 13, 2015, 10:58:26 AM10/13/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com

The UDP source (at least UDPBasicBurst can) writes in the sca file the total number of packets sent and received for every node, if you export the results to a file you can easily compute the PDR

PDR = total received/total sent

Ibrahim Khan

Oct 14, 2015, 5:39:14 AM10/14/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Yes thats what i know. Problem is that their are no packets which drop. So PDR is always 100%. What if we want to calculate some realistic value of PDR.

Thanks

IBRAHIM

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Oct 14, 2015, 5:41:11 AM10/14/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com

How many flows are you using?

If you are using only a flow the PDR is near to 100%, but if the number of flows is increased the collisions and interferences will increase also

Ibrahim Khan

Oct 14, 2015, 5:47:16 AM10/14/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
ok mean how much we have to use. . Yes you are right i used one flow. have you an example that use multiple flows.!

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Oct 14, 2015, 5:50:50 AM10/14/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Increase the number of sources/destinations

Ibrahim Khan

Oct 14, 2015, 5:52:09 AM10/14/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
sources are enough but i have to increase destination. Thank you for response.

Ibrahim Khan

Oct 14, 2015, 5:53:06 AM10/14/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Alfanso!

Do you have skype.! SO that sometimes we can discuss problem in more accurate way.
--
IBRAHIM

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Oct 14, 2015, 5:53:33 AM10/14/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com

If you have several sources you can increase also the number of packets per second that the sources send

Ibrahim Khan

Oct 14, 2015, 5:54:45 AM10/14/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
what parameter we have to change in order to increase number of packets per second.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Oct 14, 2015, 5:57:22 AM10/14/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com

sendInterval

Ibrahim Khan

Oct 14, 2015, 6:13:06 AM10/14/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
should we increase the value of sendInterval or decrease.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Oct 15, 2015, 3:48:28 AM10/15/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Smaller times implies a bigger rate of packets