Veins Error

Emmanuel

Mar 31, 2012, 9:12:40 AM3/31/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I I am following the tutorials on vein all the steps works correctly however the last stage testing Veins leads the program bein crushed uppon running. I refer to the FAQ and saw that i needed to check my personal firewall,I  allowed my personal firewall through port 9999 but when i run the sumo-launchd.py file it keeps listening on port 9999 forever,  as shown below . Please help me out with steps i can take to correct this error.

emma@emma-PC /c/Users/emma/src
$ /c/Users/emma/src/veins-2.0-rc1/sumo-launchd.py  -vv  -c  /c/Users/emma
/src/sumo-0.13.1/bin/sumo.exe
Logging to c:/Users/wiseborn/src/sumo-0.13.1/bin/sumo.exe
Listening on port 9999

Thank you!

David Eckhoff

Mar 31, 2012, 1:45:49 PM3/31/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Emmanuel,

> I I am following the tutorials on vein all the steps works correctly
> however the last stage testing Veins leads the program bein crushed
> uppon running.

I cannot see any 'crash' in your mail. What does the OMNeT++ output say?

> when i run the sumo-launchd.py file it keeps listening on port 9999
> forever, as shown below . Please help me out with steps i can take to
> correct this error.

It seems that the TraCIScenarioManager (the OMNeT++ side of veins) is
not connecting to the sumo-launchd. How did you start your simulation?

Greetings,
David

--
Dipl.-Inf. Univ. David Eckhoff
Computer Networks and Communication Systems

Emmanuel Asamoah

Apr 1, 2012, 2:47:57 AM4/1/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
David,
Thanks for your response, how do i get the omnet++ to connect with the
sumo-launchd-py i have enabled all personal firewalls. This is the
crush message i got when i ran the simulation. This was done by right
clicking on veins/examples/veins/omnetpp.ini and choosed Run As
OMNeT++ simulation
Pls help me out thanks

Starting...

$ cd C:/Users/ema/src/veins-2.0-rc1/examples/veins
$ veins.exe -r 0 -n ..;../../src;../../tests -l
../../tests/power/utils/powerTestUtils -l
../../tests/testUtils/miximtestUtils -l ../../src/base/miximbase -l
../../src/modules/miximmodules omnetpp.ini

OMNeT++ Discrete Event Simulation (C) 1992-2011 Andras Varga, OpenSim Ltd.
Version: 4.2, build: 111116-7631e2d, edition: Academic Public License
-- NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE
See the license for distribution terms and warranty disclaimer
Setting up Tkenv...

C:\Users\ema\src\veins-2.0-rc1\examples\veins\bitmaps: *: 0
abstract/*: 90 background/*: 4 block/*: 320 device/*: 195 maps/*:
9 misc/*: 70 msg/*: 55 old/*: 111 status/*: 28

Plugin path: ./plugins

RUNTIME ERROR. A cRuntimeError exception is about to be thrown, and you
requested (by setting debug-on-errors=true in the ini file) that errors
abort execution and break into the debugger.

You should now probably be running the simulation under gdb or another
debugger. The simulation kernel will now raise a SIGABRT signal which will
get you into the debugger. If you are not running under a debugger, you can
still use the core dump for post-mortem debugging. Once in the debugger,
view the call stack (in gdb: "bt" command) to see the context of the
runtime error.

<!> Error in module (TraCIScenarioManagerLaunchd) scenario.manager
(id=6) during network initialization: Model error: Could not connect
to TraCI server. Make sure it is running and not behind a firewall.
Error message: 10061: Unknown error.

TRAPPING on the exception above, due to a debug-on-errors=true
configuration option. Is your debugger ready?

Christoph Sommer

Apr 1, 2012, 4:28:45 AM4/1/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Emmanuel,

Emmanuel Asamoah wrote:

>> Emmanuel Asamoah wrote:
>>>
>>> when i run the sumo-launchd.py file it keeps listening on port 9999
>>> forever
>

> [OMNeT++ output] Model error: Could not connect

> to TraCI server. Make sure it is running and not behind a firewall.
> Error message: 10061: Unknown error.
>

> i have enabled all personal firewalls. [...] Pls help me out thanks

If sumo-launchd.py is running and OMNeT++ cannot connect to it at all
("connection refused"), I am quite sure that a personal firewall is to
blame.

Your IT department should be able to add an exception to your
computer's personal firewall, allowing OMNeT++ to communicate with
sumo-launchd (and sumo-launchd to communicate with SUMO). You might also
want to try temporarily disabling your personal firewall.

Best,

Christoph

Neeraj Mudgil

Apr 1, 2012, 12:15:05 PM4/1/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello Emmannuel,

It appears that you are using windows. I also faced the same problem
when I was trying to run veins example on windows even if I was not
connected to time. But surprisingly when I uses openSuse 11.4
everything works correctly. I do not know what is reason for this...
As even in the veins tutorial our operating system is assumed to be
windows and everything is shown to be working correctly.

You can also try it with openSuse or some non windows system.

> --

Neeraj Mudgil
M.Tech Computer Engg.(2010-12)
NIT Kurukshetra
Contact: 09992300873
*
**(¨`·.·´¨) Alwayz
`·.¸(¨`·.·´¨) Keep
(¨`·.·´¨)¸.·´ Smiling!
`·.¸.·´ *

Sagar Pareek

Apr 1, 2012, 12:33:08 PM4/1/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
try ubuntu...
best one...
KIND REGARDS --
SAGAR PAREEK
COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
NIT ALLAHABAD

Emmanuel

Apr 2, 2012, 5:03:18 AM4/2/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to all,
I have disabled my firewall but still no way out. I am working on installing on Ubuntu any tutorials as to building and installing veins on Ubuntu,

Thanks

Sagar Pareek

Apr 2, 2012, 4:01:32 PM4/2/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Tutorial is on same source where u got it for windows...