Re: [Omnetpp-l] Digest for omnetpp@googlegroups.com - 12 updates in 7 topics

Saneeha Ahmed

Aug 20, 2014, 7:18:12 PM8/20/14
to omnetpp
dear all,
is any one familiar with this error.
Inline image 1

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 3:54 AM, <omn...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Andris Skrastins <askrast...@gmail.com>: Aug 19 10:49PM -0700

How to implement data input from file? I need to realize that the host
read .sendInterval from file?

Thank you.
Michael Kirsche <michael...@tu-cottbus.de>: Aug 19 11:48PM -0700

Two OMNeT ways and one normal C++-way.

Specify the parameter in a NED file (standard way) and read it during
runtime. Plus you can also specify the value (in addition) in the
omnetpp.ini: http://www.omnetpp.org/doc/omnetpp/manual/usman.html#sec155

Or simply read it from a file with the help of fstream / ifstream:
http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/files/

OMNeT approaches with NED/omnetpp.ini should be favored though...

Am Mittwoch, 20. August 2014 07:49:21 UTC+2 schrieb Andris Skrastins:
Andris Skrastins <askrast...@gmail.com>: Aug 20 12:33AM -0700

Yes, I know that i can specify and read parameter from NED file or from
.ini.
I have file that contain list of values generated with specific
distribution. Is there a way how can I re-read these values during
simulation. Is there way how can i specify this file through NED file.

On Wednesday, August 20, 2014 9:48:57 AM UTC+3, Michael Kirsche wrote:
Michael Kirsche <michael...@tu-cottbus.de>: Aug 20 12:53AM -0700

You could specify the file name via NED file and re-read such parameter
lists / distributions / whatsoever during run-time via C++ file read
operations.
No difference from ordinary C++ programming...

Am Mittwoch, 20. August 2014 09:33:58 UTC+2 schrieb Andris Skrastins:
Swarup Barua <swarup...@gmail.com>: Aug 20 12:02AM -0700

I am new in omnet++.How can i send a same message packet to different nodes
simultaneously ?..Please give me a solution .
Swarup Barua <swarup...@gmail.com>: Aug 20 12:02AM -0700

I am new in omnet++.How can i send a same message packet to different nodes
simultaneously ?..Please give me a solution .
Mohsen Sichani <mohse...@gmail.com>: Aug 19 05:40PM -0700

Hi Ivo

Once again, I appreciate your thoughtfulness,

I think I did that. This is my approach.

I created a function (call it Y), a global variable, and a new message in
the TCPbasicclientappbase.

In the MAc layer, before sending a frame, I check some parameters and as
soon as the condition satisfies, then Y will be called and some parameter
will be passed to it. In this way, the "compiler"'s control will return
back to TCPbasicclientappbase. Then in that function, if the received
parameter satisfies the condition ( a new condition), I can do whatever I
want to do by creating an event and sending a message (my new message) to
the handleTimer function of TCPbasicclientappbase(itself), and handler
function based on my message, will do what it is supposed to do (close
socket, send request, or whatever related to its functionality). By the
way, In this method, I did not use any gate.

Seems Stupid???yes?! ;)

Hope that makes sense to you. I will be happy if you could let me know your
idea about this crazy approach.

And once again
Thanks for your support

Cheers
Mohsen

On Thursday, August 14, 2014 5:40:56 PM UTC+12, Mohsen Sichani wrote:
Yakup Dogan <yakup...@gmail.com>: Aug 19 09:47AM -0700

Hi Maxime,

I have the same problem and get stucked on it. Did you solved the problem ?

I would be happy, If you can report..

With Best Regards !
Yakup Dogan <yakup...@gmail.com>: Aug 19 11:32AM -0700

The problem is the following one:

1. normally an message object is created within a simple module and this
module becomes the owner of the created message.

2. in our case, the message object is created outside a simple module, so
the owner of the created message is set internally to an "defaultlist"
object.

3. when we call scheduleAt(msg) on an simple module, it checks if he is the
owner of the scheduled message. in our case, it is not, so the error
message occurs.

4. in the past, the owner could be simple changed with an setOwner() method
of an message object, but this method no longer exists.

In the API changes is written:

"removed setOwner() with no replacement. Use take() from within
objects, e.g. foo->setOwner(this) should be replaced with
this->take(foo) or just take(foo). Some existing simulation models
used setOwner() to "work around" (hack) message ownership
problems instead of tracking them down and fixing them properly --
the intent of removing setOwner() is to close this backdoor."

5. Changing the owner is only possible within a simple module, because the
methode take is protected.

But there must be a way to schedule an event to the Queue from outside a
simple module..?
Yakup Dogan <yakup...@gmail.com>: Aug 19 12:45PM -0700

ok I could resolve the problem. you shouldn't call the scheduleAt() method,
instead you set the event message direcly to the queue, like following:

specialEvent->setSentFrom((cSimpleModule*) getModuleByPath(modulepath),
-1, getActualSimulationTime());
specialEvent->setArrival((cSimpleModule*) getModuleByPath(modulepath),
-1, nextTimeInterval);
// messageScheduled(specialEvent);
//EVCB.messageScheduled(msg);
simulation.insertMsg(specialEvent);

With Best Regards !
nor masri sahri <masri...@gmail.com>: Aug 19 04:51AM -0700

hi all, seems that it is a long time that omnet user do not discuss the
BRITE topology generator. I would like to ask few question before I decide
to use it.
1. Is it still supported with newer version of omnet? (im using 4.3 with
inet 2.1)
2. Any step by step installation method as in previous supported version
(in README for Oversim)

any advice would be appreciated
sai sreekanth kesari <srikan...@gmail.com>: Aug 19 02:45AM -0700

Can anyone help me with simulating Fibre Channel networks (FC protocol) in
OMNET++. IT is said in the site that along with SimSANs, it is capable of
doing so.