FYI: OpenShift Commons Briefing on Ignition tomorrow with Andrew Jeddeloh (Red Hat)

Diane Mueller-Klingspor

Aug 27, 2019, 3:32:54 PM8/27/19
to okd-wg
As promised, I'm hosting a live OpenShift Commons Briefing on Ignition which should be of interest to most of the participants in the OKD WG, so I hope you'll be able to make it. I will be recording the session and posting a link aftterwards, but the live Q/A component is not to be missed.

Here are the details:

Date: Aug 28 @ 9:00 am Pacific
Title: Deep Dive on Ignition
Speaker: Andrew Jeddeloh (Red Hat)

Ignition is a low-level system configuration utility. The Ignition executable is part of the temporary initial root filesystem, the initramfs. When Ignition runs, it finds configuration data in a named location for a given environment, such as a file or URL, and applies it to the machine before switch_root is called to pivot to the machine’s root filesystem.

Ignition is used by CoreOS to manipulate disks during the initramfs. This includes partitioning disks, formatting partitions, writing files (regular files, systemd units, etc.), and configuring users. On first boot, Ignition reads its configuration from a source of truth (remote URL, network metadata service, hypervisor bridge, etc.) and applies the configuration. https://github.com/coreos/ignition/

BlueJeans Link: https://bluejeans.com/8933049334

Kind Regards,

Diane Mueller
Director, Community Development
Red Hat OpenShift
@openshiftcommons

We have more in Common than you know, learn more at http://commons.openshift.org

--
Kind Regards,

Diane Mueller
Director, Community Development
Red Hat OpenShift
@openshiftcommons

We have more in Common than you know, learn more at http://commons.openshift.org

Charro Gruver

Aug 28, 2019, 2:23:22 PM8/28/19
to okd-wg
Thanks for arranging this briefing Diane.

It was very informative and helped clear up some questions that I had.

This will be like the journey from ant to maven...  painful, but necessary.   :-)