Next steps for central account chooser

Eric Sachs

Mar 1, 2012, 7:53:03 PM3/1/12
to oidf-account-chooser-list
Here are the suggested March goals for the Account Chooser working group:
  • Have an in-person meeting.  We are tentatively looking at the afternoon of March 22nd at Google's campus in Mountain View, CA.  If you are interested in attending, let me know.  If you want to join via video-conference, let me know that as well.
  • Create an extremely simple "getting started" guide for websites that want to deploy an account chooser.  This would be an update to the current doc.  The OIDF Marketing committee hopes to use this material in the accountchooser.net website
  • Have a code & security review by developers who have not been directly involved.  Google has some engineers who will do this, but it would be great if other companies would volunteer to do so as well
  • Any other P1 functionality requests the group can identify - Currently the only outstanding items are to have a graceful fallback mode for older browsers or if a user disables the central account chooser on their machine
More generally, we can probably launch our first "formal" version of the central account chooser on accountchooser.com.  This will require careful creation and management of the SSL certificate, and maybe we can do that in person on the 22nd.

Feel free to suggest other goals.

--
Eric Sachs | Senior Product Manager | esa...@google.com

Eric Sachs

Mar 12, 2012, 4:58:25 PM3/12/12
to oidf-account-chooser-list
>> Create an extremely simple "getting started" guide for websites that want to deploy an account chooser.  This would be an update to the current doc.  The OIDF Marketing committee hopes to use this material in the accountchooser.net website

After an internal discussion we updated the doc with a simpler proposal.  The short "marketing" version of the steps for a website to add an account chooser would be:
  • Add some JS to the HTML of your signup and password entry pages
  • After a login, redirect back to your password entry page for some post-processing in the JS
  • Provide a server-side API to identify emails that are not yet registered
We can discuss it further at the in person working group meeting on the 22nd.