Looking for Lightning Talk speakers... up for it?

Michael Prendergast

Jul 30, 2012, 11:20:01 AM7/30/12
to ogre...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

If you came to last week's meetup, you got to see two great Lightning Talks by Casey Li and Lana Lodge. We're looking for more people to give Lightning Talks over the coming months.

Lightning Talks are fun, 7-10 minute presentations. In our case, the topic should be something of interest to the Ruby Developers in the audience.

We're looking to have two Lightning Talks at each Ruby Tuesday.

If you're interested, please reply to this post with your topic proposal.

Thanks,
The Ottawa Ruby Team

Michael Richardson

Jul 30, 2012, 12:35:03 PM7/30/12
to ogre...@googlegroups.com

I could do a lightning talk about can-o-pg.

--
] He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life! | firewalls [
] Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON |net architect[

Michael Prendergast

Jul 31, 2012, 9:35:27 PM7/31/12
to ogre...@googlegroups.com
That sounds great Michael, thanks! :)

Would you like to be slotted in for August 28th, or for a future month?

Thanks,
Mike

Michael Richardson

Aug 1, 2012, 12:45:06 PM8/1/12
to ogre...@googlegroups.com

Michael> Would you like to be slotted in for August 28th, or for a
Michael> future month?

That day would be fine.
Lightning talk is <5min or?

Michael Prendergast

Aug 4, 2012, 10:12:20 AM8/4/12
to ogre...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

Cool, thanks! You're slotted in! :) I'll send you an email with the details.

(It'd be a 5-10 minute talk, by the way.)

Anyone else interested in giving a talk? As Lana said during her talk, giving a Lighting Talk can be a great way to commit to learn something new. :)

Feel free to reply here, or send one of us an email.

Thanks,
Mike

Michael Prendergast

Aug 6, 2012, 8:03:31 PM8/6/12
to ogre...@googlegroups.com
That'd be great Philip, thanks! I'll send you an email to follow up.

Cool, so we've got two talks lined up for this month, thanks fellas! :)

David also has an idea for a talk in September too. If anyone else wants to be slotted in for a future month, send Edward or myself an email with your topic please.

Thanks a lot everyone. If you haven't RSVP'd for this month's meetup, you can RSVP here.

See ya soon!
Mike

On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Philip Karpiak <phi...@eswat.ca> wrote:
I can do a talk on some quick wins developers can do to improve their UI/design, this month.

– Philip
Message has been deleted