The "Other fifty weeks" podcast - chatting about OERu a little unplugged

1 view

Wayne Mackintosh

Jun 2, 2016, 1:18:58 AM6/2/16
to WikiEducator, OE...@googlegroups.com
The Adrian Stagg at the University of Southern Queensland is coordinating a new podcast initiative called "The other fifty weeks" aimed at continuing the open discussion outside of open education week and open access week. To the best of my knowledge, this is the only dedicated open education podcast series. Kudos to USQ on launching this project.

It's refreshing to see that the inaugural two interviewees are based at OERu partner institutions :-).

About 20 minutes into the interview, Adrian guided me to start sharing ideas and experiences relating to the emergent practice of "open design." For me this is the most exciting aspect of our collaborative effort - we are building and discovering new ways of assembling high quality courses using open courses using open source principles.

Here's the podcast link:

http://fiftyweeks.podbean.com/e/episode-2-open-course-design/

I wish Adrian every success with this great initiative.

--
Wayne Mackintosh
Director OER Foundation and OERu facilitator