Alpha release of OERu guidelines for articulation and credit transfer

Wayne Mackintosh

Nov 1, 2014, 1:50:46 AM11/1/14
to oe...@googlegroups.com, OERu planning
Hi everyone,

In preparation for our 3rd meeting of OERu partners, I have prepared an alpha version of the OERu credit transfer and course articulation guidelines

This is a significant element of the OERu model.

If you would like to provide any feedback on this alpha draft to be considered by the 3rd meeting of OERu partners on 6 & 7 November 2014, please post this on the corresponding discussion page in the wiki. You can also participate as a virtual participant during the live webcast of the meeting.

There will be ample opportunity over the coming months to contribute to the refinement and improvement of the alpha version of this document.

Thanks.
--
Wayne Mackintosh, Ph.D.
Director OER Foundation

Maria Droujkova

Nov 1, 2014, 6:14:50 AM11/1/14
to OE...@googlegroups.com, OERu planning
The aim of my comment is to increase the transparency (one of the principles) by making communications more transparent. I imagine students and parents (who are major stakeholders in the process) reading this. For a good example, I am looking at Creative Commons licenses: there is a very human description and then there is the legal description.
(Lawyer) https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode

This part is a summary, for example:
---

The OERu credit transfer system provides an efficient framework to support virtual mobility of OERu learners among partner institutions towards credible credentials. The system is found on the principles of transparency, trust, fairness and predictability underscored by institutional autonomy. The system is designed to:

  1. Promote transfer credit for equivalent learning which OERu learners can apply to fulfil credential requirements at OERu partner institutions.
  2. Promote equitable treatment of OERu learners at partner institutions
  3. Ensure that transfer credit within the network is based on a rigorous articulation process maintaining academic integrity and quality standards.
---

A more accessible version could be:
--

The OERu credit transfer system helps students mix and match courses from partner institutions. This means you can freely assemble credible credentials by taking courses at any participating university or college. The system has three main goals:
  1. Transfer credit into partner institutions, where it fulfils credential requirements.

Cheers,
Dr. Maria Droujkova
-- .- - ....

Wayne Mackintosh

Nov 1, 2014, 5:47:00 PM11/1/14
to OE...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Maria,

Good point, we need a human readable version for learners / parents.

Would you mind posting a copy of your feedback on the Discussion page in the wiki so we have it properly attributed to your username?

For now, we just have the initial draft of the "Registrar" version. Once we have sign off from a critical mass of administrators at our OERu partners, would you be able to help us in developing the human readable version?

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OERu" group.

Maria Droujkova

Nov 30, 2014, 10:40:41 AM11/30/14
to OE...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 5:46 PM, Wayne Mackintosh <mackinto...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Maria,

Good point, we need a human readable version for learners / parents.

Would you mind posting a copy of your feedback on the Discussion page in the wiki so we have it properly attributed to your username?

For now, we just have the initial draft of the "Registrar" version. Once we have sign off from a critical mass of administrators at our OERu partners, would you be able to help us in developing the human readable version?

I added this comment to the page.

Helping with accessibility will depend on when it happens and how much work it is. We have editors at Natural Math responsible and trained for that, if it's a large amount of work and you want substantive help.